Thousands of publicly accessible FTP servers, including many Seagate network-attached storage devices, are being used by criminals to malware that mines cryptocurrency.
On July 9, Bitcoin block reward halving will begin. This means that the rate new bitcoins are created will be permanently reduced by 50 per cent. The folks at Coin Journal have explained what this means in the Infographic below.
China's Tianhe-2 supercomputer has just been overtaken as the world's fastest by another Chinese computer, the Sunway TaihuLight, capable of 93 million billion floating-point operations per second.
For all its apparent complexity and ambiguity, blockchain is currently the most advanced tool for solving certain global problems of safety, authenticity, privacy, accessibility and security of artifacts and transactions.
Blockchain technology is not just useful for creating digital currencies such as Bitcoin or developing new financial technologies.
We’re all used to hype, and we can forgive genuine enthusiasm for shiny new technologies, but many of the claims being made for blockchain are just beyond the pale, writes Steve Wilson of Constellation Research.
Yeah, Wright. After publicly claiming he was the elusive Bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, Craig Wright suddenly says he can't handle the pressure to provide further proof.
The federal government has said it will implement the majority of the recommendations of a Senate committee report that called for major changes to the treatment of bitcoin and similar digital currencies.
The CSIRO’s Data61 will lead a review into the potential of technology based on blockchain, the distributed ledger that underpins bitcoin-style digital currencies.
Australian entrepreneur Craig Wright is bitcoin creator Satoshi Nakamoto, he claimed on his personal blog and in media interviews on Monday. Within hours, skeptics were pointing to flaws in his claims.
A government review of the federal anti-money-laundering regime has concluded that the use of digital currencies such as bitcoin to evade monetary controls poses a “significant” risk.
There's some confusion around what the Bitcoin blockchain can and can't do. Gartner analysts list 7 common myths about Bitcoin blockchain technology.
Talk of blockchain technology is everywhere, it seems -- but what is it, and what does it do?
Four weeks: That's how long Swedish bitcoin mining company KnCMiner takes to build a new datacenter, from breaking ground to beginning operations.
Some people who use uTorrent, the popular BitTorrent client, are up in arms over the presence of cryptocurrency mining software on their computers which they say was installed without their permission.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
- Intel asserts its trademark rights against John McAfee
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Siebel DeveloperACT
- CCProgress DeveloperQLD
- CCHead of Digital (Technology Manager - Digital Transformations)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- CCChange Manager - Telco projectsNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Web) 161011/AP/145Asia
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTSolutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Security EngineerNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - MS Dynamics AXQLD
- FTMobile Delivery Manager / Studio LeadNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- FTIntegration Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CC.Net Sitecore DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- FTSenior Architect, Markets and ProductsNSW
- CCManager of Pricing and AnalyticsVIC
- FTSenior .Net Software EngineerVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerNSW
- CCSAP Finance Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Margin ProjectsNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - PIMAsia
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW