The news that iPhones, iPads and Android devices secretly track the locations of their owners poses a potentially serious dilemma for IT staffs. If someone's manager asks IT to retrieve that data and hand it over, what should IT do? We certainly have...
Although Research in Motion made its name by delivering secure corporate email, it has had to move quickly to adapt to the ever-shifting world of social networking.
One of Research in Motion's biggest challenges in a world of the iPhone and Android has been how to keep its products fun and fresh while maintaining the high level of security its corporate users have come to rely on.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) and software giant Microsoft on Tuesday announced a new pact under which the two companies will partner to offer a variety of Bing related services to BlackBerry smartphone and PlayBook tablet users. Bing is ...
Research In Motion (RIM) showed off the upcoming native e-mail and personal information management (PIM) apps for its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet for the first time this morning, including calendar and contacts, at its annual BlackBerry World Conferen...
RIM's latest smartphone is something of a throwback to earlier days when smaller screens and full qwerty keyboards were all the rage.
I just got my sweaty hands on a RIM BlackBerry PlayBook. This is my first pass at analyzing the product and ... well, we'll get to conclusions later.
This morning, Research In Motion (RIM) officially announced its latest smartphone, the BlackBerry Bold 9900/9930, at its annual BlackBerry World Conference in Orlando.
Research in Motion's having a rough couple of weeks. First, the Blackberry Playbook got panned by critics, snubbed by AT&T and dissed by Verizon Wireless. Now, RIM is angering Wall Street by slashing its Q1 forecast, thanks to weak smartphone sal...
Research in Motion moved to boost its mobile devices' calendar capabilities by buying Tungle, an enterprise scheduling application developer, for an undisclosed sum.
The BlackBerry servers enterprises have installed in their data centers won't be able to connect to the Exchange Online portion of Microsoft's Office 365 cloud service, but RIM plans to have a cloud-based BlackBerry email service move into beta once ...
Some BlackBerry PlayBook tablets that Research in Motion released last Tuesday are suddenly failing to restart. Some even simply stop working while in use and do not restart. InfoWorld.com experienced this issue with its own review unit after three d...
The availability of the iPhone on Verizon and AT&T's discount on the iPhone 3GS kept Android at bay in the enterprise, at least for customers of Good Technology.
In the long-ago days of last September, we wrote about four things that Research in Motion had gotten right in its initial public relations blitz for its BlackBerry PlayBook tablet, which ships April 19 starting at $499.
BlackBerry-maker Research In Motion (RIM) is known for a lot of things in the smartphone space: proven mobile security; solid hardware; top-of-the-line wireless antennas; and industry-best battery life, just to name a few.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Apple offers views on automated car policy, but cagey about its plans
- Watch Dogs 2 review: A fresh, interesting rebirth that ditches the stale Ubisoft formula
- How to shoot a drone out of the sky
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- CCWintel Server SupportACT
- FT.Net DeveloperVIC
- CCHadoop DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 1/2 IT Service Desk OfficerQLD
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedQLD
- FTSoftware / Web Development ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDACT
- FTEnterprise Account ManagerQLD
- FTAPI DeveloperVIC
- FTDevOps/L2 Support EngineerVIC
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCSecurity Consultant (Perth CBD based)SA
- FTTelco TechnicianNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperVIC
- CCProject Management - Infrastructure projectsNSW
- CCWeb Optimisation AnalystWA
- TP.NET Developer (Sitecore)QLD
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- FTSAP BPC Consultant - MelbourneSA
- CCSenior Information Management SMENSW
- CCLinux Systems Infra and Network EngineerSA
- FTHead - Project Delivery / Project Delivery DirectorACT