Microsoft and Raspberry Pi want people to build businesses and start Kickstarter campaigns around cool devices making use of the new Raspberry Pi 3 computer.
The $229 Bluetooth speaker goes on sale in November with better sound and a Lightning charger.
UC San Diego researchers have developed a magnetic-field network to link wearable devices through the user's body.
With the Internet of Things in mind, ARM wants to improve the battery life of sensors that use Bluetooth, making it efficient enough to be powered using energy harvesting.
Backers of Bluetooth plan to give the technology a way to form mesh networks, dramatically extending its range and potentially its role in the Internet of Things.
Garmin is set to launch a touchscreen GPS golf watch which intends to improve golfers’ swing consistency and synchronisation with the help of a set of metrics and training tools.
Sony is one of a few companies with an ecosystem rich in entertainment gear. Now the company has partnered with Telstra to release the wearable SmartBand SWR10.
Just when you thought the portable Bluetooth speaker market was brimming with a range of fantastic products, Braven weighs in with an entrant so well equipped, it could shake things up.
Bluetooth 4.1, due out by the end of the year, will directly connect devices to cloud services.
Jawbone is investing in Bluetooth earpieces following the rise in demand for large screen smartphones.
Bluetooth, the short range wireless data communications technology, is in a huge range of products these days, and not just computers and phones.
The smartphone is the new computer, and wireless peripherals are popping up everywhere
French tablet maker Archos is using a tweaked version of Bluetooth Low Energy to monitor and control smart devices around the home.
You pull into your driveway, put your car in park, and close the garage. At this point, you fumble for your keys, feel along the wall for the light switches, and adjust the thermostat--but what if your door unlocked, lights turned on, and the house w...
French upstart Kolibree is demonstrating its connected electric toothbrush at the International CES trade show. The toothbrush tells users how well they are brushing their teeth via a smartphone app.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Immigration Minister Peter Dutton becomes Creepy internet meme
- Sharepoint is going mobile this year with a new app
- IBM's quantum processor comes out of hiding
- Dick Smith closes doors for the last time (+4 photos)
- Google, Fiat Chrysler to collaborate on self-driving minivans
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCRelease Management LeadNSW
- FTSoftware (.Net) DeveloperACT
- FTNetwork ConsultantNSW
- CCServiceNow / SACM ConsultantNSW
- CCNV1 | System admin with SQL server experience for Defence Application SupportACT
- CCSenior Master Data OfficerNSW
- CCScrum MasterNSW
- CCSenior ICT Project OfficerACT
- CCApplication Solution ArchitectNSW
- FTSenior iOS DeveloperNSW
- FTGentrack ConsultantVIC
- CCSystems TrainerVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - Network and InfrastructureNSW
- FTSenior Storage Systems EngineerACT
- CCService DeskWA
- CCJava Developer / DevOps | FINEOS Application | Long Term ContractNSW
- CCSystem admin with SQL server experience | Defence-wide project | NV1 neededACT
- CCFront End Developer x 2QLD
- CCSenior Project ManagerVIC
- CCHealthcare Test SpecialistSA
- CCEnvironment ManagerVIC
- CCFull Stack Developer - Java - Blue Chip CompanyNSW
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Prince2 & PMBoK shop | Huge project pipelineACT
- CCAnalyst Programmer (JAVA/Windows Programming) 160422/AP/544Asia
- CCTechnical WriterACT