Every year, open-source software "eats" more of the business world.
Black Duck Software has revamped its software code engine so that it indexes more quickly and filters the results, the company announced Wednesday.
If Black Duck Software's knowledge base of open source software projects serves as a barometer, then Google's Android software platform led the way in open source software development projects for mobile devices last year, followed by Apple's iOS pla...
Name: Ken Goldman
Open source software management provider Black Duck Software said Monday it has made its third acquisition in recent months and fourth overall, scooping up consulting firm Olliance Group for an undisclosed sum.
Black Duck Software announced Tuesday it is acquiring the assets of application development toolmaker SpikeSource. Terms were not disclosed.
Black Duck Software on Tuesday is announcing its acquisition of Ohloh.net, which features a free public directory of open source software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Facebook's Year in Review for 2016 isn't just fun and games
- Cyberspies stole secrets from industrial giant ThyssenKrupp
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPSenior Project AnalystNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- FTEnterprise Architect - BusinessQLD
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystQLD
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTSenior Project CoordinatorNSW
- FTTechnology Portfolio - Investment AnalystACT
- FTTest AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTIT Software Asset Management CoordinatorWA
- CCTraining Manager - SAP HR/ PayrollNSW
- CCEOI - Performance TesterWA
- FTSenior Software EngineerWA
- CCSenior Performance Test AnalystOther
- CCAPI DeveloperOther
- CCProject Manager - Scrum MasterNSW
- FTEnd Point Security AdministratorACT
- CCAgile TesterNSW
- CCIT Project ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Manager, Data and InformationQLD
- FTService Lifecycle Management RepresentativeVIC