Bitstamp resumed operations Friday after an attack earlier in the week resulted in the loss of 19,000 bitcoins and forced the exchange to close.
Attackers made off with approximately US$5 million worth of bitcoins after hacking the Bitstamp exchange over the weekend.
The tech industry's center of gravity is still at CES in Las Vegas, where the annual consumer electronics extravaganza officially opens its doors Tuesday.
Canadian Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi is shutting down next month in the latest bad news to hit the cryptocurrency.
Bitstamp reassured customers that their bitcoins are safe after a weekend hack forced the exchange to shut down on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - Healthcare industryVIC
- FTService Delivery Coordinator - ApplicationsNSW
- CCProgrammer (IT Security/Website Administration) 160711/P/565Asia
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCRuby on Rails DeveloperNSW
- FTIT Support Analyst (Renewal Contract)Asia
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCProject ManagerQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSecurity Engineer - SUMO focusNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCIT Change Manager - Western SydneyNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer (.Net / Angular / Bootstrap)NSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160704/AP/601Asia
- CCProject Manager (Omni-Channel)VIC
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCAgile Product Manager/ UX, Web, Digital Project ManagerNSW