The co-developer of Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) has urged associations and businesses to take action on deploying IPv6, rather than continuing to talk.
Broadband subscribers are faced with more download capacity than ever but are using a smaller fraction than what they purchased, according to a new report into Australian broadband use.
Operator TeliaSonera has joined forces with Samsung Electronics to launch an LTE-equipped laptop, which will go on sale Friday in Sweden, they said on Tuesday.
Femtocells will soon be able to improve home security, personal safety and help integrate smartphones with TVs, laptops and media players, in addition to improving cellular coverage in the home, ABI Research said on Monday.
The number of mobile broadband subscriptions will reach 1 billion before the end of 2011, boosted by faster networks and the growing popularity of smartphones, telecom vendor Ericsson said on Monday.
Primus Telecom has launched a hotline for customers affected by flooding in Queensland. The service will let customers divert their landline number, request restoration of phone or Internet services and apply for their bills to be waived during the p...
The number of superfast broadband connections in the UK looks set to exceed 600,000 by the end of 2011, says <a href="http://www.point-topic.com">Point Topic</a>.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's vote Tuesday to approve new network neutrality rules received mixed reviews, with broadband provider Verizon Communications appearing to question the agency's legal authority.
Michael Copps, the swing vote at the U.S. Federal Communications Commission for a set of network neutrality rules, said Monday he will vote for the proposal.
Cloud sync service Dropbox has announced the final release of its client software. Dropbox 1.0 "Rainbow Shell" comes with performance increases, courtesy of a reduction in resources used by the program, as well as hundreds of bug fixes. However, the ...
Which American city will receive Google's experimental fiber network? We'll have to wait a while longer to find out, it seems.
National broadband company iiNet has extended its popular BoB integrated ADSL router product line with what it has billed as the first product to come out of its new in-house development labs -- a younger sibling dubbed BoB Lite.
Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, has used Australia's falling OECD broadband penetration ratings as evidence that the National Broadband Network is needed.
A number of different technologies are being developed or improved to offer higher speeds for fixed and mobile broadband networks, as operators are preparing to compete with each other and carry video traffic in 3D and at higher resolutions, which is...
Optus has finally brought out a 1TB plan after its competitors kickstarted the terabyte trend.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- All coverage from Computex 2016
- This malware pretends to be WhatsApp, Uber and Google Play
- Traffic tickets got you down? This UK robo-lawyer has already saved users millions
- Resold hard drives on eBay, Craigslist are often still ripe with leftover data
- Too many IoT networks? Cisco just bet on this one
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- FTEnvironments Lead (Linux/ Automation)VIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCJava Developer with Oracle database experience | Defence intelligence | NV1ACT
- CCSystem AnalystACT
- CCLead Solution Analyst - BMC Remedy softwareVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (HTML/SQL/PHP) 160628/AP/113Asia
- CCProject Manager - IT SecurityNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160616/AP/185Asia
- CCAgile Business AnalystNSW
- CCLead UX DesignerNSW
- CCSecurity Solution ArchitectQLD
- CCIntegration ArchitectACT
- CCTechnology DeveloperVIC
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- FTSenior Java Developer (Java/Maven/AEM)NSW
- CC.net DeveloperACT
- CCTenable Security - Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCITSM ConsultantNSW
- CCDynamics CRM DeveloperNSW