Many broadband consumers think they understand the concept of bandwidth without always factoring how applications have an impact on it, a survey has found.
Basketball Australia announced yesterday that Internet service provider iiNet will be the naming rights partner for the National Basketball League. The sponsorship will see the competition known as the iiNet NBL Championship.
Internode has the most satisfied customers of any ISP in Australia, according to a study released on 10 September by brand ratings company Canstar Blue.
Dodo yesterday launched a three terabyte ADSL2+ broadband plan with no peak/off-peak split.
Three trade groups representing U.S. businesses have called on the U.S. Federal Communications Commission to back away from plans to create formal network neutrality rules, saying new regulations could hurt innovation and development of broadband to ...
SingTel Optus has been called to the principal's office by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission again after alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act for misinformation in its 'Think Bigger' and 'Supersonic' broadband plan promotional...
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's Labor victory yesterday opened the boom gate for the National Broadband Network Company to get back into full gear after it put a freeze on tender awards and restricted spending in the limbo that was the post-election p...
The major players in Australia's telecommunications and IT industries were out in force yesterday to comment on the news that Labor would win Government and its flagship National Broadband Network project would go ahead. Most welcomed the news, altho...
The outspoken chief executive of internet service provider Exetel has issued a blunt reaction to the news that the National Broadband Network project is likely to go ahead: "God help us all".
Tony Abbott has warned Julia Gillard's government-in-waiting that the Opposition will be "hyper-vigilant" in its monitoring of Labor's National Broadband Network project for screw-ups.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard yesterday invited Australians to reflect on the significance of Labor’s National Broadband Network project going ahead, with its potential to deliver equivalent telecommunications pricing for the bush with metropolitan Au...
The broadband policy which the Coalition has repeatedly described as a "white elephant" gained its freedom today with the long-awaited news that Labor will form government with the support of the Greens and three independent MPs.
Federal Independent MP Bob Katter today claimed that there was little difference between the broadband policies of the two major parties at a press conference this afternoon, where he announced his support for the Coalition.
Telstra today delivered a handful of fixes and updates to its BigPond broadband services to include faster shaped speeds, transferrable email addresses, free customer service calls and up to 15 free mailboxes.
Australia might still be waiting to find out which of the major parties will form Government following the election two weeks ago, but one thing appears clear: The three independents yet to make up their mind which side they will support are still gi...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 2 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
- 3 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 4 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 5 Huawei Mate 8 review: probably the best all-round Android phone you can buy
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- How to stop hackers from reaching your deleted files
- WikiLeaks' methods questioned by whistleblower Edward Snowden
- Six quick steps to start a Digital Detox
- FBI said to investigate possible hack of another Democratic Party organization
- Telstra increases NBN market share
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSocial Media AssistantQLD
- CCPractice Lead - Java, FrontendVIC
- CCContract Systems Analyst (Linux/MySQL) 1600803/SA/255Asia
- CCSolution Architect - Supply ChainNSW
- FTIT Helpdesk (Microsoft)NSW
- CCMessaging EngineerNSW
- FTSAP FS-PM/FS-PQM SpecialistVIC
- FTPortfolio Governance ConsultantNSW
- FTJDE DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical/Solutions ArchitectVIC
- FTBusiness Intelligence - Policy and Governance ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical Architect - CloudNSW
- CCDesktop Engineer (SCCM/SOE)WA
- CCSQL DeveloperNSW
- FTAgile Coach / Training & Support ManagerNSW
- CCTest ManagerNSW
- FTApplication Support AnalystSA
- FTSQL DATA AnalyticsNSW
- CCOracle Pl/SQL DeveloperNSW
- CCIT/Telco Graduate | 12mth ContractVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst/ Scrum MasterNSW
- CCSAP MM / Ariba Functional ConsultantNSW
- FTPortfolio & Program Management ManagerVIC
- CCStrategic Business AnalystNSW
- FTDesktop Specialist - Application PackagingACT