System administrators and IT security pros can take bit of a breather: Microsoft has issued a comparatively light set of patches for this edition of its monthly release of software vulnerability fixes.
Organisations could dramatically cut their exposure to vulnerabilities in Microsoft software simply by limiting Windows admin rights.
The VMware ESX hypervisor could let IT staff steal sensitive data by abusing administrative access, particularly if customers fail to implement role-based access controls, the security vendor BeyondTrust argued last week at VMworld.
Latest News Articles
- Frustrated users complain about SkyDrive problems after Windows 8.1 update
- Intel signs tech partnership for 49ers' Silicon Valley stadium
- NSA task force recommends major changes in surveillance
- Oracle's Q2 profits down 1 percent, revenue up 2 percent to $9.3 billion
- Italian Supreme Court upholds acquittals in Googe video bullying case
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »