Optus E153 USB modem review: A simple USB modem with plug-and-play support, but low speeds
Vodafone Mega Modem review: Vodafone's latest mobile broadband USB stick provides access to the telco's new 850MHz network
FRITZ!Box 7270 review: An all-in-one marvel featuring an ADSL2+ modem, dual-band wireless networking and VoIP
Telstra Pre-Paid Mobile Wi-Fi review: This mobile broadband modem offers superior speeds and coverage
The NetComm MyZone scores points for its stylish, compact design and ease of use, though its speed could be improved.
broadband in pictures
With the right boss and the right broadband, these tech workers relocated to paradise destinations
Heading back to school or university? A mobile broadband package may help you get off to a good start in 2010!
NBN will not be using Optus’ hybrid-fibre coaxial (HFC) assets outside of the one area — Redcliffe in Queensland — where they are currently used to provide National Broadband Network connections. Instead the company has announced it will proceed with...
Labor has backed a move by the government to create a joint standing committee that will scrutinise the rollout of the National Broadband Network until its completion, which is expected in 2020.
During FY16 NBN received a $7.1 billion equity injection from the federal government, bringing total equity funding to date to $20.3 billion.
By the end of FY17, NBN is planning to have some 5.4 million premises able to order a National Broadband Network service — adding some 2.5 million premises to the network’s footprint during the year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
Many routers (and modem/routers) offer a QoS feature, which is a handy way of ensuring that, for example, sending email and browsing the Web won't interfere with fast-paced online games or calls using Skype. QoS stands for 'Quality of Service' and it...
Just got back from my folks' house, where Mom and Dad were each encountering the same problem with their respective computers: frequent, sporadic losses of Internet connectivity.
Using a mobile phone as a modem isn't a new feature — in fact, many smartphones came and went before the iPhone had this capability.
If you’re having intermittent connection problems then there’s often useful information to be gleaned from your router. Check the log, which lists the date and time of each reconnection. In the above screenshot, the router has just reconnected and th...
The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
Whitepapers about broadband
Although residential Wi-Fi applications are a primary focus for these 802.11ac technologies, they will also have a considerable impact on enterprise wireless LANs (WLANs). Both increasing the wireless bandwidth in a cell and the trend towards multiple antennas will make it easier to provide seamless Wi-Fi coverage around physical obstructions, such as elevator shafts and stair wells. Download to learn more.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- You can now use an iPhone to log into a Windows 10 PC, Microsoft says
- Android malware that can infiltrate corporate networks is spreading
- Firefox blocks websites with vulnerable encryption keys
- Ransomware spreads through weak remote desktop credentials
- Linksys EA9500 Max-Stream AC5400 MU-MIMO Gigabit router review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDesktop/Application SupportVIC
- CCAcquisition Marketing Executive - B2BNSW
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- CCPMO AnalystNSW
- FTTeam Leader Full Stack, Python, FinanceNSW
- CCTest Manager (HP Quality Centre / Kronos)NSW
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- CCVideo Conference Support Officer- VoIP, LAN, WAN, RemedyNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- CCDigital Solutions ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (IT Security) 160928/JP/653Asia
- FTScrum Master | High Profile FintechNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- FTTechnical Business Analyst | Marketing ServicesNSW
- CCeCommerce Project ManagerNSW
- CCLAN ConsultantWA
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - DCR ProjectNSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT