Phone Arena benchmarked the battery in the Galaxy S8+ and found that it got 8 hours, better than any other Android phone and even besting the iPhone 7. But Samsung's default settings limit the display's full potential.
A pair of UT Austin researchers, including the co-inventor of the lithium-ion battery, have developed a solid-state battery that can store more energy and is said to be safer than the batteries used in today's phones and tablets.
You might be able to use a portable battery to charge your Watch while wearing it.
Samsung will run batteries through extensive testing to check durability, charging, build quality, and leakage before shipping new smartphones.
The Surface Pro 3 is having battery issues again, but this time it's largely affecting LG-made batteries.
Microsoft today continued to press its case that Windows 10's Edge browser is more power efficient than rivals.
A portable battery with a lot of potential for charging a laptop with USB-C.
Google recently ran a battery life test comparing Chrome 46 to Chrome 53. And the winner was...Chrome.
Samsung Electronics is on the verge of making a substantial investment in BYD, a Chinese manufacturer of electric cars and batteries.
It's part of a batch of four new phones marketed towards those who crave longer battery life and a slim build.
Nissan and power management company Eaton Electrical have joined forces to create new residential energy storage unit designed to rival Tesla's Powerwall home battery as the most affordable on the market.
Amazon Kindle devices already last for weeks on one charge, but Amazon wants them to last even longer.
If you bought a Toshiba laptop between 2011 and 2016 you might have a faulty battery pack eligible for a free replacement.
You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
We think of batteries as just a fuel tank to power our electronic devices. Microsoft, Tesla and others have thought up a new idea: software-defined batteries, which use a bunch of specialized batteries to trade off power tasks as needed.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to find the Windows 10 Creators Update's hidden desktop themes
- AMD updates Ryzen drivers with a new power profile and the promise of better performance
- BlackBerry KeyOne to launch in US and Canada in late May
- Dell XPS 15 vs. MacBook Pro 15: Fight!
- Samsung will launch new flagship smartphone months after Galaxy S8
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior Solutions Architect - Network & Unified ComunicationsACT
- CCCommercial ManagerVIC
- TPEOI - Developer/Tester/Software EngineerACT
- TPLevel 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC
- FTProject Administrator - Telecommunications InfrastructureNSW
- FTSecurity Consultant -10056987-001VIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTMidrange Application Developer (.Net)ACT
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- FTICT Relationship Manager - Service Delivery EnvironmentNSW
- TPSQL Server DeveloperNSW
- TPSystem AdministratorQLD
- CCSolution Architect - Audio Visual/Video DomainVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - FrontendNSW
- FTSolution Architect l MS Exchange, O365NSW
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCVirtualisation / Infrastructure ArchitectACT
- FTSenior Software Engineer - JavaACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTSenior MS Server Administrator with HyperVNSW
- CCSenior Domain ArchitectVIC
- FTSenior System EngineerNSW