Smartphone vendors have rekindled their infatuation with enterprises as the consumer segment fizzles; this week's exhibit is the launch of LG Electronics' Gate, which separates users' professional and private lives through virtualization.
A few months ago BlackBerry announced that its BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) was going to launch on both Android and iPhone. It still hasn't arrived so we've explained what happened to BBM on Android and iPhone.
BlackBerry has increased the amount it plans to spend on its ongoing cost-cutting program, and extended it by another three months, the company said in a filing with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission on Tuesday.
Shortly after obtaining a new iPhone 5S, CIO.com's Al Sacco, an unabashed BlackBerry user and Android loyalist, set out to find the best iOS apps that aren't available for other mobile platforms. He came with up these 15 must-have iPhone, iPad and iP...
BlackBerry has defended its ability to continue serving enterprise customers with smartphones and secure mobile management software, responding to a Gartner report recommending that its corporate clients stop using the Canadian vendor's products.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
Enterprises are increasingly interested in developing apps for Android-based smartphones and tablets, showing how Google's OS is becoming more accepted, according to a poll. At the same time fewer are willing to spend resources on Microsoft's OSes.
The creation of a pan-European patent system will help spread abusive patent litigation to Europe and could lead to E.U.-wide sales bans on products, leading tech vendors have claimed.
From industry darling to potential footnote, what happened to Blackberry?
BlackBerry's messenger app for Android and iPhone will not roll out this week as the company struggles to block an unreleased version of the Android app that affected its system.
A consortium led by Canada's Fairfax Financial Holdings has offered to acquire struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry.
BlackBerry has delayed the rollout of Android and iOS versions of its popular BlackBerry Messenger app, which was expected to be available for the additional platforms this weekend.
Very bad news for BlackBerry. The Canadian smartphone maker posted a $995 million operating loss for the second quarter and will cut 4500 jobs--over a third of its staff--in a bid to cut costs.
Enterprise tech companies including Oracle this week started reporting financial results that cover at least part of the third calendar quarter, and so far, the trends look mildly promising compared to last quarter.
BlackBerry lost close to $1 billion in the July to September quarter as users abandoned its once-dominant platform.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
- Huawei, Google supercharge Android with new Raspberry Pi-like board
- See Sedric drive: Volkswagen shows off first autonomous concept car
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTOracle E-Business Technical ConsultantVIC
- CCDelivery Project ManagerVIC
- FTTester AnalystACT
- FTICT Program Manager- Transformation - Gov backgroundNSW
- FTPMO CoordinatorQLD
- FTUI/UX DesignerSA
- TPOrganisational Change ManagerQLD
- TPFull Stack Developer - Cutting-edge technologiesQLD
- CCIT End to End UX Designer.VIC
- FTSystems Development Assistant Team LeadNSW
- FTApplication Services AdministratorNSW
- CCPeoplesoft ConsultantNSW
- FTTechnical Architect - Network /InfrastructureQLD
- FTSnr Technical Salesforce Consultant Global IT Managed Services - SydneyNSW
- CCTraining Content and Delivery SpecialistNSW
- CCSAP CRM Functional AnalystVIC
- CCAutomation DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- FTGraduate Technical ConsultantACT
- FTLevel 2 Software & Hardware Support position.VIC
- FTContracts & Procurement Support OfficerACT
- FTPortfolio Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FTSenior Project Coordinator-Datacentre relocation backgroundNSW
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- FTIT Helpdesk AnalystVIC