The digital universe is doubling every two years, according to EMC. That means, by 2020, about 1.7 MB of new information will be created every second, for every human being on the planet. In business, this previously unimaginable proliferation of dat...
big data in pictures
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Successful AI projects require more than just great algorithms or access to data scientists, writes Ray Wang of Constellation Research.
Network analytics startup Saisei, of which Dodo founder Larry Kestelman is the largest shareholder, has been recognised as a ‘Big50 Startup’ in the US.
MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Businesses and large corporations struggle to digest dense data. An overload of data can be intimidating, and problems arise from the time taken to process the information, as well as a lack of internal skills and tools to interpret it. In cases wher...
In recent years, big data and artificial intelligence (AI) have received overwhelming attention, however the interesting – even obvious – connection between the two hasn’t often been explored. It is the combination of big data and AI working together...
Big Data is a huge buzz word in the business world and why should it be any different in sport? Big Data is changing the rules of the game and is providing athletes with the winning edge.
What you need to know about HP Inc. - one half of the new-look tech giant.
Applying Big Data approaches to information security can help enterprises build better situational awareness capabilities, but implementation could prove to be a major challenge, security experts said at the RSA Conference 2013 being held here this w...
Whitepapers about big data
This paper explains why, with big data, it’s not about the type, amount or speed of data, but rather what we do with that data and the speed at which we do it. • Business intelligence reports and dashboards simply won’t give you with the level of detail and agility you need • Analytics can help gain a competitive advantage, but developing analytics maturity will help sustain that • This paper walks through each step of the analytics maturity journey, providing insights into the capabilities and tools to consider
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google Fiber puts expansion plans on hold to review strategy
- Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- Civilization VI review: Learning from some (but not all) of history's mistakes
- Dyn attack: US Senator wants to know why IoT security is so anemic
- Apple's Q4 2016 results: Better than expected with 45.5 million iPhones sold, but revenue continues to slide
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTJunior Web Developer | Django | Python | AWS | PostgreSQL | North Sydney NSW
- CCApplication Support DeveloperVIC
- FTNetwork Support SpecialistACT
- CCSolution Architect - BRISBANE BASEDNSW
- FTSenior Architect | Perl | Linux |MySQL | Infrastructure | TelecomNSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW
- CCUX LeadNSW
- CCData Scientist (Big Data)VIC
- CCNetwork DesignerVIC
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerVIC
- FTSenior UX DesignerAsia
- CCSenior Project Manager (Marketing Automation)NSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- CCMobile Developers (IOS and Android)QLD
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCProject AnalystVIC
- FTSystems SpecialistNSW
- TPBusiness Process AnalystNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTIT Systems ManagerNSW
- CCL1 Desktop Support - 3 days a weekNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE) 161101/AP/162Asia
- CCMicrosoft Dynamics AX Solution Architect (Permanent and/or Contract Option)QLD
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD