Mobile phone sales floundered during the second quarter, in the wake of the earthquake in Japan. But smartphone sales continued to grow, as Android extended its lead in the operating system race, according to market research company Gartner.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) this morning took the wraps off of three brand new BlackBerry smartphones, which, along with the upcoming Bold 9900/9930 devices, make up the bulk of the Canadian company's upcoming 2011 smartphone portfolio.
As hard as it may be to believe, it was just over two years ago that Research in Motion was still considered one of the premiere innovators of the smartphone industry.
Research in Motion, which has been losing ground to Apple, Google and even Microsoft in the mobile market, announced Monday it is cutting 2,000 jobs, or about 11 per cent of its workforce.
Research in Motion will lay off 2,000 staff, or a little more than 10 percent of its workforce, and make changes to its senior management team, it announced Monday. Chief Operating Officer for Blackberry, Don Morrison, will retire, but Co-CEOs Jim Ba...
Research in Motion says its two-year-old BlackBerry App World has crossed the 1 billion app download mark and that a beta version of the app store upgrade is on the way.
Research In Motion's board of directors has agreed to form an independent committee to study aspects of the company's management structure, including clarifying the roles of RIM's controversial co-CEOs.
Research in Motion hasn't exactly had the best year so far.
Research In Motion missed analysts' lowered revenue forecasts for its fiscal first quarter and said its outlook for the second quarter was lower than expected, as it reported its first-quarter results Thursday.
Research In Motion's (RIM) BlackBerry smartphone OS is known for security, and that's for good reason. RIM designed the mobile OS with security in mind from the start, and it shows; the BlackBerry OS offers a number of ways for smartphone owners and ...
With the unveiling of its iCloud service today, Apple is hoping you’ll like the new MobileMe.
Android has further consolidated its status as the leading global smartphone operating system, according to data released by both Gartner and the Millennial Media mobile ad network.
Android became the most popular smartphone operating system worldwide in the first quarter of 2011, while Apple saw its share of the market grow, according to a report Gartner issued Thursday on sales of mobile phones to end users.
How do you solve a problem like Apple and Google?
The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Google rebrands Apps for Work as G Suite, adds intelligent features
- Bounty for iOS jailbreak exploit jumps to $1.5 million
- Researchers make progress toward computer video recognition
- US carriers will look to LTE-U tests to protect Wi-Fi
- Google will shore up one of its biggest cloud weaknesses next year
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCService Desk analystSA
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- FTCertification and Accreditation Security ConsultantACT
- FTMDM EngineerNSW
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCE-Commerce - Senior Web DeveloperNSW