Sony Australia today announced the release of three new Blu-ray players: the BDP-S360, BDP-S560 and BDP-S760.
You'll soon be able to control Blu-ray content right from your iPhone. Universal has announced plans to launch a new series of iPhone apps that'll interact with its Blu-ray movie releases. The apps will allow you to tap into interactive features and ...
Exactly a year and five months after Toshiba brought an end to the high-definition disc format war, the Japanese consumer electronics company confirmed its plans to produce its own Blu-ray Disc player. Previously, rumors trickled in about Toshiba con...
The Digital Entertainment Group released its midyear report today, and Blu-ray Disc is a noteworthy bright spot.
The Watchmen Director's Cut is coming to Blu-ray in late July and will include a feature that allows you to sync your BD-Live buddies and Facebook friends into one list. This means you can use Warner Home Video's live community screening feature (LCS...
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
General Electric Global Research says it has figured out a way to put up to 500GB of data on a regular-sized DVD disc under laboratory conditions. GE says its breakthrough was achieved by writing 3-dimensional patterns that represent data onto a disc...
Will Blu-ray finally get some respect? The high-definition optical disc format has long been the whipping boy of media pundits, many of whom predict consumers will spurn Blu-ray and gravitate instead toward video-on-demand, online download, and movie...
Panasonic Australia has announced three new Blu-ray players, including the world's first portable model, the DMP-B15.
Panasonic Australia today launched two new Blu-ray disc recorders, the DMR-BW750 and DMR-BW850. The Panasonic DMR-BW750 is equipped with a 250GB hard drive (HDD) while the Panasonic DMR-BW850 comes with 500GB of onboard memory. Both models are VIERA...
Sony today announced it will inject 20,000 new Blu-ray players into Australian homes via a new Bravia TV promotion.
Sales and rentals of Blu-ray Disc content almost tripled in 2008 despite an overall downturn in the U.S. home entertainment market, an industry association reported at last week's Consumer Electronics Show.
At the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, LG introduced two Blu-ray players that offer access to on-demand streaming content from Netflix, CinemaNow, and YouTube. LG also took the wraps off three new Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems.
Back before Thanksgiving I predicted that Blu-ray sales would suffer during the holiday season due to the high cost of both the player and HDTVs combined with the current economic recession, among other reasons. But after seeing the report from the ...
Pioneer is now showcasing the biggest Blu-ray disc ever that can hold 400 GB worth of data. The technology features 16 separate layers on a single-side Blu-ray disc with 25 GB storage capacity on each layer, which totals 400 GB. Metal Gear Solid crea...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- How to stop websites from asking for your location in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, Opera, Safari
- Tencent adding five data centers to target cloud users outside China
- Russian hackers use OAuth, fake Google apps to phish users
- Palantir to pay US$1.7 million to settle racial hiring bias claim
- Old Windows Server machines can still fend off hacks. Here's how
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- TPBusiness AnalystVIC
- FTHealthcare Application Integration SupportQLD
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- TPReports Developer SSRS / SSISVIC
- CCSenior Policy OfficerNSW
- TPLinux System AdministratorQLD
- FTFull Stack DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Lead - FinTech - Product DevelopmentNSW
- FTTechnical LeadVIC
- CCSystems Engineer (Netapp/Windows)NSW
- FTPMO Lead, Project Delivery PracticeNSW
- FT.NET DeveloperWA
- CCSystems Administrator - Cloud, Azure and LinuxQLD
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTTest AnalystNSW
- TPSenior .NET Developer (Angular or React)NSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystACT
- FTUser Support AnalystNSW
- FTOperations OrchestrationVIC
- CCTechnical Requirements Architect - NV1ACT
- CCProject Manager - DigitalisationQLD
- CCSenior Business AnalystNSW
- CCCitrix SpecialistVIC
- TPSOE EngineerACT
- FTNetwork EngineerSA