The Samsung Wave is a great debut for the Bada OS, although only a limited number of apps are currently available
Samsung Australia will host two Australian developer days in August for its new Bada mobile operating system, the company announced last week.
Samsung today launched its Wave smartphone in Australia, the first mobile phone to run the company's new open source Bada operating system.
Time will tell if Samsung can attract developers to its own smartphone operating system now that it has released the beta of its Bada software development kit.
Samsung is hoping a "Super-AMOLED" capacitive touchscreen will set the GT-S8500 Wave, the company's first smartphone based on its own Bada platform, apart from the competition, it said on Sunday. But analysts are questioning if the platform will be a...
Samsung has revealed a bit more about Bada, a new mobile phone platform that's supposed to bring apps to cheaper smartphones.
Samsung introduced Bada, what the company calls a mobile platform for a new breed of its smartphones. But is there really a need for yet another mobile OS, next to the likes of Apple, Microsoft or Google?
Today brings news of Bada, a new smartphone operating system from Samsung, product of corporate fantasy that second-tier brands can really change the world.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 161013/JP/602Asia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- FTSolution ArchitectACT
- FTSr. Insight SpecialistVIC
- CCService Analyst (12-month contract)Asia
- CCSystems Engineer - NetApp, Exchange, ADNSW
- CCIT Manager - ANZNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTProject ManagerSA
- CCSenior Siebel AnalystACT
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Application SupportVIC
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- FT.Net CRM Dynamics Developer LeadVIC
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- CCSenior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/Web) 161014/SA/922Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 161014/CO/vmtAsia
- CCAgile Business AnalystVIC