Microsoft has toughened its criteria for classifying programs as adware and gave developers three months to conform with the new principles or risk having their programs blocked by the company's security products.
Tesla Motors accounts are protected only by simple passwords, making it easy for hackers to potentially track and unlock cars, according to a security researcher.
A new commercial tool designed to allow cybercriminals to easily transform legitimate Android applications into malicious software has hit the underground market, paving the way for cheap and easy development of sophisticated Android malware.
Tumblr now allows users to encrypt their connections with the microblogging service, but the feature is only offered as an option for now.
Over the past several months security researchers have found serious vulnerabilities in many mobile advertising libraries that could be exploited to abuse the permissions of Android apps or to execute unauthorized code on users' devices. The risks re...
A team of malware developers is preparing to sell a new ransomware program that encrypts files on infected computers and asks victims for money to recover them, according to a volunteer group of security researchers who tracked the development of the...
A third-party advertising framework integrated in hundreds of Android apps contains a vulnerability that could allow hackers to steal sensitive information from users' phones, according to security researchers from antivirus firm Bitdefender.
Yahoo will start encrypting the webmail sessions of its users in early 2014 by making HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) standard for all Yahoo Mail connections.
Although the number of malicious browser extensions has significantly increased in the past year many security products fail to offer adequate protection against them, while others are simply not designed to do so, according to a security researcher.
Android malware is following in the footsteps of Windows malware with attackers adopting some of the same distribution and monetization techniques despite the major differences between the platforms.
Mobile ad networks can provide a loophole to serve malware to Android devices, according to researchers from security firm Palo Alto Networks who have found new Android threats being distributed in this manner.
A feature that allows Android users to authenticate themselves on Google websites without having to enter their account password can be abused by rogue apps to give attackers access to Google accounts, a security researcher has revealed.
Bitdefender has released a Windows application designed to help users secure sensitive Web-browsing sessions, especially when they shop or bank online. The application is called Safepay and a free version is available to home users.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) reportedly intercepted the electronic communications of foreign politicians during G20 meetings that took place in London in 2009.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- Obama's cybersecurity plan faces uncertainty with Trump
- HP shutting down default FTP, Telnet access to network printers
- AWS wants to dominate beyond the public cloud with Lambda updates
- After warehouse staff, Amazon to replace store clerks with robots
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- FTJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTEnterprise ArchitectACT
- FTJava Full Stack DeveloerQLD
- CCService SupportACT
- CCSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerVIC
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCPowerOn Mobile SpecialistWA
- FTStorage EngineerSA
- TPSHAREPOINT SPECIALISTQLD
- CCSenior Networks EngineerVIC
- FTIT Systems AnalystVIC
- CCManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTSAP HR/Payroll Training Manager / Instructional DesignerNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerSA
- CCTechnical Solutions Architect - CloudNSW
- CCDevelopment Manager / Engineering Manager - Canberra RoleNSW
- TPSharePoint Designer / DeveloperQLD
- CCDesktop Support EngineerNSW
- CCProject Manager - ProcurementNSW
- CCSenior Software EngineerACT
- CCJava Developer/ Web DesginerNSW