MapR Technologies' new Spyglass Initiative is an open and extensible approach designed to centralized monitoring of big data deployments.
Top three questions answered as Redmond prepares to acquire social media giant.
Microsoft has partnered with a San Francisco-based company to encode information on synthetic DNA to test its potential as a new medium for data storage.
Got privacy? You may think you do, but a recent experiment by a Russian photographer suggests otherwise.
“Business leaders understand the need to invest in their security infrastructure, but that isn’t translating..."
Signals is a new textual analytics platform that aims to help users in businesses of any size crunch a wide variety of data without having to rely on highly trained data scientists or IT experts for help.
General Electric is introducing the Digital Power Plant, a real-time simulation of a physical power plant that lives in the cloud and allows for better management and less downtime.
Intel and Cloudera joined forces just a year ago to accelerate enterprise Hadoop adoption. Here’s how seven companies have taken advantage of new technology to drive Big Data.
It turns out that a vital missing ingredient in the long-sought after goal of getting machines to think like humans -- artificial intelligence -- has been lots and lots of data.
Many healthcare organisations like to talk about data analytics. However, here are eight pieces of expert advice to help you actually do it.
The Big Data space is heating up
Cloud, mobility, Big Data, SDN, wearables -- see what’s in store for 2014
Infor is buying PeopleAnswers, maker of software companies can use to analyze a job candidate's behavioral traits before deciding whether to make a hire. Terms of the deal, which was announced Wednesday, were not disclosed.
It's been one of the big buzzwords of 2013, but what does 2014 have in store for Big Data? CIO.com looks at 12 ways the technology and the market will evolve in the coming year.
Big or small, data can be difficult to visualise. These examples use heat maps to put massive data sets into a context that's easy to understand.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
- HP sells PCs in a new way as it tries to speed up upgrades
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTTechnical Services ManagerACT
- CCSr Business Analyst FI/CO, ERP, Procurement, Payroll, HR, SAPNSW
- CCSales Specialist - DigitalNSW
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - Marketing and Distribution systemsNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - BPRNSW
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA
- CCSystems Engineer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCField Network Engineer - GSM Networks.VIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTTIBCO Technical LeadNSW
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCData ArchitectSA
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia