SAP has been slapped with a lawsuit by California's state controller over a payroll software implementation the office says cost taxpayers a vast sum of money, but has never worked correctly.
It may not be "feasible" to complete a gigantic SAP software project meant to unify California's many public employee payroll systems, according to a report issued this week by the state's Legislative Analyst's office.
California has terminated its contract with SAP in connection with a US$371 million software system that was supposed to overhaul the state's payroll system but instead ended up mired in major delays and cost overruns.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T will acquire Time Warner for $85.4B in content play
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCPOS EngineerNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTDigital Optimisation and Analytics SpecialistNSW
- CCBusiness Process Specialist/AnalystNSW
- FTEmbedded Software EngineerSA
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- FTProject Manager - Intelligent Transport SolutionsNSW
- CCADABAS Database Administrator - NV1 clearedACT
- FTWeb DeveloperNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/J2EE) 161025/AP/862Asia
- CCServiceNow ConsultantNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Web Programming) 161013/AP/185Asia
- CCSenior Business Analyst - experience in IDAM a MUSTNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- CCLevel 3 Microsoft Resource EngineerVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCSenior Developer - C++/Perl/PythonNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle/SQL) 161018/AP/812Asia
- CCICT Business AnalystACT
- CCTesting Capability LeadNSW
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW