You'll soon be able to control Blu-ray content right from your iPhone. Universal has announced plans to launch a new series of iPhone apps that'll interact with its Blu-ray movie releases. The apps will allow you to tap into interactive features and ...
Exactly a year and five months after Toshiba brought an end to the high-definition disc format war, the Japanese consumer electronics company confirmed its plans to produce its own Blu-ray Disc player. Previously, rumors trickled in about Toshiba con...
The Digital Entertainment Group released its midyear report today, and Blu-ray Disc is a noteworthy bright spot.
The Watchmen Director's Cut is coming to Blu-ray in late July and will include a feature that allows you to sync your BD-Live buddies and Facebook friends into one list. This means you can use Warner Home Video's live community screening feature (LCS...
China could gradually become a big market for Blu-ray Disc, but for now the optical disc format faces the problems of thrifty buyers, piracy and a competing Chinese disc format for playing high-definition video.
General Electric Global Research says it has figured out a way to put up to 500GB of data on a regular-sized DVD disc under laboratory conditions. GE says its breakthrough was achieved by writing 3-dimensional patterns that represent data onto a disc...
Will Blu-ray finally get some respect? The high-definition optical disc format has long been the whipping boy of media pundits, many of whom predict consumers will spurn Blu-ray and gravitate instead toward video-on-demand, online download, and movie...
Panasonic Australia has announced three new Blu-ray players, including the world's first portable model, the DMP-B15.
Panasonic Australia today launched two new Blu-ray disc recorders, the DMR-BW750 and DMR-BW850. The Panasonic DMR-BW750 is equipped with a 250GB hard drive (HDD) while the Panasonic DMR-BW850 comes with 500GB of onboard memory. Both models are VIERA...
Sony today announced it will inject 20,000 new Blu-ray players into Australian homes via a new Bravia TV promotion.
Sales and rentals of Blu-ray Disc content almost tripled in 2008 despite an overall downturn in the U.S. home entertainment market, an industry association reported at last week's Consumer Electronics Show.
At the Consumer Electronics Show Wednesday, LG introduced two Blu-ray players that offer access to on-demand streaming content from Netflix, CinemaNow, and YouTube. LG also took the wraps off three new Blu-ray Disc Home Theater Systems.
Back before Thanksgiving I predicted that Blu-ray sales would suffer during the holiday season due to the high cost of both the player and HDTVs combined with the current economic recession, among other reasons. But after seeing the report from the ...
Pioneer is now showcasing the biggest Blu-ray disc ever that can hold 400 GB worth of data. The technology features 16 separate layers on a single-side Blu-ray disc with 25 GB storage capacity on each layer, which totals 400 GB. Metal Gear Solid crea...
Panasonic and LG have announced new Blu-ray players for the Australian market priced at under $500. The new models feature the latest Blu-ray technology and features, including BD-Live and Dolby True HD audio. The LG BD300 will be available in late O...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 BlackBerry Priv review: When old habits die hard
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Google Nexus 6P review: An outstanding multimedia machine
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Modular cellphone kit can be used for IoT and wearables
- Now that AI has mastered 'Go,' are all our jobs next?
- Make a $40 Linux or Android PC with new Raspberry Pi 2 rival
- Researcher finds serious flaw in Chromium-based Avast SafeZone browser
- Dridex banking malware mysteriously hijacked to distribute antivirus program
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCEnterprise Systems Infrastructure SpecialistNSW
- FTLogistics Systems ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerQLD
- CCProject SchedulerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer 160120/AP/vvtAsia
- CCProgram Master SchedulerNSW
- CCSAP Primavera Functional ConsultantNSW
- CCSAP Test ManagerSA
- FTProgram Test DirectorNSW
- CCSQL DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - CanberraNSW
- CCSolution Design EngineerACT
- CCHelpdesk SupportNSW
- CCProject Manager - Managed Print ServicesNSW
- CCInformation ArchitectQLD
- FTJava Web Development OpportunityVIC
- FTCyber Security SpecialistNSW
- FTIT Technical LeadVIC
- CCIT Hadoop DevelopersQLD
- CCSenior Project Manager - HRIS ProjectQLD
- CCJava Developer - IOSNSW
- CCImmediate iOS Developer Required - Contract - SydneyNSW
- CCSAP CRM Specialist- ABAPACT
- CCApplications DeveloperQLD
- FTApplication Packaging & Deployments Team LeaderNSW