Indian online retailer Flipkart has abandoned a plan to give customers of mobile operator Bharti Airtel free access to its mobile app after criticism that the move posed a threat to net neutrality.
Google's services were disrupted briefly on Thursday after a broadband provider in India made a network routing error.
India is auctioning spectrum for mobile wireless services for the third time starting Monday, after reducing the minimum price for access to the airwaves.
Bharti Airtel and the Indian venture of Vodafone Group were charged Friday by India's top investigation agency for the alleged irregular allocation of mobile spectrum in 2002.
The auction of 2G spectrum in India that ended Wednesday will earn the government about one-quarter of what it had planned, reflecting industry concerns about the high cost of the spectrum and the saturation of the country's mobile market.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Change Manager, Wealth ManagementNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystSA
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior PMO Coordinator, FinanceNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceVIC
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperOther
- CCDevelopment Lead - JavaNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperVIC
- CCFinancial AnalystNSW
- TPProject Manager - SalesforceVIC
- FTSalesforce Solutions Architect/DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Functional Consultant Advanced Warehouse ManagementNSW
- CCMid Level .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnology Solutions Architect - CloudACT
- CCAngular DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- CCIT Service Design Analyst- ITSMNSW
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTExperienced .NET DevelopersQLD