Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella follows Apple’s Tim Cook to India
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- US Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Developer - .Net, MVC, C#NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, ReportingNSW
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- CCProject Manager/Iteration ManagerVIC
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCChange Manager- ProcurementNSW
- FTTechnical Specialist EmailACT
- FTInfrastructure Specialist VMwareNSW
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- FTAX Lead Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- CCSkilled Sitecore / .NET DeveloperNSW
- CCTechnical Digital Producer / Requirements EngineerNSW
- CCMultiple Oracle Fusion SOA/BPEL Developer OpportunitiesVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- CCSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTJunior Web Developer | CBD | Digital AgencyVIC
- CCTechnical PM - Magento E-Commerce SolutionNSW
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst - NV1VIC
- FTDynamics Project ManagerNSW
- CCMultiple .Net DevelopersNSW