Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Businesses are eyeing a transition to Microsoft Windows 7, and with a wealth of security features that are part of it, it's worth figuring out the good and bad about each of them, says Gartner analyst Neil MacDonald, who notes in some cases, third-pa...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- Huawei beats Samsung and all Android rivals on security patching
- Installing Windows 10: What to do when there’s not enough storage space
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst/Data Analyst Capability ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCSAP Portal DeveloperVIC
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSystems Administrator with developer skills | Defence intelligence | NV2 clearedACT
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTOracle Fusion Implementation ConsultantNSW
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCService Desk AnaystNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- FTSAP Solution Architect- Data Migration to SAP HR, payrollNSW
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT