You'll be shocked, but inside it's mostly battery.
We think of batteries as just a fuel tank to power our electronic devices. Microsoft, Tesla and others have thought up a new idea: software-defined batteries, which use a bunch of specialized batteries to trade off power tasks as needed.
Let's face it: batteries suck. The only reason battery life is getting better is because everything else in our devices is getting smaller. That allows manufacturers to make more room for the dang power pack without having to improve anything but the...
A firmware update for Microsoft's Surface Pro 2 appears to have drastically improved battery life, addressing one of the beefy tablet's biggest weak points.
Tesla Motors CEO Elon Musk has more than just one plan to make it possible for electric car motorists to drive across the country.
In what appears to be a one-off incident and not a general manufacturing flaw, a passenger's iPhone 4 "self-combusted" on an Australian flight last Friday, according to an airline press release [<a href="http://www.regionalexpress.com.au/MediaRelease...
Do you know where your smartphone is? Unless you're using it to read PCWorld.com, your phone is probably plugged into an outlet somewhere to charge, because the battery stinks.
Apple is working to fix the battery problems faced by users of devices carrying its i0S 5 mobile operating system, solve a security issue with the magnetic SmartCover for the iPad 2 and add a new multi-touch feature to its original tablet.
Apple iPhone 4S users worried about the device’s battery draining rapidly can take steps to prevent the problem.
Researchers at Stanford University have used nanotechnology to create lightweight, bendable batteries out of paper.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Opera gets acquisition offer from Chinese consortium that includes Qihoo
- US regulator coming around to view that a Google computer could qualify as car driver
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCInformation Security ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- FTSecurity ArchitectWA
- CCData AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTTechnical Support EngineerNSW
- CCDBA (Oracle/SQL)NSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCMultiple Java rolesACT
- CCInfrastructure ConsultantNSW
- CCService Delivery Manager - Infrastructure/ApplicationsNSW
- CCSystem TesterQLD
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystQLD
- CCSSIS/ SSRS ExpertVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - Life InsuranceVIC
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160205/AP/541Asia
- CCEXCEL Guru / Data AdministratorNSW