An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
Security researchers, working with law enforcement and Internet service providers, have disrupted the brains of the Koobface botnet.
A prominent security researcher today said he doubts Microsoft's take-down of the Waledac botnet would have any impact on spam levels, as the company claimed.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
The thriving world of botnet attacks continues to demand IT's attention.
Jason Calacanis, founder and CEO of search engine start-up Mahalo.com, defends his decision to allow former security researcher John Scheifer to continuing working at his firm even after discovering he was a convicted felon.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
Owen Walker's future seems brighter today than it did a year ago when New Zealand police came knocking on his door to arrest him on computer hacking charges.
The same week one of the world's worst spam operations is being shut down, security researchers are warning the next big threat may not be for PCs at all -- but rather for mobile phones.
A Brazilian man has been charged for trying to rent out a botnet that would be used to send spam, US authorities said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Lavabit developer has a new encrypted, end-to-end email protocol
- Apple sues Qualcomm over patent licensing and $1B in payments
- New details emerge about Intel's super-small Euclid computer for robots
- Microsoft will soon end Office 2013 distribution through Office 365
- Researchers propose a way to use your heartbeat as a password
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- TPPL/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCMicrosoft Active Directory ArchitectACT
- FTUNIX / Linux EngineerNSW
- FTFront End DeveloperQLD
- TPFinancial Project management - Multiple grant programsNSW
- CCEnterprise Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCeLearning Support Officer - Moodle/Google appsACT
- TPICT - Contracts and Commercial AnalystQLD
- CCJunior Project ManagerQLD
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & LendingQLD
- FTWeb Front- End DeveloperSA
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTBI Tech Lead l Informatica ETL , Microstrategy, Big Data TechnologiesNSW
- CCProject/ Operational CoordinatorNSW
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTFull stack Developer - Senior (Java or C# and AngularJS) x 3QLD
- TPProject Manager - Data ManagementSA
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTOffice365 Solution SpecialistSA