U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
WikiLeaks wants to raise US$100,000 to offer as a reward for whoever leaks the full text of the controversial free trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve legislation that would encourage companies to share cyberattack information with each other and with the government, despite concerns that it would put new consumer information in the hands of su...
Legislation that would require businesses across the U.S. to notify affected customers after a data breach is headed toward a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives even though some digital rights groups say the bill will actually weaken p...
New U.S. government sanctions targeting the bank accounts of suspected cyberattackers raise questions about due process for people who feel they're wrongly accused and about how agencies will identify the source of attacks.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
Proposed legislation that would require U.S. businesses to notify affected customers after data breaches is too weak because it would preempt stronger breach notification laws in several states and it wouldn't cover several classes of data, including...
Republican lawmakers repeatedly accused the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of being improperly influenced by President Barack Obama during the agency's recent net neutrality proceeding, but lawmakers failed to produce solid evidence during a ...
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration still believes in the use of encryption to protect digital information, even after top officials have questioned how law enforcement agencies will get access to data on encrypted devices, a White House adv...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- WikiLeaks’ Assange confident of winning 'any fair trial' in the US
- FTC charges Qualcomm with anticompetitive chip tactics
- Can a DDoS attack on Whitehouse.gov be a valid protest?
- Obama commutes sentence for Chelsea Manning, a WikiLeaks source
- HPE buying SimpliVity for US$650 million to boost hyperconvergence
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCNetwork Security Specialist - Palo Alto Firewall ExpertVIC
- FTConsulting Solution/Integration ArchitectVIC
- FTSecurity IPS Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCData Migration Lead - SAPNSW
- FTSenior Java EngineerACT
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- FTApplications Sales ExecutiveWA
- CCOracle R12 Functional ConsultantSA
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)SA
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTIT Field EngineerNSW
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)WA
- FTDeveloper - Java, Mule ESBNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst - Apps DevelopmentNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementSA
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantSA