U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
WikiLeaks wants to raise US$100,000 to offer as a reward for whoever leaks the full text of the controversial free trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
After six months of contentious debate over U.S. National Security Agency surveillance programs, prompted by leaks from former government contractor Edward Snowden, the third week in December may have marked a major turning point.
Politics collided with the world of technology this year as stories about U.S. government spying stirred angst both among the country's citizens and foreign governments, and the flawed HeathCare.gov site got American health-care reform off to a rocky...
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
With the U.S. presidential election on Tuesday, it's fair to say that technology policy hasn't risen to the top of the agenda in the debate between President Barack Obama and Republican challenger Mitt Romney.
The press has been all over President-Elect Barack Obama's addiction to his BlackBerry and the possibility that he might have to give it up for reasons of national security. But no one in the media seems to be asking the most logical follow-up questi...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCWeb AnalystNSW
- TPSAP FICO Functional AnalystQLD
- CCSenior Software Engineer / Architect (Network Technologies)NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterQLD
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Performance AnalystACT
- TPProcess Business AnalystVIC
- CCTechnical Writer - TelcoVIC
- TPBI DeveloperSA
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- FTSoftware Sales & BDMNSW
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTPaid Search SpecialistNSW
- FTOperations Support Analyst (Business Process Improvement) Perm North SydneyNSW
- CCProgram PMO Analyst, GovernanceNSW
- TPProject Manager - HealthQLD
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).VIC
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT