BMW hopes to make a completely autonomous car called iNEXT, suited for city streets and highways, by 2021.
Robot hitchiker attacked, abandoned... Nokia sells Here mapping business to German car makers... Spy-spotting software comes to Wall St... and more tech news
Audi, BMW and Daimler will jointly purchase Nokia's Here digital mapping service for roughly $2.7 billion, and they plan to invite other auto makers to take a stake in the company as well, according to reports published on Tuesday.
Cars will have to be much better protected against hacking and new privacy standards will govern data collected from vehicles under proposed legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate on Tuesday.
Bosch says driverless car tech will bring it 1bn euro in sales next year.
Intel buys Lantiq for communications push ... next-gen Raspberry Pi gets Windows 10 ... Pirate Bay pops up again ... and more news
A security vulnerability in BMW's Connected Drive system allowed researchers to imitate BMW servers and send remote unlocking instructions to vehicles.
Cars that can park themselves, cycle helmets that can communicate to avoid collisions and the coming battle between Apple's CarPlay and Google's Android Auto will all be hot topics at International CES in January.
With BMW's Remote Valet Parking Assistant may you never have to set foot in a parking garage again: The car should find a place to park on its own. The feature can be controlled from a smartwatch and will be demonstrated at the International CES trad...
Paradoxically for a platform intended to automate cloud service deployment, a major obstacle to wider adoption of OpenStack is a lack of qualified staff, speakers and attendees at the OpenStack Summit in Paris said Monday.
This week on World Tech Update we take you inside the New York Auto Show, where BMW introduced its X5 eDrive concept car.
SAP and BMW have created a prototype that uses SAP's HANA in-memory database platform to send personalized services and offers to people as they drive around in their cars.
Cool, intelligent car? Check. Controller wristwatch? Check. Now all you need is the leather jacket and 1980s perm to be Michael Knight.
Call it the revenge of the nerds. At a splashy debut on Monday, BMW rolled out the BMW i3, an electric car with enough Internet-connected amenities that the company bills it as the "world's first fully networked electrically powered car."
The Open Data Center Alliance (ODCA) -- whose membership roster includes BMW, Deutsche Bank, JPMorgan Chase and Lockheed Martin -- has expanded its vision for how cloud services should work, with requirements for more cloud-friendly licensing and bet...
Everki ContemPRO Roll Top Laptop Backpack
Smart LED Bulb LB130
Samsung portable 1TB T3 drive
Microsoft L5V-00027 Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard Desktop
Lexar® JumpDrive® S57 USB 3.0 flash drive
Epson EcoTank Expression ET-2500
Epson WorkForce ET-4550
UE Boom 2 Bluetooth speaker
Linksys AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router
3SIXT Ultra HD Sports Action Camera
Lexar® JumpDrive® S45 USB 3.0 flash drive
Lexar® Portable SSD
Logitech G403 Prodigy mouse
Epson WorkForce DS-360W
Google Daydream VR headset
Huawei Mate 9
Belkin MIXIT Metallic Lightning to USB Cable
Acer Swift 7
Lexar® Professional 1800x microSDHC™/microSDXC™ UHS-II cards
Surface Pro 4
Lexar® JumpDrive® C20c USB Type-C flash drive
Dell XPS 13 laptop
Blade 28 backpack by Arc’teryx
Dell Inspiron 5000 series 2-in-1
HD Pan/Tilt Wi-Fi Camera with Night Vision NC450
HP Pavilion x360 13”
Garmin Fenix Chronos smartwatch
Audio-Technica ATH-ANC70 Noise Cancelling Headphones
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Oppo R9s Plus phone: Full, in-depth review
- 2 Samsung 2017 QLED Q7 TV: Full, in-depth review
- 3 HTC U Ultra phone full, in-depth review
- 4 Gigabyte Aorus GA-AX370-Gaming 5 AMD Ryzen AM4 motherboard review
- 5 Kogan curved 4K UHD 55-inch LED LCD TV review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- GeForce GTX 1060 added to Nvidia's For Honor, Ghost Recon: Wildlands free game bundle
- Razer’s updated Blade Pro is the first ever THX-certified laptop
- Microsoft OneNote for beginners: Everything you need to know
- Subaru XV 2017 review
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
- LG G6: unboxing, hands on review and detail shots
- And the 2017 winner of the Formula 1 Best Pit Lane Boom Gantry is...
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSocial Media ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness AnalystQLD
- FTAEM Architect - Blue Chip organisationNSW
- TPSenior Agile Business AnalystVIC
- FTProject AnalystVIC
- FTBusiness Analyst Fixed TermNSW
- FTHead of ArchitectureNSW
- CCExecutive SupportWA
- TPBusiness Analyst | HealthQLD
- FTICT Project ManagerNSW
- FTJunior Wintel Systems AdministratorNSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- FTSenior Infrastructure Business AnalystVIC
- TPSenior Business AnalystNSW
- FTBillings Integration ArchitectVIC
- TPBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- TPAutomation Test AnalystsQLD
- CCSecurity ManagerACT
- CCUX DesignerVIC
- FTArchitect (Technical)NSW
- TP.Net Software DeveloperQLD
- CCWeb Devops EngineerNSW
- CCFrom Security Operations to Technical Business Analyst, make the move now!NSW
- FTService Desk Operations AnalystNSW