NBN has signed an agreement with NetComm Wireless for the supply of distribution point units (DPUs) that will be used in the roll out of ‘fibre to the curb’ (FTTC — also called fibre to the distribution point or FTTdp).
NBN CEO Bill Morrow says there is “broad-based support” among National Broadband Network retail service providers (RSP) for a shift to a modified discount scheme for the capacity-based CVC charge.
In a dramatic change in strategy, Google Fiber has paused plans to roll out fiber optic cables across a number of U.S. cities, as the company reevaluates its strategy to presumably use mainly wireless to provide high-speed Internet service.
The U.S. government will invest tens of millions of dollars in smart-city technologies and in small-satellite broadband as part of a US$300 million package focused on innovation.
NBN will not be using Optus’ hybrid-fibre coaxial (HFC) assets outside of the one area — Redcliffe in Queensland — where they are currently used to provide National Broadband Network connections. Instead the company has announced it will proceed with...
Labor has backed a move by the government to create a joint standing committee that will scrutinise the rollout of the National Broadband Network until its completion, which is expected in 2020.
During FY16 NBN received a $7.1 billion equity injection from the federal government, bringing total equity funding to date to $20.3 billion.
By the end of FY17, NBN is planning to have some 5.4 million premises able to order a National Broadband Network service — adding some 2.5 million premises to the network’s footprint during the year.
The Australian Competition and Consumer Commission will launch a market study of the communications industry that will examine the impact on competition of changes in the sector including the National Broadband Network rollout, the growth in consumer...
A snapshot provided by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission of National Broadband Network services reveals that Telstra continues to dominate the NBN market.
Australia's competition regulator and national consumer law champion, the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC), is calling for consumers to be provided with better information about broadband speeds.
Michelle Rowland has been appointed shadow minister for communications, with Labor leader Bill Shorten today unveiling a new-look shadow ministry.
Technology platform and rollout debate will not solve traffic congestion or improve the user experience.
NBN’s original CEO, Mike Quigley, has joined independent candidate for New England, Tony Windsor, to spruik the potential benefits for regional Australia of returning to a fibre to the premises (FTTP) National Broadband Network rollout.
Up to 2 million more homes will receive fibre to the premises (FTTP) under Labor’s National Broadband Network election policy.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Cisco's all-in-one Spark Board puts the cloud on a wall
- Box launches standalone Notes app to help teams collaborate
- HP recalls over 100,000 more laptop batteries for fire hazard
- Cloud services accounted for half of revenue growth at SAP in 2016
- Court denies US government appeal in Microsoft overseas email case
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCProgram Support OfficerNSW
- TPIT Procurement OfficerQLD
- FTPERMANENT Business AnalystsACT
- TPData AnalystVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSystem Engineer - AdelaideWA
- TPOrganisational Change Manager | CommunitiesQLD
- TPProject Manager - eDRMSQLD
- FTTechnology Testing Co-ordinatorVIC
- FTTSM SpecialistNSW
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- TPWeb DeveloperSA
- TPSenior Business Analyst - Travel and Expense Management SystemQLD
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTNational Manager of Security - We are looking for a strong Leader - Syd CBDNSW
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD
- FTERP Support ConsultantQLD
- CCInfrastructure Business AnalystNSW
- CCSenior Full-stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTSenior Front End Web DeveloperNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTLevel 2 Service DeskNSW