Wireless hotspots that can deliver hundreds of megabits per second in real-world bandwidth will become more common as operators increase their investments in Wi-Fi networks.
The Internet can ease travel concerns in many ways, including flight-delay information, maps of road congestion, and ride-sharing apps. But a Wi-Fi network at the Austin, Texas, airport can now answer one of the great unknowns: How long will I have t...
Smooth roaming from cell to Wi-Fi networks is finally seeing the light of day, with deployments at 21 U.S. airports and at two smaller sites in Europe debuting on Monday.
Can't find an item in your grocery store? Some retailers want to help, but it could mean tracking your every move as you wander through the aisles.
AT&T's addition of Boingo Wireless Wi-Fi hotspots to its international roaming coverage may point toward the future of mobile data across borders.
International roaming between carriers' Wi-Fi networks has come a step closer, with AT&T, Boingo Wireless, NTT DoCoMo and Orange completing network assessments as part of the Wireless Broadband Alliance's new interoperability program.
A group of operators including AT&T, Boingo Wireless, BT and China Mobile have joined forces to work on a common framework for Wi-Fi roaming to make it easier for users to access hotspots while travelling abroad.
The integration of mobile networks and Wi-Fi promises to make hotspots more popular and easier to access, but it will also put pressure on providers to improve performance, according to hotspot aggregator Boingo Wireless.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCTest EngineerNSW
- TPIT Project CoordinatorVIC
- FTProduct Manager - TV and MediaVIC
- CCIT Systems AnalystNSW
- FTTelecom Riggers and TechniciansNSW
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- FTLevel 3 Managed Services ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterNSW
- CCProgram Business Change Director - HR PayrollNSW
- CCSAP PM/ MRS ConsultantVIC
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- TPSenior Systems EngineerWA
- FTAgile Business AnalystQLD
- TPXamarin DeveloperQLD
- CCSenior Business Analyst- System/ Solution DevelopmentNSW
- CCUI DesignerNSW
- TPFrontend DeveloperNSW
- CCSenior Front End DeveloperQLD
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- FTSystems Engineer - Managed Service ProviderVIC
- CCData ScientistNSW
- FTTechnical Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Network ConsultantVIC