Thousands of mobile applications use cloud-based, back-end services in an insecure way, allowing anyone to access millions of sensitive records created by users, according to a recent study.
A researcher disclosed a trivial Windows authentication bypass that puts data on BitLocker-encrypted laptops at risk.
Some of the most popular continuous integration tools used by software development teams have not been designed with security in mind and can open a door for attackers to compromise enterprise networks.
Two researchers demonstrated attacks against self-encrypting drives used in enterprise environments at the Black Hat Europe conference in Amsterdam.
Users of Origin, the game distribution platform of Electronic Arts (EA), are vulnerable to remote code execution attacks through origin:// URLs, according to two security researchers.
The vast majority of 3G and 4G USB modems handed out by mobile operators to their customers are manufactured by a handful of companies and run insecure software, according to two security researchers from Russia.
Hackers can influence real-time traffic-flow-analysis systems to make people drive into traffic jams or to keep roads clear in areas where a lot of people use Google or Waze navigation systems, a German researcher demonstrated at BlackHat Europe.
The majority of email and Web gateways, firewalls, remote access servers, UTM (united threat management) systems and other security appliances have serious vulnerabilities, according to a security researcher who analyzed products from multiple vendor...
Enterprises that use mobile device management (MDM) systems to protect their corporate data on employees' mobile phones are not safe from attacks from spyphones, researchers warned at BlackHat Europe on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- FTPega Operation Engineer - CEPNSW
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystQLD
- FTWeb DeveloperSA
- FTNetwork Engineer | Routing & switching | Design, implementation, L3 supportNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperACT
- CCTechnical Solutions Specialist - Software Developer (Client facing)NSW
- FTSystems EngineerACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160523/AP/568Asia
- CCService Provider Manager - DesktopVIC
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBPM / Java DeveloperNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCDigital Business Analyst (iOS & Android / Web Projects)NSW
- FTWeb & Mobile Solutions DeveloperNSW
- CCExcel DeveloperVIC
- CCSenior BA - Enterprise DataNSW
- CCCCB & MDM ConsultantNSW
- FTSenior Full-Stack .NET DeveloperVIC
- FTAgile CoachNSW
- CCMessaging Engineer - BAU SupportNSW
- CCOpen Source Specialist / Senior ConsultantQLD
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCContract Programmer (MS SQL Server/SQL/Web) 160518/P/626Asia