The head of BlackBerry's enterprise services business is plotting an aggressive launch of a new version of the company's core enterprise server later this year as BlackBerry seeks to regain some of the ground it's lost over the last few years.
IBM-owned Fiberlink and BlackBerry are adding Windows Phone to the list of platforms they can manage and protect, as enterprise interest for the smartphone OS is increasing.
Leading tech vendors again urged European officials to protect them from patent trolls while creating a new pan-European patent system.
BlackBerry will launch a new version of its enterprise management server software later this year that the company hopes will strengthen its business with major corporations and help turn around its fortunes.
The first BlackBerry phone produced by China's Foxconn will debut in April in Indonesia, the CEO of the phone maker said Tuesday.
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Just when it appeared to be over, a public battle of words between senior executives at BlackBerry and T-Mobile USA has reignited.
Relations between BlackBerry and T-Mobile have turned frosty after a promotion last week saw T-Mobile BlackBerry users offered a cheap iPhone.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
The world's love affair with the smartphone continued unabated in 2013 with consumers snapping up more than 1 billion handsets during the year, according to an IDC estimate.
Typo Products, the start-up being sued by BlackBerry over an iPhone keyboard add-on, has come out swinging against a demand that its product be taken off sale in the U.S.
BlackBerry has asked a California court to block U.S. sales of the Typo keyboard, an add-on keyboard for the iPhone that BlackBerry says is an "obvious knock-off" of the keyboards on its phones.
BlackBerry, in an effort to protect one of its key designs, has filed a copyright infringement suit against a company co-founded by Ryan Seacrest that makes a keyboard case for the iPhone.
Tech stocks rose this week on the back of solid economic news and some upbeat results from software vendors, including Red Hat and Oracle.
BlackBerry's new CEO says he is "very interested" in trying to replicate some of the company's signature security and enterprise productivity on rival platforms.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCBI Reporting AnalystACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCSenior Change ManagerVIC
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- FTInfrastructure Solutions ArchitectACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTCustomer Solutions Engineer | Voice | Data | TelcoNSW
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- CCFull Stack Application Developer - IoT projectsVIC
- CCSolutions ArchitectACT
- CCContract Junior Programmer (J2EE/SQL) 160927/JP/551Asia