2010 should be a watershed year for Avaya, which has been reinventing itself for the past three years and is just about to take on the challenge of acquiring and integrating the enterprise assets of Nortel.
2010 promises to be an interesting year in the enterprise LAN switching market.
This year saw the slow, painful dismantling of Nortel. Its gradual exit from the tech scene played out the entire year, as each month brought news of more layoffs, markdowns or sell-offs.
Even after it buys Nortel, Avaya won't dominate Cisco in the battle for business-communications customers, according to a new study.
Users should chart the progress of Avaya's purchase of Nortel's enterprise assets carefully, so that they are spared any unpleasant product integration or rationalization surprises.
The biggest issue facing Nortel enterprise customers on the heels of Avaya's US$900 million purchase of that business is product overlap, consolidation and subsequent support, analysts say.
Avaya has emerged as the winning bidder for Nortel’s enterprise business, reportedly beating out Siemens Enterprise Communications over the weekend.
Avaya may be competing against other suitors in its efforts to acquire the enterprise assets of Nortel Networks, published reports indicate.
As expected, Nortel has entered into a "stalking horse" asset and share sale agreement with Avaya for its Enterprise Solutions business.
Nortel is reportedly close to selling its enterprise division to Avaya for US$500 million.
Avaya has bought Agile Software, bringing in-house the team that created and develops the call center software Avaya sells to midsize businesses.
By its own admission, insurance and financial services giant Suncorp had no unified communication technology just three years ago, but since then the introduction of IP telephony and videoconferencing has worked wonders for how the business leverages...
For Avaya, 2009 could solidify the company's top spot on the unified communications sales charts, putting it in the best position to reap even more as the world economy improves in the years following, industry experts say.
Avaya will let enterprise workers leave voicemail messages and combine them with e-mail, giving both callers and recipients new options for retrieving and saving their communications.
Avaya is planning a core server with which customers and independent software vendors can easily build presence, voice and other communications modes into business applications.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCWeb Content SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCICT Security Design & Implementation - NV1ACT
- FTIT Infrastructure EngineerSA
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCProgram Director, Cyber Security TransformationNSW
- FTBack End Developer - Java, Spring, RESTNSW
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTPrincipal Business Consultant- Wealth ManagementNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCOracle/Java/Applications DeveloperACT
- FTAutomation Tester- C#, Selenium | Cloud Based Finance SolutionsNSW
- CCIT Support Officer- SAP (tool experience)NSW
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW