BlackBerry has defended its ability to continue serving enterprise customers with smartphones and secure mobile management software, responding to a Gartner report recommending that its corporate clients stop using the Canadian vendor's products.
BlackBerry confirmed on Friday its US$965 million net operating loss in the second quarter, following low interest in the Z10 smartphone.
Enterprises are increasingly interested in developing apps for Android-based smartphones and tablets, showing how Google's OS is becoming more accepted, according to a poll. At the same time fewer are willing to spend resources on Microsoft's OSes.
The creation of a pan-European patent system will help spread abusive patent litigation to Europe and could lead to E.U.-wide sales bans on products, leading tech vendors have claimed.
From industry darling to potential footnote, what happened to Blackberry?
BlackBerry's messenger app for Android and iPhone will not roll out this week as the company struggles to block an unreleased version of the Android app that affected its system.
A consortium led by Canada's Fairfax Financial Holdings has offered to acquire struggling smartphone maker BlackBerry.
BlackBerry has delayed the rollout of Android and iOS versions of its popular BlackBerry Messenger app, which was expected to be available for the additional platforms this weekend.
Very bad news for BlackBerry. The Canadian smartphone maker posted a $995 million operating loss for the second quarter and will cut 4500 jobs--over a third of its staff--in a bid to cut costs.
Enterprise tech companies including Oracle this week started reporting financial results that cover at least part of the third calendar quarter, and so far, the trends look mildly promising compared to last quarter.
BlackBerry lost close to $1 billion in the July to September quarter as users abandoned its once-dominant platform.
BlackBerry has confirmed that BlackBerry Messenger (BBM) will be released for Android and iPhone this weekend. The firm will also launch a new smartphone next week, the Z30.
Announced last night, the BlackBerry Z30 is the latest smartphone from the once market-leading company, formerly known as Research In Motion (RIM). We had a brief hands-on with a preproduction version of the device in Auckland this morning.
Amid rumors of layoffs and a possible sale of the company, BlackBerry today announced some good news: its popular BBM messaging service will be available for Android and iPhone devices this weekend.
BlackBerry has just announced its biggest, most powerful phone yet, but despite that impressive-sounding blurb, the BlackBerry Z30 reeks of "too little, too late" and may just be the last handset ever released by the iconic company.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
- Tesla's autopilot is being investigated after a fatal crash
- Will NBN be the biggest loser in Saturday’s Federal Election?
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- FTTechnical Consultant - ServerSA
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW
- CCSharepoint ConsultantQLD
- CCNational Project CoordinatorNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- FTSolution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP ABAP - Senior developerVIC
- CCICT PreSales SpecialistVIC
- CCBusiness System Analyst - FinanceVIC
- FTData Center Operator (1-Year Renewal Contract)Asia
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Systems AnalystACT
- FTAutomation Test Engineer | C#/.Net focusNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project ManagerACT
- FTLead Tableau Reporting ConsultantNSW
- FTProduct OwnerNSW
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCProgram Controls ManagerACT
- FTMobility Developer x 2 - iOS and Android positions available!NSW
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW