The new Diameter protocol that LTE mobile networks use to communicate with each other can still be abused to launch attacks against users if operators don't take additional security measures, researchers showed.
Researchers have devised a new malware attack against industrial programmable logic controllers (PLCs) that takes advantage of architectural shortcomings in microprocessors and bypasses current detection mechanisms.
Thousands of mobile applications use cloud-based, back-end services in an insecure way, allowing anyone to access millions of sensitive records created by users, according to a recent study.
A researcher disclosed a trivial Windows authentication bypass that puts data on BitLocker-encrypted laptops at risk.
Some of the most popular continuous integration tools used by software development teams have not been designed with security in mind and can open a door for attackers to compromise enterprise networks.
Two researchers demonstrated attacks against self-encrypting drives used in enterprise environments at the Black Hat Europe conference in Amsterdam.
Users of Origin, the game distribution platform of Electronic Arts (EA), are vulnerable to remote code execution attacks through origin:// URLs, according to two security researchers.
The vast majority of 3G and 4G USB modems handed out by mobile operators to their customers are manufactured by a handful of companies and run insecure software, according to two security researchers from Russia.
Hackers can influence real-time traffic-flow-analysis systems to make people drive into traffic jams or to keep roads clear in areas where a lot of people use Google or Waze navigation systems, a German researcher demonstrated at BlackHat Europe.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
Enterprises that use mobile device management (MDM) systems to protect their corporate data on employees' mobile phones are not safe from attacks from spyphones, researchers warned at BlackHat Europe on Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
- Georgia says it's traced an attempted voter hack to DHS
- How the Internet of Things is putting us at risk
- AMD packs more horsepower into GPUs with new Radeon ReLive software
- Cortana for iOS, Android now features quick access to common actions
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- CCOnsite Level 2 Desktop SupportNSW
- FTSenior Security and Risk ConsultantNSW
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerNSW
- FTService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSystems AdministratorVIC
- CCSiebel Developers x 8ACT
- TPSenior PMO AnalystNSW
- FTSenior Technical LeadNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCSecurity Architect Finance Contract Sydney CBDNSW
- FTGraduate DeveloperNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst-Shared Service Contact Centre or Call CentreNSW
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- TPSenior Business AnalystQLD
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- FTSecurity Sales SpecialistVIC
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCLotus Notes DeveloperNSW
- CCChange & Release AdministratorNSW
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- CCHadoop DeveloperVIC
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC