A consortium led by Canada's Fairfax Financial Holdings has offered to acquire struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry.
BlackBerry has delayed the rollout of Android and iOS versions of its popular BlackBerry Messenger app, which was expected to be available for the additional platforms this weekend.
Very bad news for BlackBerry. The Canadian smartphone maker posted a $995 million operating loss for the second quarter and will cut 4500 jobs--over a third of its staff--in a bid to cut costs.
Enterprise tech companies including Oracle this week started reporting financial results that cover at least part of the third calendar quarter, and so far, the trends look mildly promising compared to last quarter.
BlackBerry lost close to $1 billion in the July to September quarter as users abandoned its once-dominant platform.
BlackBerry has confirmed that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) will be released for Android and iPhone this weekend. The firm will also launch a new smartphone next week, the Z30.
Announced last night, the BlackBerry Z30 is the latest smartphone from the once market-leading company, formerly known as Research In Motion (RIM). We had a brief hands-on with a preproduction version of the device in Auckland this morning.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
BlackBerry has just announced its biggest, most powerful phone yet, but despite that impressive-sounding blurb, the BlackBerry Z30 reeks of "too little, too late" and may just be the last handset ever released by the iconic company.
BlackBerry said it will continue to take steps to optimise its business, following a report that up to 40 per cent of its 12,700 employees will lose their jobs by year's end.
The U.S. National Security Agency is able to read messages sent via a corporate BlackBerry Enterprise Server (BES), according to a report by German news magazine Der Spiegel. The purpose of this spying is economic or political, and not to counter ter...
With the U.S. Labor Day holiday marking the unofficial end of summer on the markets, tech stocks got off to a fairly positive start in the new season as several major deals and the mobile phone market came under especially intense scrutiny.
Harvey Norman will be the first retailer in Australia to sell a white model of BlackBerry's Q10 smartphone from tomorrow, it has announced.
BlackBerry is taking steps to spin off its BlackBerry Messenger instant messaging software as a separate company, as it continues to explore a range of "strategic alternatives" after its new BlackBerry 10 smartphones have achieved only modest sales.
BlackBerry has launched the 9720 smartphone running the 7 OS in a bid to stay relevant in the growing low end of the smartphone market.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Apple's GPU supplier ditches CEO, seeks new strategy
- ASUS launches world’s first liquid-cooled gaming laptop
- JB Hi-Fi reaches $2bn revenue mark for 2016 half-year results
- Optus moves into wearables space with Cash by Optus
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSenior Unified Communications Consultant - National IT ServicesNSW
- CCITIL Release Manager - CBD SYDNEYNSW
- CCTechnical Integration Specialist - MicrosoftACT
- CCData Migration SpecialistQLD
- CCCitrix Systems EngineerNSW
- CCSystems AnalystQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (SQL/Oracle/.Net) 160129/AP/vhs-bAsia
- CCWeb Content WriterSA
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCContract System Analyst (Network & System Mgt.) 160205/SA/561Asia
- CCBusiness and Financial AnalystACT
- FTJunior Project Manager | Permanent role in Canberra | NV1/2 clearedACT
- CCUser Experience Designer - BaselineACT
- FTNetwork Systems LeadVIC
- FTProgram ManagerNSW
- CCData Stage DeveloperNSW
- CCLevel 2 Helpdesk, Service Support- Remedy or SAP backgroundNSW
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- CCProject ManagerACT
- FTNetwork Engineer | NV2 clearance | Defence projects | Immediate interviewACT
- CCService EngineerVIC
- FT.NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Lead - .NET TechnologiesNSW
- FTProject Manager / Scrum MasterNSW