The financial future of smartphone maker HTC appears dire, analysts say, even as the company has remained upbeat.
When the robot apocalypse arrives, don't be surprised if the machines crack jokes about our undoing.
I feel a combination of amazement, confusion and dread, which I should really just start calling the "Apple Triad" of emotions. This week, the latest in Apple's quest to rule all it surveys and pave the road to conquest with oblong, rectangular handh...
Production is said to be underway for the next iPhone models, and it looks like the new version's big selling point will be Force Touch.
WikiLeaks publishes stolen Sony info... IBM opens up threat data... China suspends rule on foreign IT vendors... and more tech news
Financial data and news company Bloomberg has developed in-house access controls and embraced several other technological fixes after it emerged last year that the company's journalists had routinely accessed data on how Wall Street clients were usin...
Microsoft has cut the price of Windows 8.1 by nearly three-fourths to device makers who produce lower-cost laptops and tablets.
Apple could be working on two new iPhones with bigger, curved, pressure-sensitive displays, according to new reports.
Samsung gets criticised for copyingApple's design techniques,colour choices, and even unannounced products, but the iPhone maker isn't the only company Samsung is willing to imitate. The Korea-based electronics maker has apparently set its sight on c...
Microsoft has been trying to persuade Taiwanese smartphone maker HTC to load the Windows Phone OS jointly with Android on future smartphones, it has been reported.
In a rare pair of interviews, Apple CEO Tim Cook, joined by head of software Craig Federighi and Apple design guru Jony Ive, have spoken out about the iPhone 5c, Android, iOS 7, innovation, collaboration and future products.
Samsung looks likely expand its successful Galaxy brand of smartphones next month to include a smartwatch known as Galaxy Gear. According to a report from Bloomberg, Samsung will unveil the Android-powered smartwatch on September 4.
This week, Jefferies analyst Peter Misek has said that Apple is set to begin mass production of its next generation iPhone this month, ahead of an autumn launch. Now, further reports have backed up the analyst's claims, citing Apple insiders who are ...
Today's tech titans are blessed with wondrous perks: company cars, private jets, even a free house for Amazon's Jeff Bezos. But Russian oil titan Gazprom--one of the largest companies in the world--and its chief executive Alexey Miller, together have...
Bloomberg says that Qualcomm's new Snapdragon 800 chip will power "some new versions" of Microsoft's Surface RT tablet. Even so, beefed-up processors alone won't cure what ails Windows RT.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- China goes after unauthorized VPN access from local ISPs
- All new Chromebooks will get Android app support
- The Asus Tinker Board is a powerful Raspberry Pi rival that plays 4K video
- Hugo Barra quits Chinese phone maker Xiaomi to return to Silicon Valley
- Torment: Tides of Numenera preview: This is the bizarre follow-up Planescape deserves
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTChange AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Applications Project Manager - Office 365QLD
- CCFront End DeveloperNSW
- FTChief ArchitectVIC
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- FTMicrosoft Dynamics AX Finance ConsultantVIC
- CCVMWare Automation ArchitectACT
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTSnr SOC Security Coordinator - Perm - North Ryde areaNSW
- TPSenior Business Process analyst - Major Optimisation projectNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCTest Specialist - NetworkVIC
- CCAAA DeveloperNSW
- CCCapacity and Performance Analyst - Mainframe - Z SystemsVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- FTDevOps EngineerNSW
- TPSOA DeveloperNSW
- FTInformation Security ManagerNSW
- FTSalesforce Technical Business Analyst (Brisbane based)Other
- FTSenior Learning Specialist - Global OrganisationQLD
- CCService ManagerACT
- CCSenior Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCSAP Test Manager - CRMNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW