Despite the significant Java security improvements made by Oracle during the past six months, Java vulnerabilities continue to represent a major security risk for organizations because most of them have outdated versions of the software installed on ...
The attacks discovered last week that exploited a previously unknown Java vulnerability were likely launched by the same attackers that previously targeted security firm Bit9 and its customers, according to researchers from antivirus vendor Symantec.
Bit9 said a common Web application vulnerability was responsible for allowing hackers to ironically use the security vendor's systems as a launch pad for attacks on other organizations.
Security vendor Bit9 promised to release limited details of a hack caused by a failure of the company to install the same security software on its own network that it sells to a handful of Fortune 500 companies.
According to a new report from Bit9 - a security vendor with a focus on defending against advanced persistent threats (APT) - there is a one in four chance that downloading an Android app from the official Google Play market could put you at risk. Bi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go', are all our jobs next?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCService EngineerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Lead ITIL- Permanent OpportunityVIC
- FTUX Front-End DeveloperWA
- FTIT Security Governance ManagerNSW
- CCWintel Engineer with Sharepoint 2010 / 2013NSW
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTOracle System Integration Engineer - CANBERRASA
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence AnalystVIC
- CCJava Developer - Front/ Back EndVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- CCDesktop Applications PackagerSA
- CCDesktop Support L1, 2 & 3NSW
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTTechnical Lead (Java)NSW
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- FTProject Manager | Permanent position | NV1 NV2 cleared | Defence | Great cultureACT
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- FTPHP ProgrammerSA
- CCHybris Developer - Global ConsultancyNSW
- CCMultiple Senior Business Analyst opportunitiesSA
- FTManager, Portfolio GovernanceNSW