Microsoft and Raspberry Pi want people to build businesses and start Kickstarter campaigns around cool devices making use of the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Garmin is set to launch a touchscreen GPS golf watch which intends to improve golfers’ swing consistency and synchronisation with the help of a set of metrics and training tools.
Sony is one of a few companies with an ecosystem rich in entertainment gear. Now the company has partnered with Telstra to release the wearable SmartBand SWR10.
Just when you thought the portable Bluetooth speaker market was brimming with a range of fantastic products, Braven weighs in with an entrant so well equipped, it could shake things up.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
Jawbone is investing in Bluetooth earpieces following the rise in demand for large screen smartphones.
Bluetooth, the short range wireless data communications technology, is in a huge range of products these days, and not just computers and phones.
The smartphone is the new computer, and wireless peripherals are popping up everywhere
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
You pull into your driveway, put your car in park, and close the garage. At this point, you fumble for your keys, feel along the wall for the light switches, and adjust the thermostat--but what if your door unlocked, lights turned on, and the house w...
French upstart Kolibree is demonstrating its connected electric toothbrush at the International CES trade show. The toothbrush tells users how well they are brushing their teeth via a smartphone app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Amazon testing parcel deliveries by drones in the UK
- AMD packs 1TB SSD into a GPU for better VR and gaming
- AMD's Radeon Pro WX GPUs can create VR content for under $1,000
- AMD introduces a new Radeon Pro WX series to replace FirePro
- FBI probes DNC hack as suspicions of Russian involvement widen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160728/AP/623Asia
- CCAgile Scrum MasterACT
- FTSenior .Net DeveloperSA
- CCIteration Manager/Project ManagerVIC
- FTNetwork Infrastructure SpecialistSA
- CCHelpdesk OfficersNSW
- FTCloud EngineerVIC
- CCChange CoordinatorNSW
- FTFull stack (back end focus) Java Developer | Defence | NV1ACT
- CCCisco CCIE Certified Network EngineerWA
- FTProject Manager- Change ManagementSA
- FTProject Coordinator- NSW Government - reform BackgroundNSW
- CCProduction Manager / Digital ProducerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/JAVA/UNIX) 160804/AP/172Asia
- CCInfrastructure Project ManagerACT
- CCBPM Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCMac (iOS) Support Engineer - $30 p/h - Three Year ContractNSW
- FTChange and Release ManagerVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Java/J2EE/MyEclise) 160721/AP/vmpAsia
- FTSystems Administrator, Linux, Networking, AWSNSW
- FTPHP Developer (full stack)WA
- FTBusiness Development ManagerVIC
- CCCRM DeveloperACT
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW