A new version of the ubiquitous Bluetooth, version 5 -- which will be faster and pair devices wirelessly over longer distances -- is close to being finalized.
Microsoft and Raspberry Pi want people to build businesses and start Kickstarter campaigns around cool devices making use of the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
I honestly don't even know how to rate the Astro A38. Technically it's a gaming headset, sure, but it's abundantly clear Astro doesn't really expect you to use these very often with your PC. Everything about this headset was designed with cell phones...
Garmin is set to launch a touchscreen GPS golf watch which intends to improve golfers’ swing consistency and synchronisation with the help of a set of metrics and training tools.
Sony is one of a few companies with an ecosystem rich in entertainment gear. Now the company has partnered with Telstra to release the wearable SmartBand SWR10.
Just when you thought the portable Bluetooth speaker market was brimming with a range of fantastic products, Braven weighs in with an entrant so well equipped, it could shake things up.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
Jawbone is investing in Bluetooth earpieces following the rise in demand for large screen smartphones.
Bluetooth, the short range wireless data communications technology, is in a huge range of products these days, and not just computers and phones.
The smartphone is the new computer, and wireless peripherals are popping up everywhere
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's new Zo chatbot dodges politics, doesn't always make sense
- Privacy groups urge investigation of 'internet of toys'
- Facebook, Twitter, Microsoft and YouTube will share terror content info
- AT&T means business with a 5G trial at Intel
- How to password protect a PDF before sending it by email
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Administrator :SCCMWA
- CCSolution Designer - Investment/Trading PlatformNSW
- CCFunctional Consultant - Brisbane locationOther
- CCDesktop/Laptop Deployment TechnicianVIC
- FTDevOps EngineerQLD
- FTUX Design LeadNSW
- FTSecurity Delivery Manager l Security, Governance, Delivery & OperationNSW
- CCAgile Iteration ManagerNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- CCTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCNetwork Deployment SpecialistNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - Must have baseline or NV1 clearanceACT
- FTSenior Business AnalystSA
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCPerformance Test AnalystNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerACT
- TPProject CoordinatorNSW
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- CCSecurity Administrator - CheckpointVIC
- CCSenior UX/UI DesignerNSW
- CCTechnical lead (Informatica MDM)QLD
- CCBusiness Analyst - Reporting, Excel and AutoCAD experienceNSW
- TPMicrosoft BI DeveloperWA