A long-standing effort to extend privacy protections to email and other data in the cloud got new life Thursday when U.S. lawmakers introduced not one, but two bills to reform the country's electronic privacy laws.
The U.S. Department of Justice should back off its request for Microsoft to turn over a suspect's digital documents stored on a server in Ireland, or be prepared for other governments demanding documents stored on U.S. servers, the company's general ...
A U.S. district court judge has ruled against Microsoft in the company's effort to oppose a U.S. government search warrant for emails stored in Ireland.
Congress needs to do more to protect private data of U.S. citizens from government surveillance and the misuse of technology by companies, a top Microsoft executive said Tuesday.
The U.S. National Security Agency's efforts to defeat encrypted Internet communications, detailed in news stories this week, are an attack on the security of the Internet and on users' trust in the network, some security experts said.
Negotiations have broken down between two Internet giants and U.S. government representatives over the companies' requests to publish information on the surveillance requests they receive, a Microsoft executive said Friday.
Microsoft does not give the U.S. National Security agency direct access to its customers' email or instant messages, contrary to previous news reports, a company executive said.
Software patents, facing new scrutiny in the U.S., drive innovation and protect huge investments by developers, representatives of software companies said during a Capitol Hill briefing.
A group of U.S. senators pledged Tuesday to open up the country's borders to high-skill immigrants, with lawmakers arguing that the U.S. is turning away some of the world's smartest people.
Two U.S. agencies reviewing AT&T's proposed acquisition of T-Mobile USA should reject it because it's anticompetitive and will hurt consumers and the U.S. tech industry, three antitrust experts said Tuesday.
U.S. Supreme Court justices questioned Monday whether they should side with Microsoft and weaken the legal standard needed to invalidate a patent, with some justices suggesting there are alternatives to changing established law.
A 24-year-old law setting the rules on how law enforcement agencies can obtain electronic records needs to be updated because it's out of step with modern technology and privacy expectations, U.S. Senator Patrick Leahy said Wednesday.
Microsoft will issue a blanket software license to nonprofit groups and journalist groups outside the U.S. after the New York Times reported that Russian police have used software copyright raids to seize computers of activist groups.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Box Shuttle makes it easier to ditch on-prem file storage
- Facebook wins appeal over tracking non-members in Belgium
- Terror-suspect database used by banks, governments, has been leaked
- SAP's ERP app for SMBs gets an overhaul for digital transformation
- Mobile ransomware use jumps, blocking access to phones
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCData Warehouse Specialist- Power BI, SSAS DBA, Azure, SQLNSW
- CCContract Junior Programmer (JAVA / SQL) 160621/JP/224Asia
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- FTProject Manager - Insurance experience neededNSW
- FTSOE Engineer - End User ComputingQLD
- CCSystems Engineer | Defence intelligence projects | NV2 clearanceACT
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCData ArchitectSA
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, InsuranceNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCBusiness Impact AssessmentsVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- FTNV2 Defence Project Manager | Canberra | Major exciting White Paper projectsACT
- CCSystems Monitoring Specialist - Foglight focusNSW
- CCArchitect (AWS)NSW
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst- BPMN, Testing backgroundNSW
- CCBiztalk developerNSW
- CCTelecommunications Operations Support officerACT
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCOffice 365 Project ManagerNSW