The key operational, financial metrics show that if it follows its current trajectory, the NBN model will reduce competition by squeezing out the mid-tiered telco companies and ultimately put a significant cost burden on to the consumer – thus, negat...
A flurry of activity will follow the plan from U.S. Federal Communications Commission Chairman Tom Wheeler to reclassify broadband as a regulated public utility as the foundation for new net neutrality rules.
“Network for Learning came along and it’s made a massive change to how we work."
It's difficult to predict how an appeals court will rule after it hears arguments Monday in Verizon Communication's challenge of the U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules.
The US presidential election result leaves President Barack Obama in the White House and maintains the balance of power in Congress. In many longstanding technology debates, policy experts see little movement forward, although lawmakers may look for ...
It's always a challenge for IT departments to anticipate how corporate technical demands will evolve, especially when IT budgets have been as tight as a drum for two years.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
The Dell Streak and the Samsung Galaxy Tab are two of the first tablet devices launched in Australia that are set to compete directly with Apple's iPad. Both of these Android tablets are smaller than the iPad, sitting somewhere between a largish touc...
Research in Motion (RIM), makers of BlackBerry smartphones, recently unveiled the "enterprise-ready" 7in touchscreen BlackBerry Playbook tablet, which is set to go head to head with the Apple iPad.
The National Broadband Network will impact every Australian, linking every premises and changing the way we connect with the important things in our lives.
Buying a used car used to mean trekking all the way to a dealership and talking to a car salesperson; possibly one with a disturbing moustache.
Facebook has been in the media spotlight this year over privacy concerns, thanks in part cases such as the horrific murder of Sydney teenager Nona Belomesoff.
Will you ever realistically need unlimited data on your broadband plan each month? Australian ISPs AAPT, TPG and Dodo seem to think so, as they all offer unlimited broadband plans. A number of smaller ISPs also offer unlimited broadband deals.
Cyberspace can expose kids and teens to many dangerous situations. Parents should be aware of these risks and learn ways to keep their children safe.
With the current uncertainty surrounding who is going to govern Australia for the next three years, the future of the National Broadband Network (NBN) is still up in the air. For the time being, NBN Co has frozen all spending and hiring of employees.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Microsoft's "Holoportation" will virtually beam you into another room
- Russia claims it foiled a cyber attack from a foreign spy service
- Intel's silence on Optane SSDs raises questions about launch and focus
- Random iPhone 6s shutdowns due to faulty battery component, Apple says
- Researchers find a way bypass the iOS activation lock
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCIngres DeveloperNSW
- TPProject ManagerVIC
- FTSenior / Lead UX DesignerNSW
- FTWeb Developer/ DesignerWA
- CCJAVA Developer- XML, SOAP, GIS, Web services, SPRINGNSW
- FTDatacentre Solution ArchitectVIC
- CCTest Lead : Perth BasedSA
- CCSupport OfficerSA
- FTManager Integration PlanningNSW
- CCSEM / PPC / Paid Search Specialist - 6 Month Contract RoleNSW
- FTService Desk Consultant - Entry Level / GraduateOther
- CCPMO CoordinatorNSW
- CCSecurity SpecialistVIC
- FTSite Acquisition ManagerSA
- FTSolution DesignerNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- CCAPI DeveloperVIC
- CCSolution ArchitectACT
- CCSystems AdministratorQLD
- FTSoftware Implementation ConsultantVIC
- FTField EngineerVIC
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - AIXVIC
- TPJava Developer - ContractQLD
- CCAutomation TesterNSW
- FTSenior Infrastructure Project ManagerNSW