The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
When the robot apocalypse arrives, don't be surprised if the machines crack jokes about our undoing.
I feel a combination of amazement, confusion and dread, which I should really just start calling the "Apple Triad" of emotions. This week, the latest in Apple's quest to rule all it surveys and pave the road to conquest with oblong, rectangular handh...
Production is said to be underway for the next iPhone models, and it looks like the new version's big selling point will be Force Touch.
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
Financial data and news company Bloomberg has developed in-house access controls and embraced several other technological fixes after it emerged last year that the company's journalists had routinely accessed data on how Wall Street clients were usin...
Microsoft has cut the price of Windows 8.1 by nearly three-fourths to device makers who produce lower-cost laptops and tablets.
Apple could be working on two new iPhones with bigger, curved, pressure-sensitive displays, according to new reports.
Samsung gets criticised for copyingApple's design techniques,colour choices, and even unannounced products, but the iPhone maker isn't the only company Samsung is willing to imitate. The Korea-based electronics maker has apparently set its sight on c...
Microsoft has been trying to persuade Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC to load the Windows Phone OS jointly with Android on future smartphones, it has been reported.
In a rare pair of interviews, Apple CEO Tim Cook, joined by head of software Craig Federighi and Apple design guru Jony Ive, have spoken out about the iPhone 5c, Android, iOS 7, innovation, collaboration and future products.
Samsung looks likely expand its successful Galaxy brand of smartphones next month to include a smartwatch known as Galaxy Gear. According to a report from Bloomberg, Samsung will unveil the Android-powered smartwatch on September 4.
This week, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek has said that Apple is set to begin mass production of its next generation iPhone this month, ahead of an autumn launch. Now, further reports have backed up the analyst's claims, citing Apple insiders who are ...
Today's tech titans are blessed with wondrous perks: company cars, private jets, even a free house for Amazon's Jeff Bezos. But Russian oil titan Gazprom--one of the largest companies in the world--and its chief executive Alexey Miller, together have...
Bloomberg says that Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip will power "some new versions" of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. Even so, beefed-up processors alone won't cure what ails Windows RT.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- IoT security is getting its own crash tests
- Telstra wins National Cancer Screening Register contract
- Salesforce picks AWS as preferred public cloud provider
- NBN Co's poor document security enabled document leaks that could have been avoided
- This autonomous boat is trying to cross an ocean using only solar power
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr Technical System Engineer (IBM/Oracle/SQL) 160524/STSE/vmtAsia
- CCDomain Specialist | Multiple RolesVIC
- CCSystems Engineer - Wintel, VMWare and CitrixNSW
- FTNV1, NV2 Network Engineers | Permanent role with diverse Defence projectsACT
- FTPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCContract Computer Operator (UNIX/Windows-based) 1610524/CCO/vmtAsia
- CCQA OfficerACT
- FTQuality ManagerACT
- FTSenior Systems EngineerACT
- FTProduction ConsultantVIC
- FTGraduate IT Support OfficerNSW
- CCSenior Programmer (Data Engineering)NSW
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTOPEN_ASAP_Network Security AdministratorACT
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL/Web) 160519/AP/453Asia
- CCIT Technical WriterACT
- FTTester/Business AnalystWA
- FTSOE SpecialistACT
- FTVMWare Infrastructure EngineerVIC
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- FTCloud ArchitectAsia
- CCSAP Project ManagersNSW