An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
Security researchers, working with law enforcement and Internet service providers, have disrupted the brains of the Koobface botnet.
A prominent security researcher today said he doubts Microsoft's take-down of the Waledac botnet would have any impact on spam levels, as the company claimed.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
The thriving world of botnet attacks continues to demand IT's attention.
Jason Calacanis, founder and CEO of search engine start-up Mahalo.com, defends his decision to allow former security researcher John Scheifer to continuing working at his firm even after discovering he was a convicted felon.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
Owen Walker's future seems brighter today than it did a year ago when New Zealand police came knocking on his door to arrest him on computer hacking charges.
The same week one of the world's worst spam operations is being shut down, security researchers are warning the next big threat may not be for PCs at all -- but rather for mobile phones.
A Brazilian man has been charged for trying to rent out a botnet that would be used to send spam, US authorities said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCBI-Business Intelligence Technical LeadNSW
- CCFinance Analyst (Junior)VIC
- CCJunior/Intermediate Drupal web developer - APS Level 4/5 equiACT
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCSenior IT Project SpecialistVIC
- FTDefence Network EngineerACT
- CCChange Communications ManagerNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSalesforce CRM ManagerNSW
- FTBusiness Intelligence Team LeadVIC
- FTIT Release CoordinatorWA
- CCSr Project Manager - BASELINEACT
- CCData Analyst - multiples roles - EAM experience requiredNSW
- CCSenior Project ManagerNSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Cognos/JAVA/J2EE) 160831/SA/122Asia
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160902/JP/709Asia
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCPersonal AssistantVIC
- CCSAP Program Manager - CBDNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTCyber Security Sales Executive / Account DirectorNSW