Wireless auctions using spectrum voluntarily given up by television stations could raise US$33 billion or more for the cash-strapped U.S. treasury, according to a new paper from two tech-related trade groups.
Whitespace devices, LTE, femtocells, automatic Wi-Fi handover, optimized backhaul networks: wireless operators are already deploying a wide range of techniques to speed the flow of data to our smartphones, and equipment manufacturers are demonstratin...
Two government agencies handing out more than US$7 billion for broadband deployment should reexamine grants to projects that overlap existing broadband service, and they should return any funds that go unspent, several Republican members of the U.S. ...
Ninety-eight percent of U.S. residents would have access to high-speed mobile broadband service within five years under a plan that President Barack Obama detailed Thursday.
Broadband deployment can happen faster in the U.S. if government agencies remove some road blocks, several members of the telecom industry told the U.S. Federal Communications Commission Wednesday.
Ericsson is joining the move towards using smaller mobile base stations, announcing Ericsson Air (antenna integrated radio), which aims to reduce power consumption while expanding coverage to more areas, it said on Tuesday.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission took a major step Tuesday toward ending subsidies for traditional telephone service in rural areas and redirecting the money to broadband deployment.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will unveil a proposal Tuesday to phase out subsidies for traditional telephone service to rural areas, with the money transferred to a broadband deployment program.
Alcatel-Lucent's next-generation mobile networks will use slimmed-down base stations that can be placed almost anywhere in order to improve coverage and mobile broadband performance, and cut costs for operators, the company said on Monday.
With the issue of network neutrality behind the U.S. Federal Communications Commission -- at least temporarily -- the agency must turn its focus to freeing up wireless spectrum, reforming telecom subsidies and promoting broadband deployment and adopt...
The GreenTouch Consortium demonstrated its work Tuesday into how using large-scale antenna systems and virtual modems, along with splitting mobile networks into two parts, can help reduce energy consumption of operator networks by a factor of 1000.
Ericsson has demonstrated HSPA (High-Speed Packet Access) with download speeds up to 168M bps (bits per second) and 24M bps on the uplink, the company said on Monday.
Have you wondered how your Internet Service Provider stacks up against the competition when it comes to delivering streaming video to your home? It seems Netflix has been wondering, too, so today it launched what will be a monthly feature at its tech...
The co-developer of Internet Protocol version 4 (IPv4) has urged associations and businesses to take action on deploying IPv6, rather than continuing to talk.
Broadband subscribers are faced with more download capacity than ever but are using a smaller fraction than what they purchased, according to a new report into Australian broadband use.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- OpenVPN will be audited for security flaws
- AMD strengthens gaming and VR on Linux with graphics improvements
- AMD's Radeon Software Crimson ReLive debuts with features galore
- Moore's Law lives on with speedy 7-nm mobile chips coming in 2018
- U.S. and U.K. spy agencies have been intercepting in-flight phone calls for years
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCSenior Agile Java/Spring/AngularJS Software EngineerNSW
- CCService Desk Consultant - SYDNEY ROLE (baseline clearance)ACT
- CCAccount Executive - SMEVIC
- FTProject ManagerOther
- FTLead Software EngineerQLD
- FTPractice AdvisorNSW
- CCApplication Specialist (Cerner) - Brisbane basedOther
- FTInfrastructure and Data Centre Support OfficerACT
- FTFront End DeveloperVIC
- FTSenior C++ EngineerACT
- FTOperations SupportNSW
- FTMarketing Automation DeveloperVIC
- CCMainframe Developer (with ASP.NET)SA
- FTBusiness Intelligence Technical AnalystVIC
- CCSIEM SpecialistVIC
- CCPerformance Test AnalystACT
- FTTechnical Customer SupportQLD
- CCPMO Lead/ ManagerACT
- FTSoftware Developer - LMSNSW
- FTSolutions Architect - Data Centre/ NetworkVIC
- FTFull Stack Web Developer .NET or JAVANSW
- TPBusiness Change ManagerQLD
- CCIteration Manager / Scrum MasterSA
- CCSenior Software Engineer Developer | 6mthsVIC
- CCSuperannuation Research ConsultantACT