Every year, open-source software "eats" more of the business world.
Black Duck Software
Black Duck Software has revamped its software code engine so that it indexes more quickly and filters the results, the company announced Wednesday.
If Black Duck Software's knowledge base of open source software projects serves as a barometer, then Google's Android software platform led the way in open source software development projects for mobile devices last year, followed by Apple's iOS pla...
Name: Ken Goldman
Open source software management provider Black Duck Software said Monday it has made its third acquisition in recent months and fourth overall, scooping up consulting firm Olliance Group for an undisclosed sum.
Contributing to open-source projects can give software developers an edge over other applicants in the competitive IT job market, say hiring professionals.
College graduates receiving their diplomas this year were teenagers when the first iPhone debuted and Facebook allowed anyone to create a profile. As this tech-saturated generation enters the IT workforce their familiarity with technology -- especial...
One of the most exciting things about open-source software is the sheer diversity of projects that are always under way. Aiming to recognize some of the most promising of those projects, Black Duck Software on Friday announced its 2010 open-source "R...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Asus unveils Zenbo, a cute robot for the home priced at $599
- Australia lagging decades behind in cyber security efforts: ACCS
- Google's Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) speed up web browsing for users
- Iran orders messaging apps to store data of local users in the country
- Staring at your phone? The next ARM chips are just for you
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCInfrastructure Deployment ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCICT Contracts and Procurement SpecialistACT
- CCPHP / Magento E-Commerce DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle DBA | 3-6mth ContractVIC
- FTIT Support - Level 1NSW
- FTLinux Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCProject ManagerACT
- CCProject Manager / Delivery Manager - TelcoNSW
- CCIT Environment and Deployment SpecialistQLD
- FTHadoop Operation EngineerNSW
- CCOracle Application Administrator - July startACT
- CCiOS Developer x 2NSW
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCIT Security Consultant -NSW
- FTAgile Implementation LeadNSW
- CCSenior Automation & Performance EngineerVIC
- FTSecurity Software EngineerACT
- FTManaging Security ConsultantQLD
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTDelivery Lead- AWSNSW
- FTBusiness Systems Architect - Technical LeadershipWA
- CCNV1 Consultant | Groundbreaking Defence decision support applicationACT