BlackBerry phone owners don't have much to brag about these days, but at least now they can talk to each other with free BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) voice calls over Wi-Fi.
Research In Motion has introduced the BlackBerry Dev Alpha C, a smartphone developers can use to test their applications and get ready for the launch of the BlackBerry 10 QWERTY device next year. The company also said developers will be able to trade...
The National Transportation Safety Board in the U.S. plans to drop the BlackBerry smartphone from Research In Motion for Apple's iPhone, citing performance issues.
A new beta version of BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) that allows users to make voice calls over Wi-Fi is now available for download, Research In Motion said Tuesday.
The first wave of devices running BlackBerry 10, Research In Motion's new smartphone operating system, have entered carrier certification labs around the world, according to the company.
The year 2012 promises to be an interesting one for BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM). The Canadian company has come upon some tough times lately. And despite a number of key product releases and enhancements, things will only get worse befor...
Research In Motion has rebranded its next generation mobile platform as BlackBerry 10, after its use of the BBX brand ran into a trademark dispute in the U.S.
Organizations and regulators across Europe, including Germany, have started looking into the use of Carrier IQ's tracking software, to ensure that mobile phone vendors and operators are not violating users' privacy.
App developers are rapidly losing interest in RIM's BlackBerry platform and setting their sights on the new big three, Apple, Android and Windows 7, a survey has found.
Samsung became the biggest smartphone vendor in the world during the third quarter, and Android's market share has surpassed 50 percent for the first time, market research company Gartner said on Tuesday as it reported on phone sales to end-users.
Following last week's major service disruptions, Research in Motion (RIM) is offering free applications and support as compensation, the company said on Monday.
Strong results for tech companies, especially Google, and an easing of concerns about the economy boosted confidence in the computer sector, as markets closed Friday on a positive note.
Research In Motion (RIM) has announced Tag, a feature that will allow users of some BlackBerry phones to share contact information, documents and multimedia content by tapping their BlackBerry smartphones together, the company said on Sunday.
Google's Android mobile operating system is still steadily expanding its share of the U.S. smartphone market, as industry watcher Nielsen reports that 43% of American smartphone subscribers use Android-based devices.
Appcelerator, whose Titanium platform is used to develop cross-platform apps for smartphones and tablets, has opened Open Mobile Marketplace, a store where developers can download modules to expand the functionality of Titanium and more easily add fe...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSAP HR Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCEnterprise ArchitectNSW
- FTJava or Ruby Web DeveloperVIC
- CCApplication Project ManagerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Operational TechnologyQLD
- CCApplication Support AnalystNSW
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV1 NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- FTPrincipal Business Analyst (SQL/SAS)NSW
- CCIT Service Desk (32 hour week)WA
- CCSenior Change Analyst - Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCTechnical Tester - AutomationVIC
- FTInsight / Customer / modelling - Analyst (Data Scientist)NSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTHelpdesk support - Level 1VIC
- CCOpen_5pm 5th February_Program ArchitectACT
- CCBusiness Project Manager - Transformation ProgramNSW
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSenior Android DeveloperNSW
- CCDigital ProducerNSW
- CCSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTUI DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - Cloud / Telecommunications (Melb CBD)VIC