SAP has been slapped with a lawsuit by California's state controller over a payroll software implementation the office says cost taxpayers a vast sum of money, but has never worked correctly.
It may not be "feasible" to complete a gigantic SAP software project meant to unify California's many public employee payroll systems, according to a report issued this week by the state's Legislative Analyst's office.
California has terminated its contract with SAP in connection with a US$371 million software system that was supposed to overhaul the state's payroll system but instead ended up mired in major delays and cost overruns.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCContract IT Assistant (PC LAN Support) 161020/ITA/652Asia
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectNSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementWA
- CCSAP GRC consultant with ABAP experience . Canberra LocationNSW
- FTSenior Manager, Digital Analytics and Customer InsightsNSW
- FTHL7 Interface AnalystQLD
- FTJava Script, Frontend Developer- DynamoDB or MongoDBNSW
- TPSenior Helpdesk OfficerACT
- CCSenior Java DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical SpecialistVIC
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- FTPeopleSoft Business Analyst x 2QLD
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCSOE EngineerACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- FTSenior Murex DeveloperVIC
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- TPJava Developers X 2QLD
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- FTFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCHuman Sciences Professional - DefenceVIC
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectNSW
- CCScrum Master/ Agile CoachVIC
- CCProject SchedulerWA