This year businesses will move from talking about the potential of distributed ledger technology inspired by Bitcoin’s blockchain to actually implementing and testing it, the Australian Securities and Investments Commission’s chairperson, Greg Medcra...
Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
On July 9, Bitcoin block reward halving will begin. This means that the rate new bitcoins are created will be permanently reduced by 50 per cent. The folks at Coin Journal have explained what this means in the Infographic below.
China's Tianhe-2 supercomputer has just been overtaken as the world's fastest by another Chinese computer, the Sunway TaihuLight, capable of 93 million billion floating-point operations per second.
For all its apparent complexity and ambiguity, blockchain is currently the most advanced tool for solving certain global problems of safety, authenticity, privacy, accessibility and security of artifacts and transactions.
Blockchain technology is not just useful for creating digital currencies such as Bitcoin or developing new financial technologies.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
Yeah, Wright. After publicly claiming he was the elusive Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, Craig Wright suddenly says he can't handle the pressure to provide further proof.
The federal government has said it will implement the majority of the recommendations of a Senate committee report that called for major changes to the treatment of bitcoin and similar digital currencies.
The CSIRO’s Data61 will lead a review into the potential of technology based on blockchain, the distributed ledger that underpins bitcoin-style digital currencies.
Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright is bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, he claimed on his personal blog and in media interviews on Monday. Within hours, skeptics were pointing to flaws in his claims.
A government review of the federal anti-money-laundering regime has concluded that the use of digital currencies such as bitcoin to evade monetary controls poses a “significant” risk.
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
Talk of blockchain technology is everywhere, it seems -- but what is it, and what does it do?
Four weeks: That's how long Swedish bitcoin mining company KnCMiner takes to build a new datacenter, from breaking ground to beginning operations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 3 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 4 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- 5 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- There's now a tool to test for NSA spyware
- Logitech's G410 mechanical keyboard is $60 today
- Leaked Microsoft document confirms Windows 10 Cloud and a Chromebook competitor
- Phishing attacks using internationalized domains are hard to block
- Users' orders: Make it easier to build hybrid clouds
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCVDI EngineerACT
- TPBusiness Intelligence DeveloperSA
- CCSenior IT Project ManagerNSW
- CCOIM-IAM Environment ManagerVIC
- FTPMO CoordinatorACT
- FTSalesforce Project LeadQLD
- FTWintel EngineerNSW
- FTSCOM Monitoring and Alerting SpecialistNSW
- FTChief Architect - Public SectorACT
- CCSoftware ManagerVIC
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- FTSecurity AnalystACT
- CCPlatform Engineer - DevOpsVIC
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- FTProject Manager - Multiple rolesQLD
- CCPerl Developer l Port Macquarie or QueanbeyanNSW
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTPMO LeadNSW
- FTSenior Java DeveloperVIC
- FTFront-end Developer (UX/UI)NSW
- TPPMO Lead - Large Government Dept - 12 Month ContractQLD
- FTSenior / Lead iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTBusiness Process AnalystWA
- TPRegional Level 2/3 Desktop Support AnalystVIC