An infamous piece of malware called Bayrob, first discovered in 2007, has begun to show up disproportionately, targeting A/NZ.
Level 3’s research report analyses botnet activity around the world
Mobile phones will become an increasing menace to network security that could drop malware onto protected devices when they dock to sync or plug into USB ports to charge, security experts say in a Georgia Tech report.
Security firm NetWitness today announced Spectrum, an appliance for enabling automated malware analysis that works in conjunction with the company's traffic-analysis gear used to spot threats and policy violations.
Security researchers, working with law enforcement and Internet service providers, have disrupted the brains of the Koobface botnet.
A prominent security researcher today said he doubts Microsoft's take-down of the Waledac botnet would have any impact on spam levels, as the company claimed.
If you haven't changed the default password on your home router, you may be in for an unwanted visit from Chuck Norris -- the Chuck Norris botnet, that is.
A report from security research firm NetWitness about a malicious botnet dubbed Kneber has been the focus of a fair amount of media attention, but mostly sensationalism that misses the real point.
The thriving world of botnet attacks continues to demand IT's attention.
Jason Calacanis, founder and CEO of search engine start-up Mahalo.com, defends his decision to allow former security researcher John Scheifer to continuing working at his firm even after discovering he was a convicted felon.
Spam trumpeting the power of love is nothing more than an old trick dressed up in new clothes, more evidence that the backers of the Waledec bot Trojan are the same bunch that hammered users last year with Storm, security companies are warning.
Owen Walker's future seems brighter today than it did a year ago when New Zealand police came knocking on his door to arrest him on computer hacking charges.
The same week one of the world's worst spam operations is being shut down, security researchers are warning the next big threat may not be for PCs at all -- but rather for mobile phones.
A Brazilian man has been charged for trying to rent out a botnet that would be used to send spam, US authorities said Thursday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMedia AnalystNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTIT Project Coordinator- Data Center Infrastructure backgroundNSW
- CCSAP PI/PO ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCEnvironment Manager - POSVIC
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- FTSenior Front End DeveloperNSW
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTEnvironment ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- FTStorage ConsultantACT
- FTUX DesignerVIC
- FTSolution ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior IT Assistant (Office Automation/PC LAN) 160630/SITA/642Asia
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL/Oracle) 160630/SA/254Asia