During FY16 NBN received a $7.1 billion equity injection from the federal government, bringing total equity funding to date to $20.3 billion.
By the end of FY17, NBN is planning to have some 5.4 million premises able to order a National Broadband Network service — adding some 2.5 million premises to the network’s footprint during the year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
A snapshot provided by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of National Broadband Network services reveals that Telstra continues to dominate the NBN market.
Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Michelle Rowland has been appointed shadow minister for communications, with Labor leader Bill Shorten today unveiling a new-look shadow ministry.
Technology platform and rollout debate will not solve traffic congestion or improve the user experience.
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
Up to 2 million more homes will receive fibre to the premises (FTTP) under Labor’s National Broadband Network election policy.
Gary McLaren was chief technology officer at NBN Co and a member of its executive committee through its earliest and most turbulent times.
Gustav Grundin, an associate principle in McKinsey & Co’s Telecommunications, Media and Technology Practice in Asia, claims there is a very close correlation between a nation’s economic performance and its level of connectivity, and says that connect...
Former independent MP Tony Windsor has said that the conflict over the technology used to underpin the National Broadband Network is about politics not the cost of a fibre to the premises (FTTP) rollout.
Shadow infrastructure minister Anthony Albanese has criticised the Coalition’s handling of the National Broadband Network and said that Labor “proposes to deliver fibre-based broadband” in contrast to the “copper-based system” being rolled out by the...
Labor leader Bill Shorten has offered new hints at the shape of the NBN policy that his party will take to the election.
It’s still too early to determine how much effort will be required to whip into shape the elements of Telstra’s copper network that will be used for the National Broadband Network, according to an analysis prepared on behalf of NBN.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTTest Lead - HP ALMNSW
- CCSenior Manager - Infrastructure Supply ChainNSW
- CCContract Senior Web Developer (PHP/Drupal/JAVA) 160808/SWD/vtdAsia
- FTSenior Front End Developer (UX/UI)SA
- FTData AnalystsWA
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Loutus Notes) 160815/SA/102Asia
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCSAP HCM / HR -Sr. Business AnalystNSW
- CCProgram CoordinatorVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (CISCO/Firewall/Network) 160819/SA/423Asia
- CCQuality AnalystNSW
- CCManager Architecture Practice Lead (Infrastructure Architect)NSW
- CCSr. Project Manager- Infrastructure- Data Centre,VirtualizationNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160824/AP/187Asia
- CCProject Manager - PCI DSS / IMACSQLD
- CCNetwork Technology SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Oracle) 160902/AP/625Asia
- FTSenior Business AnalystVIC
- CCSystems Analyst (IT Security/Network & Systems) 160826/SA/652Asia
- CCEnterprise Architect ? Big Data AnalyticsNSW
- CCImplementation ManagerVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst / SalesforceNSW
- FTTechnical Lead | Senior Java Developer | EcommerceNSW
- CCData AnalystACT
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW