Settings for screen brightness, low-power mode and more will help you last longer on a charge.
A French startup opened a crowdfunding campaign for a paper-thin sticker that adheres to the back of a smartphone or tablet, enabling wireless charging from a pad that handles multiple devices at the same time.
It's not ready for primetime yet, but work is under way to make wireless charging significantly faster at replenishing your battery.
Tesla said it will hold off on selling its 10kWh backup battery and instead sell only a 7kWh intermittent battery for homes.
Huawei has developed a prototype smartphone battery that can be recharged to half its capacity in just five minutes.
Avoid the dreaded 'battery low' message with these simple tips
Kyle Wiens and his team at iFixit, a Web site that provides free repair manuals and advice forums, are some of the smartest Apple geeks around. They've taken apart countless iPhones, Macs and iPads to see what makes them tick-and, of course, to find ...
Videos about Battery
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPPrincipal Project ManagerQLD
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Support EngineerNSW
- CCJava Developer - Baseline Clearance requiredVIC
- CCSenior Project Coordinator - Banking/Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSolution Architect-PHPNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- TPSolution Architect | HRISQLD
- FTSoftware DeveloperQLD
- FTMigration ArchitectSA
- CCSolution Designer - MulesoftVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane BasedNSW
- CCSales Support AssociateNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager / Program ManagerNSW
- CCEOI - TIBCO DeveloperSA
- TPFull Stack .NET DeveloperWA
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTSecurity ConsultantQLD
- CCWeb DesignerNSW
- FTTechnical Solutions Architect -Cloud /Work Location - CanberraVIC