A pair of UT Austin researchers, including the co-inventor of the lithium-ion battery, have developed a solid-state battery that can store more energy and is said to be safer than the batteries used in today's phones and tablets.
You might be able to use a portable battery to charge your Watch while wearing it.
Samsung will run batteries through extensive testing to check durability, charging, build quality, and leakage before shipping new smartphones.
The Surface Pro 3 is having battery issues again, but this time it's largely affecting LG-made batteries.
Microsoft today continued to press its case that Windows 10's Edge browser is more power efficient than rivals.
A portable battery with a lot of potential for charging a laptop with USB-C.
Google recently ran a battery life test comparing Chrome 46 to Chrome 53. And the winner was...Chrome.
Samsung Electronics is on the verge of making a substantial investment in BYD, a Chinese manufacturer of electric cars and batteries.
It's part of a batch of four new phones marketed towards those who crave longer battery life and a slim build.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
If you bought a Toshiba laptop between 2011 and 2016 you might have a faulty battery pack eligible for a free replacement.
You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
We think of batteries as just a fuel tank to power our electronic devices. Microsoft, Tesla and others have thought up a new idea: software-defined batteries, which use a bunch of specialized batteries to trade off power tasks as needed.
Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® Portable SSD
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Huawei Mate 9
Google Daydream VR headset
Acer Swift 7
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Surface Pro 4
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell XPS 13 laptop
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Venom Blackbook Zero 14 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Augmented reality gets a second life in manufacturing
- FBI director floats international framework on access to encrypted data
- Hisense displays successors to amazing Series 7 ULED - Series 8 and 9
- Microsoft expands connected car push with patent licensing
- Leaked iCloud credentials obtained from third parties, Apple says
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- First look at the Formula 1 2017 pit lane in Melbourne, Australia
- LG 2017 OLED and Super LED UHD 4K TVs: Hands-on review
- Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst AgileQLD
- FT.Net DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrostrategy DeveloperVIC
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTApplication Services Administrator (Linux)NSW
- FTApplication Support LeadQLD
- CCBig Data Developer - Government - 12 Month Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Digitalisation projectsQLD
- CCJava DeveloperVIC
- CC3 x UX Designers - 3 month contract initially - IT Services company - SydneyNSW
- FTTeam and Project AdministratorQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ReportsNSW
- TPMedia AssistantNSW
- FTSenior System/Network EngineerACT
- TPNetwork AdministratorWA
- FTDevOps - Web AdministratorQLD
- TPGIS Developer - 6 month ContractQLD
- FTJunior Applications SupportNSW
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- FTCitrix EngineerNSW
- TPSenior Project OfficerQLD
- CCPega DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior ABAP DeveloperQLD
- CCDevOps Engineer - TelcoVIC