One of Research in Motion's biggest challenges in a world of the iPhone and Android has been how to keep its products fun and fresh while maintaining the high level of security its corporate users have come to rely on.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) and software giant Microsoft on Tuesday announced a new pact under which the two companies will partner to offer a variety of Bing related services to BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook tablet users. Bing is ...
Research In Motion (RIM) showed off the upcoming native e-mail and personal information management (PIM) apps for its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet for the first time this morning, including calendar and contacts, at its annual BlackBerry World Conferen...
RIM's latest smartphone is something of a throwback to earlier days when smaller screens and full qwerty keyboards were all the rage.
I just got my sweaty hands on a RIM BlackBerry PlayBook. This is my first pass at analyzing the product and ... well, we'll get to conclusions later.
This morning, Research In Motion (RIM) officially announced its latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, at its annual BlackBerry World Conference in Orlando.
Research in Motion's having a rough couple of weeks. First, the Blackberry Playbook got panned by critics, snubbed by AT&T and dissed by Verizon Wireless. Now, RIM is angering Wall Street by slashing its Q1 forecast, thanks to weak smartphone sal...
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The BlackBerry servers enterprises have installed in their data centers won't be able to connect to the Exchange Online portion of Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service, but RIM plans to have a cloud-based BlackBerry email service move into beta once ...
Some BlackBerry PlayBook tablets that Research in Motion released last Tuesday are suddenly failing to restart. Some even simply stop working while in use and do not restart. InfoWorld.com experienced this issue with its own review unit after three d...
The availability of the iPhone on Verizon and AT&T's discount on the iPhone 3GS kept Android at bay in the enterprise, at least for customers of Good Technology.
In the long-ago days of last September, we wrote about four things that Research in Motion had gotten right in its initial public relations blitz for its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, which ships April 19 starting at $499.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) is known for a lot of things in the smartphone space: proven mobile security; solid hardware; top-of-the-line wireless antennas; and industry-best battery life, just to name a few.
According to figures released today by ABI Research, Android will be on 45 per cent of smartphones shipped in the year 2016, as it will take up most of the market share vacated by the soon-to-be-defunct Symbian operating system. Although Android will...
Microsoft is recognizing enterprise realities with its new accommodations for rivals' smartphones in an upcoming version of System Center Configuration Manager, an industry analyst said on Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- FTSenior IoT / M2M .Net DeveloperVIC
- FTPMO SpecialistACT
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/MySQL) 160823/AP/172Asia
- CCService Desk Consultant_Level 1ACT
- CCContract Systems Analyst (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/SA/812Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160826/AP/972Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Crystal Report/JAVA) 160816/AP/vhsAsia
- CCBackfill Support Engineer (Renewable 12-month Contract)Asia
- CCSharepoint ArchitectACT
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTSAP BASIS HANA ConsultantNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Internet/ Intranet) 160902/SA/222Asia
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCTechnical Support - iPAD, iPhone, Apple devicesNSW
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCSenior Server and Storage Support EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCMurex Developers x 2NSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW