A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Department of Justice should back off its request for Microsoft to turn over a suspect's digital documents stored on a server in Ireland, or be prepared for other governments demanding documents stored on U.S. servers, the company's general ...
A U.S. district court judge has ruled against Microsoft in the company's effort to oppose a U.S. government search warrant for emails stored in Ireland.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encrypted Internet communications, detailed in news stories this week, are an attack on the security of the Internet and on users' trust in the network, some security experts said.
Negotiations have broken down between two Internet giants and U.S. government representatives over the companies' requests to publish information on the surveillance requests they receive, a Microsoft executive said Friday.
Microsoft does not give the U.S. National Security agency direct access to its customers' email or instant messages, contrary to previous news reports, a company executive said.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
A group of U.S. senators pledged Tuesday to open up the country's borders to high-skill immigrants, with lawmakers arguing that the U.S. is turning away some of the world's smartest people.
Two U.S. agencies reviewing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA should reject it because it's anticompetitive and will hurt consumers and the U.S. tech industry, three antitrust experts said Tuesday.
U.S. Supreme Court justices questioned Monday whether they should side with Microsoft and weaken the legal standard needed to invalidate a patent, with some justices suggesting there are alternatives to changing established law.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Microsoft will issue a blanket software license to nonprofit groups and journalist groups outside the U.S. after the New York Times reported that Russian police have used software copyright raids to seize computers of activist groups.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- HP's Elite Slice mini-PC stacks up features with snap-on modules
- The Dropbox data breach is a warning to update passwords
- Panasonic's new 4K camcorder does better in low light
- Lenovo adds Google Daydream products to its roadmap
- Lenovo will ditch hard keyboards in planned Chromebook and 2-in-1s
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCETL DeveloperACT
- CCSenior Process Analyst - WealthVIC
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Project Manager - TelecommunicationVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle RDBMS) 160908/AP/510Asia
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (Oracle SQL/.Net) 160812/AP/vhsAsia
- CCSenior Test AnalystSA
- FTUnix Systems AdministratorNSW
- CCICT Contracts ManagerSA
- CCCustomer Service RepresentativeQLD
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCDevOps EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - Network IPVIC
- CCFunctional & System Integration Test AnalystACT
- CCTechnical Business Analyst- BABOK,Infrastructure, Banking bkgndNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCContract IT Assistant (SQL/Windows7/8/10) 160901/AP/781Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/JBoss/SQL) 160831/AP/994Asia
- FTMiddleware - DevOps EngineerVIC
- FTUNIX, LINUX , VM System AdministrationNSW
- FTDB2 Database AdministratorVIC
- FTNational ICT Senior Technical Support EngineerACT
- FTBiztalk DesignerNSW
- CCProject Manager (Application Dev. & Mgt.) 160906/PM/472Asia