An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
Security researchers, working with law enforcement and Internet service providers, have disrupted the brains of the Koobface botnet.
A prominent security researcher today said he doubts Microsoft's take-down of the Waledac botnet would have any impact on spam levels, as the company claimed.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
The thriving world of botnet attacks continues to demand IT's attention.
Jason Calacanis, founder and CEO of search engine start-up Mahalo.com, defends his decision to allow former security researcher John Scheifer to continuing working at his firm even after discovering he was a convicted felon.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
Owen Walker's future seems brighter today than it did a year ago when New Zealand police came knocking on his door to arrest him on computer hacking charges.
The same week one of the world's worst spam operations is being shut down, security researchers are warning the next big threat may not be for PCs at all -- but rather for mobile phones.
A Brazilian man has been charged for trying to rent out a botnet that would be used to send spam, US authorities said Thursday.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystVIC
- CCCloud Solution Architect - Financial Services - Continuous IntegrationNSW
- CCSenior PHP DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Project EngineerNSW
- CCProject Administrator-NSW
- CCProject Manager :ApplicationsWA
- CCSystems Analyst - Web Services.NSW
- TPAEM Developer (frontend)NSW
- CCWeb Developer - WordpressNSW
- FTUX / UI DesignerVIC
- CCEmail Production SpecialistQLD
- CCNight Shift Service Desk AnalystSA
- FTCommercial, Contract, Vendor ManagementVIC
- CCWeb Services Tester- Test AnalystNSW
- CCInformation Security ConsultantNSW
- CCJunior Data Centre Support Technician - Sydney CBDNSW
- FTIndustry Engagement ManagerVIC
- TPProject Coordinator - IT Projects - State GovernmentVIC
- CCSenior Project EngineerNSW
- FTTraining & Implementation Manager, PlatformNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - Data ReconciliationQLD
- CCSystem EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Integration DeveloperQLD
- FTService Lifecycle RepresentativeQLD