The Federal Communications Commission Spectrum Task Force laid out preliminary ideas on Friday for making frequencies now used for satellite services available for conventional mobile broadband.
DevFest AU, an Australia event for developers hosted by Google, will kick off in Sydney in June.
Telstra has revamped its home fixed line and broadband bundles. Three new bundles have been introduced, each of which will continue to provide unlimited local calls, along with either capped or unlimited STD calls.
The International Telecommunication Union on Friday gave final approval to G.hn, a standard for high-speed home networking that spans coaxial cable, electrical wiring and phone lines.
The average mobile broadband speed in Australia has improved by 68 per cent since 2008, according to market analysis firm IDC. IDC research shows that standard speeds across all four Australian mobile broadband networks reached 2941 kilobits per seco...
The Internet Industry Association (IIA) has released a new voluntary code of practice for Australian ISPs, in a bid to improve Internet safety standards nationwide.
Australian ISP Exetel has moved to terminate a number of unprofitable accounts, asking some users of its broadband service to move to another provider. In addition, according to a newsletter sent to customers yesterday, the "off-peak" period, which d...
NetComm today launched 'MyZone', a mobile 3G Wi-Fi router that will initially be sold exclusively through official Apple retail stores.
A joint discussion paper released by the Australian and New Zealand governments reveals that mobile roaming charges for people moving between the two countries are "relatively high"
About 26 per cent of the world's population were online at the end of 2009, and mobile telephony is booming with the number of mobile subscribers likely to reach the 5 billion mark this year, according to a report released Tuesday by the Internationa...
Telstra has reduced excess usage charges on its business broadband plans and increased the speed of connections where possible. Excess data charges have been halved and now capped at $400 per month. Other customers who have eligible Telstra Business ...
Primus Telecom today revealed prices for its Tasmanian fibre-to-the-home (FTTH) services as part of the National Broadband Network (NBN). Customers residing at Midway Point, Smithton and Scottsdale in Tasmania can already order the new FTTH services ...
iiNet is convinced the Federal Court will reaffirm and strengthen its earlier copyright judgement which cleared the company of copyright breaches.
Skype today launched a Web-based tool to help small and medium sized businesses manage access to the Internet telephony service. Skype Manager replaces Skype Business Control Panel.
The Rudd Government's Budget has seen further funds allocated to help build the National Broadband Network (NBN, including $16 million for a two-year advertising campaign about the project.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Bose SoundLink on-ear Bluetooth headphones
- 2 Apple iPhone 6 Plus: An in depth review
- 3 Medion Akoya P2214T (MD99430) hybrid laptop
- 4 HTC One Mini 2 android smartphone
- 5 Oppo Find 7 Android smartphone
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Latest News Articles
- Google Nexus 9 pre-sales start at $479
- Acer launches four Chrome devices under $400
- China again blames US for disrupted cybersecurity talks
- The cheapest way to buy an iPad from Apple
- Is your Ethernet fast enough? Four new speeds are in the works
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTDigital Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTBusiness ManagerNSW
- FTSales Account ExecutiveNSW
- FTTechnical Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTAccount ExecutiveNSW
- FTPartner Marketing Communications Manager - Leading Global Tech BrandNSW
- FTBusiness Development Manager | Sales ManagerNSW
- CCConsumer Product Marketing ManagerNSW
- FTMarketing Communications Operations Manager - Global Tech Market leaderNSW
- FTBusiness development manager - retargettingNSW