After blasting Microsoft's attempts to set Edge as the default browser in Windows 10, Mozilla is enjoying some sweet revenge by steering Firefox users away from Bing.
Former Microsoft chief executive Steve Ballmer may have loved basketball so much that he bought the L.A. Clippers, but it's the current CEO, Satya Nadella, who's showing that he can pick the winners of the NCAA Tournament better than his predictive s...
More than a decade after burying Clippy, we're seeing echoes of the virtual assistant in Project Spartan, the lightweight new browser Microsoft is building for Windows 10. Cortana is going to be a centerpiece in Spartan, but unlike her anthropomorphi...
Twitter users will easier time reading tweets not in their native language thanks to a new translation feature powered by Bing.
In an effort to wiggle free of its pre-existing search agreement with Microsoft, Yahoo is fast-tracking an effort to develop search technology, according to a report.
Microsoft's Cloud chief, Satya Nadella, will lead the company as its next chief executive, according to a report from Bloomberg.
There's a place lurking beneath the Internet you use every day.
Searching online for something like "diet plans," or "Caribbean vacation," or of course "iPhone," is bound to present a slew of results, including ads. Now, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission wants search engines to display those ads more clearly.
Microsoft's push to make its Bing search engine more social will take it in a new direction--actually letting a select group of users curate results.
Bing is adding some new social features to its search engine, by letting users comment and "like" their Facebook friends' posts directly on the site.
Spring is in the air, and Google wants its users to be able to search for it and smell it, literally.
Bing is incorporating more information from outside social networks such as Facebook and Twitter into how it displays search results involving people.
The social network sent press invitations to a March 7 event at the company's offices in Menlo Park, Calif. "Come see a new look for News Feed," the invite reads.
Users of Microsoft's Bing search engine can now see a wider range of Facebook content from their friends appear alongside search results, part of an effort by Microsoft to make the site more social.
Facebook is rolling out a major new search engine designed to give users more options in sorting through topics and interests based on their friends.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Wave 2 Wi-Fi may be a sleeper, but it's great for some
- Researchers dismantle decade-long Iranian cyberespionage operation
- Amazon's Elastic File System is now open for business
- ACLU lawsuit challenges US computer hacking law
- Mapping firm invites auto industry to improve spec for sharing vehicle sensor data
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTDevelopment/Architect Capability ManagerVIC
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject/ Program AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior Business Analyst - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCSAP Financial Master DataACT
- CCIT Helpdesk Support- Remedy ticketing systemNSW
- CCSalesforce Technical Business AnalystNSW
- CCICT Engineer - SecurityQLD
- CCProgram Test ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology and Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Business Analyst (Integration background)NSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTSystems Analyst - ERPNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCLead Communications ConsultantWA