Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Poseidon hacker group behind long-running extortion scheme
- Is Docker ditching Ubuntu Linux? Confusion reigns
- Google will stop accepting new Flash ads on June 30
- Samsung hopes Raspberry Pi can spread Tizen OS adoption
- 5G dreams in Barcelona: Cars, robots and VR games
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Marketing Specialist | Media BuyerNSW
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- FTVB6 DeveloperNSW
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- CC.NET DeveloperACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (MS.Net/Visual Basic) 160129/AP/vtdAsia
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- FTSystems Administrator/Engineer | $60-90K package | Northern BeachesNSW
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTInsight / Customer - Data ScientistNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - DigitalVIC
- FTSenior Oracle DBANSW
- CCProject Manager & Coordination OfficerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTSenior Systems/SAN EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - ComplianceVIC
- CCPython Web Developer - DevOPS EnvironmentVIC
- CCSenior Product Specialist - Cisco CPENSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Online Gaming SystemsNSW
- CCJava Development Contract - MelbourneVIC
- CCOracle Developer - 3 month contractSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCImmediate iOS Developer RequiredNSW