SingTel Optus has been called to the principal's office by the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission again after alleged breaches of the Trade Practices Act for misinformation in its 'Think Bigger' and 'Supersonic' broadband plan promotional...
Prime Minister Julia Gillard's Labor victory yesterday opened the boom gate for the National Broadband Network Company to get back into full gear after it put a freeze on tender awards and restricted spending in the limbo that was the post-election p...
The major players in Australia's telecommunications and IT industries were out in force yesterday to comment on the news that Labor would win Government and its flagship National Broadband Network project would go ahead. Most welcomed the news, altho...
The outspoken chief executive of internet service provider Exetel has issued a blunt reaction to the news that the National Broadband Network project is likely to go ahead: "God help us all".
Tony Abbott has warned Julia Gillard's government-in-waiting that the Opposition will be "hyper-vigilant" in its monitoring of Labor's National Broadband Network project for screw-ups.
Prime Minister Julia Gillard yesterday invited Australians to reflect on the significance of Labor’s National Broadband Network project going ahead, with its potential to deliver equivalent telecommunications pricing for the bush with metropolitan Au...
The broadband policy which the Coalition has repeatedly described as a "white elephant" gained its freedom today with the long-awaited news that Labor will form government with the support of the Greens and three independent MPs.
Federal Independent MP Bob Katter today claimed that there was little difference between the broadband policies of the two major parties at a press conference this afternoon, where he announced his support for the Coalition.
Telstra today delivered a handful of fixes and updates to its BigPond broadband services to include faster shaped speeds, transferrable email addresses, free customer service calls and up to 15 free mailboxes.
Australia might still be waiting to find out which of the major parties will form Government following the election two weeks ago, but one thing appears clear: The three independents yet to make up their mind which side they will support are still gi...
Internode has become the latest internet service provider to launch an ADSL broadband plan featuring a terabyte of broadband quota.
One of the signatories to a national broadband proposal unveiled at the eleventh hour to rival Labor's own long-running NBN project has accused vendors and telcos of stirring up hype for a fibre-optic cable future in line with a view to serving their...
A splinter group of rebel telecommunications players have broken with their Australian brethren's long-standing support for Labor's National Broadband Network policy, publishing their own, "NBN 3.0" model in an apparent attempt to influence the indep...
Sierra Wireless on Monday announced the AirPrime MC8801, a module that will allow makers of laptops, netbooks and tablets to integrate mobile broadband using HSPA+ (High-Speed Packet Access) at download speeds up to 42M bps (bits per second) into the...
Australian mobile network operator Telstra has become the first operator to launch a mobile broadband service using HSPA+ at 42M bps (bits per second), it said on Monday.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- If Tim Burton made a robot, this would be it
- Here's how NASCAR is digitizing race day
- Should Microsoft release a successor to Surface 3?
- Researchers steal data from a PC by controllng the noise from the fans
- The 'summer of AI' is here, this startup chief says
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCSharePoint AdministratorNSW
- CCTechnical Writer | Experimental military technology | NV1ACT
- CCBusiness Analyst- Process Mapping Specialist- Gov / Bank backgdNSW
- CCx2 AEM Frontend/UI DevelopersVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- FTInfrastructure/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCTechnical OfficerACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCBusiness Analyst - Asset ManagementNSW
- CCBusiness AnalystACT
- FTSolution Architect - Data/ InformationVIC
- CCAEM Backend DeveloperVIC
- CCDevOps /Systems AdministratorQLD
- FTNetwork EngineerNSW
- FTVoice ArchitectNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCInside Sales Specialist / Customer Service - TelecommunicationsNSW
- FTSystems application support analystNSW
- CCSenior Java DeveloperACT
- CCSalesforce DeveloperVIC
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- FTIT Project ManagerAsia
- FTTechnical COE SpecialistACT
- CCSystem Engineer (DevOps)WA
- CCSAP Application Delivery LeadVIC