A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Department of Justice should back off its request for Microsoft to turn over a suspect's digital documents stored on a server in Ireland, or be prepared for other governments demanding documents stored on U.S. servers, the company's general ...
A U.S. district court judge has ruled against Microsoft in the company's effort to oppose a U.S. government search warrant for emails stored in Ireland.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encrypted Internet communications, detailed in news stories this week, are an attack on the security of the Internet and on users' trust in the network, some security experts said.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- XCOM 2's eagerly anticipated Long War 2 total conversion mod released in Steam Workshop
- Avaya says bankruptcy is a step toward software and services
- As with PCs, you can now customize Raspberry Pi-like computers
- Encrypted email service ProtonMail is now accessible over Tor
- Prices plummet for AMD's beastly Radeon Pro Duo graphics card ahead of Vega's release
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPSenior Test Analyst - DETEQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTProject Delivery Manager | PortfolioQLD
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Risk & ComplianceNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst Finance & Lending - Brisbane Based RoleVIC
- FTAutomation Test Analyst - APS 6 non-ongoingACT
- FTLevel 2 Help Desk SupportQLD
- TPTest ManagerQLD
- TPJava DeveloperSA
- FTBusiness Development Manager - Queensland TerritoryQLD
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTFull Stack PHP DevelopersQLD
- CCProject ManagerNSW
- CCArcSight Security Engineer - Contract - IT Services - SydneyNSW
- FTLinux Systems EngineerQLD
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPDynamics CRM Technical Delivery ManagerVIC
- CCProcess Business Analyst X 3VIC
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTLife/400 Testers - Permanent - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- CCIntegration Systems SpecialistQLD
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW