Brits with a copper telephone line will be forced to fork out £6 per year to fund the government's 2Mbps broadband-for-all plan.
Without broadband, Becky Collins would be out of business.
Australian ISP Internode has announced a $10 million network expansion plan that will almost double the capacity of its ADSL2+ broadband network.
Vodafone has expanded its range of mobile broadband and laptop bundles with a deal that includes the Acer Aspire 5535.
AAPT today launched what it claims are Australia’s first ADSL2+ "unlimited" broadband download plans. The three AAPT LiveNet Unlimited plans include unmetered downloads between 2am and 8am EST.
New York City-based think tank Intelligent Community Forum has named Stockholm, Sweden, as the 2009 Intelligent Community of the Year. The annual gathering of global best-practices communities emphasized a "culture of use," not just access to broadba...
Clearwire has selected Cisco to supply equipment for its 4G mobile WiMAX network buildout. The deal appears to be Cisco's biggest WiMAX win, though terms weren't disclosed.
Virgin Media has joined forces with Channel 4 and BSkyB in a bid to help the government tackle internet piracy.
The UK Film Council, along with a number of other industry bodies and trade unions, is urging the government to ban illegal downloaders from the net.
On average, Brits are getting less than half the broadband speed they pay for, says Broadband Genie.
Slow Wi-Fi connections in urban areas may be caused by baby monitors and other unlicensed devices that operate on the 2.4GHz band, says Ofcom.
Telecom company Ericsson has said that its fibre technology is connecting homes in India for the first time to a breadth of high-end data, TV and communications services.
Virgin Media has revealed that following successful labs trials, it is publicly testing 200Mbps broadband access.
More major milestones have been passed in Singapore's journey towards the landmark next generation national broadband network (Next Gen NBN).
The bush will only get marginally better broadband despite the government's $250 million splurge to lay more fibre cable.
Latest News Articles
- North Korea embarks on Internet purge of executed official
- Marketers excited about Gmail image display changes
- EFF criticizes Google for removing 'vital privacy feature' with Android 4.4.2
- ARM targets mobile gaming with Geomerics acquisition
- Electronic Arts aims for realism with FIFA 14
Most Popular Articles
- 1 What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- 2 Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- 3 Windows 7 Home Premium vs. Windows 7 Professional
- 4 How do I connect my TV to the Internet?
- 5 Samsung’s 2013 Smart TVs: everything you need to know
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
Best Deals on GoodGearGuide
Best Deals on PCWorld
- Printers & ScannersView all »
- NotebooksView all »
- TabletsView all »
- Mobile PhonesView all »
- Networking, Wireless & VoIPView all »