Bitstamp resumed operations Friday after an attack earlier in the week resulted in the loss of 19,000 bitcoins and forced the exchange to close.
Attackers made off with approximately US$5 million worth of bitcoins after hacking the Bitstamp exchange over the weekend.
The tech industry's center of gravity is still at CES in Las Vegas, where the annual consumer electronics extravaganza officially opens its doors Tuesday.
Canadian Bitcoin exchange Vault of Satoshi is shutting down next month in the latest bad news to hit the cryptocurrency.
Bitstamp reassured customers that their bitcoins are safe after a weekend hack forced the exchange to shut down on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Synology DiskStation DS215j NAS device
- 2 Fitbit Charge wireless activity tracker
- 3 HP Stream 11 laptop
- 4 B&O BeoPlay A2 portable Bluetooth speaker
- 5 Acer Chromebook 11 (CB3-111)
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon Ultrabook (2105 model)
- Facebook reports strong Q4 as mobile ad sales keep growing
- Cyberthreat sharing must include strong privacy protections, advocates say
- IBM's SoftLayer chief departs amid Cloud transition
- OneDrive adds 'Albums,' will soon add automatic photo import from PC
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.