The newly appointed head of the Bitcoin Foundation, a group that promotes development of the digital currency, believes crowdfunding is one part of the solution for its troubled finances.
The Bitcoin Foundation, formed in 2012 to promote the virtual currency, has rejected claims by a board member that it's bankrupt but has acknowledged significant financial problems -- ironically as a result of a big drop in the value of its bitcoin h...
The Bitcoin Foundation, an organization that promotes development of bitcoin, is "effectively bankrupt" and has shed most of its staff, a member of the foundation's board of directors has said.
Bitcoin's popularity is growing, but even its biggest backers say it has a mountain of problems to overcome in gathering wider appeal.
Flexcoin, a site that described itself as the "world's first bitcoin bank," has closed after it got hacked and all of the bitcoins it had placed in online storage were stolen, the site recently announced.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSystem Administration / Application Support | NV2 clearance neededACT
- FTDesktop SupportNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager, Technology Upgrade & RefreshNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCService DeskWA
- CCRemedy AdministratorNSW
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- FTOIM Specialist- Oracle Identity and Access Management 11Gr2NSW
- CCICT Transformation Project Manager- University, Education bckgNSW
- CCSenior Enterprise Architect - eCommerceVIC
- CCAEM DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, Loyalty projectsNSW
- CCChange Lead/Senior Change Analyst - Transformation projectNSW
- CCSenior Frontend DeveloperNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperSA
- CCJava Developer- 12 month contractNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End DeveloperVIC
- CCWebOps EngineerVIC
- CCData AnalystVIC
- CCSAP BASIS ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Digital/Financial ServicesNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCMS Biz Talk ConsultantNSW