BlackBerry will launch a new version of its enterprise management server software later this year that the company hopes will strengthen its business with major corporations and help turn around its fortunes.
The first BlackBerry phone produced by China's Foxconn will debut in April in Indonesia, the CEO of the phone maker said Tuesday.
BlackBerry's mobile messaging service BBM will be available for Windows Phone and Nokia X users this summer, the company announced Monday during Mobile World Congress in Barcelona.
Just when it appeared to be over, a public battle of words between senior executives at BlackBerry and T-Mobile USA has reignited.
Relations between BlackBerry and T-Mobile have turned frosty after a promotion last week saw T-Mobile BlackBerry users offered a cheap iPhone.
The two most talked about smartphones ahead of this year's Mobile World Congress sit at opposites sides of the spectrum; the low-end Android-based Nokia X and Samsung Electronics' new flagship model, the Galaxy S5.
The world's love affair with the smartphone continued unabated in 2013 with consumers snapping up more than 1 billion handsets during the year, according to an IDC estimate.
Typo Products, the start-up being sued by BlackBerry over an iPhone keyboard add-on, has come out swinging against a demand that its product be taken off sale in the U.S.
BlackBerry has asked a California court to block U.S. sales of the Typo keyboard, an add-on keyboard for the iPhone that BlackBerry says is an "obvious knock-off" of the keyboards on its phones.
BlackBerry, in an effort to protect one of its key designs, has filed a copyright infringement suit against a company co-founded by Ryan Seacrest that makes a keyboard case for the iPhone.
Tech stocks rose this week on the back of solid economic news and some upbeat results from software vendors, including Red Hat and Oracle.
BlackBerry's new CEO says he is "very interested" in trying to replicate some of the company's signature security and enterprise productivity on rival platforms.
Blackberry is turning to Foxconn, the world's largest contract manufacturer of electronics, to jointly develop and produce some models of handset, the two companies said on Friday.
BlackBerry has upgraded its management platform Enterprise Server 10 (BES10) with more features for managing Android and iOS smartphones and has also improved scalability to lower overall costs.
BlackBerry is making it easier for Android applications to run on its latest smartphones.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- FTSoftware Services Team LeaderNSW
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC
- FTTechnical Support - ImplementationsVIC
- CCSalesforce Project ManagerQLD
- FTContract System SpecialistAsia
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTEnterprise Technology Platform ManagerVIC
- CCProgram CoordinatorNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer - C# FocusNSW
- CCInfrastructure ArchitectACT
- CCProduct Solution DesignerVIC
- CCSenior Project Delivery ManagerACT
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSoftware Biomedical Solutions ArchitectSA
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCSystem AnalystACT