U.S. President Barack Obama should oppose legislation intended to let businesses share cyberthreat information with each other and with government agencies because the bill would allow the sharing of too much personal information, a coalition of digi...
After the U.S. Congress approved what critics have called modest limits on the National Security Agency's collection of domestic telephone records, many lawmakers may be reluctant to further change the government's surveillance programs.
The U.S. National Security Agency is reportedly intercepting Internet communications from U.S. residents without getting court-ordered warrants, in an effort to hunt down malicious hackers.
The U.S. Senate has passed legislation intended to rein in the National Security Agency's bulk collection of domestic telephone records, sending the bill to President Barack Obama for his signature.
WikiLeaks wants to raise US$100,000 to offer as a reward for whoever leaks the full text of the controversial free trade agreement, the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP).
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
Protests over a controversial international trade agreement have taken on new urgency in recent days, after U.S. lawmakers introduced legislation that would give President Barack Obama's administration broad authority to negotiate the deal.
The U.S. House of Representatives has voted to approve legislation that would encourage companies to share cyberattack information with each other and with the government, despite concerns that it would put new consumer information in the hands of su...
Legislation that would require businesses across the U.S. to notify affected customers after a data breach is headed toward a vote on the floor of the House of Representatives even though some digital rights groups say the bill will actually weaken p...
New U.S. government sanctions targeting the bank accounts of suspected cyberattackers raise questions about due process for people who feel they're wrongly accused and about how agencies will identify the source of attacks.
Opponents of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's new net neutrality rules aren't giving up, with a conservative advocacy group saying it has collected more than 540,000 signatures on a petition asking Congress to overturn the agency's action...
Proposed legislation that would require U.S. businesses to notify affected customers after data breaches is too weak because it would preempt stronger breach notification laws in several states and it wouldn't cover several classes of data, including...
Republican lawmakers repeatedly accused the U.S. Federal Communications Commission of being improperly influenced by President Barack Obama during the agency's recent net neutrality proceeding, but lawmakers failed to produce solid evidence during a ...
A U.S. Senate committee has voted in secret to approve a controversial bill that seeks to encourage businesses to share information about cyberthreats with each other and with government agencies.
U.S. President Barack Obama's administration still believes in the use of encryption to protect digital information, even after top officials have questioned how law enforcement agencies will get access to data on encrypted devices, a White House adv...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Uber, Alphabet autonomous car rivalry heats up
- Privacy groups complain to FTC about WhatsApp policy changes
- The Top 6 TVs in 2016
- New Surface Pro 3 firmware update should solve battery woes
- Hackers had a chance to hamper voting by deleting records
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSolution Architect - WMS/LogisticsVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCImplementation and Deployment ManagerNSW
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Designer - Windows UpgradeNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst, WealthNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCITIL- Technical Release CoordinatorNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCLean Six Sigma Project ManagerVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- CCSr IT Support specialist - MCSE- L2/L3- Travelling requiredNSW
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Office 365/Sharepoint/Project OnlineQLD
- CCTIBCO Support ConsultantsNSW
- CCIT Program Manager - TelecommunicationsNSW