The majority of Android devices currently in use contain a vulnerability that allows malware to completely hijack installed apps and their data or even the entire device.
A second vulnerability that can be exploited to modify legitimate Android apps without breaking their digital signatures has been identified and publicly documented.
Technical details and a proof-of-concept exploit have been published for a recently announced Android vulnerability that potentially affects millions of devices and allows attackers to turn legitimate apps into Trojan programs.
A vulnerability that has existed in Android for the past four years can allow hackers to modify any legitimate and digitally signed application in order to transform it into a Trojan program that can be used to steal data or take control of the OS.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- CCERP LeadWA
- FTDigital Delivery and Engagement OfficersVIC
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSystem AdministratorNSW
- CCWeb Designer or Visual Interactional DesignerNSW
- FT2 x Firewall Engineer - Permanent - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCOracle SOA DeveloperNSW
- FTMiddleware Specialist / Systems AdministrationNSW
- TPSharePoint SpecialistQLD
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCCyber Security Analyst - TelcoVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- FTService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCFunctional SAP IS Specialist (Logistics / Retail)SA
- FTProduct OwnerVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- FTSenior AEM Support AnalystVIC
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCSolution Designer and DeveloperNSW
- CCAgile Project ManagerQLD