The newly appointed head of the Bitcoin Foundation, a group that promotes development of the digital currency, believes crowdfunding is one part of the solution for its troubled finances.
The Bitcoin Foundation, formed in 2012 to promote the virtual currency, has rejected claims by a board member that it's bankrupt but has acknowledged significant financial problems -- ironically as a result of a big drop in the value of its bitcoin h...
The Bitcoin Foundation, an organization that promotes development of bitcoin, is "effectively bankrupt" and has shed most of its staff, a member of the foundation's board of directors has said.
Bitcoin's popularity is growing, but even its biggest backers say it has a mountain of problems to overcome in gathering wider appeal.
Flexcoin, a site that described itself as the "world's first bitcoin bank," has closed after it got hacked and all of the bitcoins it had placed in online storage were stolen, the site recently announced.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Personal data of 550,000 Red Cross blood donors was breached
- Yet another Apple dongle: Apple Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) to Thunderbolt 2 Adapter now available
- Meet Apple’s complete MacBook lineup
- 7 technologies killed in Apple's new MacBook Pro
- Here’s how Photoshop will work with the new MacBook Pro Touch Bar
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCDigital Project ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint / Office365 DeveloperVIC
- CCData Centre EngineerNSW
- TPTest AnalystQLD
- CCDigital Producer - 3 Month Contract Immediate Start!NSW
- TPSenior Software EngineerQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- CCTechnology Training ManagerNSW
- FTCRM Business Process AnalystVIC
- CCSr. Solutions Architect- Agile, (Transformation or Relocation )NSW
- FTTechnical Support OfficerWA
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW
- FTTechnical Service Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantNSW
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Technical ArchitectVIC
- CCDigital Marketing StrategistVIC
- CCSenior Change AnalystNSW
- FT.NET DEVELOPER | MID LEVEL | MEDIA INDUSTRYNSW
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSecurity Data ScientistVIC