2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Even after it buys Nortel, Avaya won't dominate Cisco in the battle for business-communications customers, according to a new study.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Avaya has emerged as the winning bidder for Nortel’s enterprise business, reportedly beating out Siemens Enterprise Communications over the weekend.
Avaya may be competing against other suitors in its efforts to acquire the enterprise assets of Nortel Networks, published reports indicate.
As expected, Nortel has entered into a "stalking horse" asset and share sale agreement with Avaya for its Enterprise Solutions business.
Nortel is reportedly close to selling its enterprise division to Avaya for US$500 million.
Avaya has bought Agile Software, bringing in-house the team that created and develops the call center software Avaya sells to midsize businesses.
By its own admission, insurance and financial services giant Suncorp had no unified communication technology just three years ago, but since then the introduction of IP telephony and videoconferencing has worked wonders for how the business leverages...
For Avaya, 2009 could solidify the company's top spot on the unified communications sales charts, putting it in the best position to reap even more as the world economy improves in the years following, industry experts say.
Avaya will let enterprise workers leave voicemail messages and combine them with e-mail, giving both callers and recipients new options for retrieving and saving their communications.
Avaya is planning a core server with which customers and independent software vendors can easily build presence, voice and other communications modes into business applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Legal war with Apple hits Qualcomm's revenue projections
- Network management vulnerability exposes cable modems to hacking
- Radeon owners rebel when AMD drivers stealth drop Quake Champions links on desktops
- Blame terrorists if you get a speeding ticket while driving in France
- If software eats everything, are network engineers on the menu?
PCW Evaluation Team
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTechnical Business AnalystSA
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- FTProject Manager - InfrastructureVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTTechnical Expert | 3mth+contractVIC
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- CCSAP FIORI Technical SpecialistQLD
- TPChange ManagerNSW
- FTService Delivery AnalystNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystACT
- CCNetworks Engineer - SecurityVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCBlue Prism DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTProduct Manager (IT Clinical Systems) - Permanent - Syd, Melb or BrisbNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTOSS Developer - BPM (Business Process Manager) SMEVIC
- FTAudio Visual / Video Solution Architect | $100 p/hrVIC
- TPIT Service ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- CCTibco Integration Specialist l Port MacquarieNSW
- TPIntermediate Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Java EngineerWA
- CCIT Information Architect..VIC