Microsoft has toughened its criteria for classifying programs as adware and gave developers three months to conform with the new principles or risk having their programs blocked by the company's security products.
Tesla Motors accounts are protected only by simple passwords, making it easy for hackers to potentially track and unlock cars, according to a security researcher.
A new commercial tool designed to allow cybercriminals to easily transform legitimate Android applications into malicious software has hit the underground market, paving the way for cheap and easy development of sophisticated Android malware.
Tumblr now allows users to encrypt their connections with the microblogging service, but the feature is only offered as an option for now.
Over the past several months security researchers have found serious vulnerabilities in many mobile advertising libraries that could be exploited to abuse the permissions of Android apps or to execute unauthorized code on users' devices. The risks re...
A team of malware developers is preparing to sell a new ransomware program that encrypts files on infected computers and asks victims for money to recover them, according to a volunteer group of security researchers who tracked the development of the...
A third-party advertising framework integrated in hundreds of Android apps contains a vulnerability that could allow hackers to steal sensitive information from users' phones, according to security researchers from antivirus firm Bitdefender.
Yahoo will start encrypting the webmail sessions of its users in early 2014 by making HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure) standard for all Yahoo Mail connections.
Although the number of malicious browser extensions has significantly increased in the past year many security products fail to offer adequate protection against them, while others are simply not designed to do so, according to a security researcher.
Android malware is following in the footsteps of Windows malware with attackers adopting some of the same distribution and monetization techniques despite the major differences between the platforms.
Mobile ad networks can provide a loophole to serve malware to Android devices, according to researchers from security firm Palo Alto Networks who have found new Android threats being distributed in this manner.
A feature that allows Android users to authenticate themselves on Google websites without having to enter their account password can be abused by rogue apps to give attackers access to Google accounts, a security researcher has revealed.
Bitdefender has released a Windows application designed to help users secure sensitive Web-browsing sessions, especially when they shop or bank online. The application is called Safepay and a free version is available to home users.
LinkedIn's domain name was temporarily redirected to a third-party server Thursday, which resulted in a service outage and potentially put user accounts at risk of compromise.
British intelligence agency Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) reportedly intercepted the electronic communications of foreign politicians during G20 meetings that took place in London in 2009.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This mobile Trojan from China fills your phone with porn apps
- Eyefi leaves some card owners stranded, highlighting IoT hazards
- DNC hacker Guccifer 2.0 denies Russian links and mocks security firms
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCJunior PM/ConsultantACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- FTContent Manager - Migration projectNSW
- CCSharePoint DeveloperSA
- FTSystems AnalystVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- FTSenior Network Engineer JUNIPERNSW
- FTDatabase DeveloperACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- CCLinux Systems AdministratorVIC
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCNetwork EngineerACT
- CCSystems Trainer - Networking/ RadioVIC
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Service Desk AnalystNSW
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- FTContinuous delivery application deployment automation specialist (DevOps)NSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTJunior Web DeveloperSA
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW