Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
U.S. communities looking for faster broadband service than incumbent ISPs provide have alternatives to the increasingly controversial choice of seeking to publicly fund a network, according to a new handbook for city officials.
The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
Alcatel-Lucent and chipmaker Sckipio Technologies are debuting modem technology that will help make speeds of hundreds of megabit per second over copper cables a reality.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to require the Federal Communications Commission to suspend new net neutrality rules until a series of lawsuits challenging the regulations are resolved.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will consider including broadband within a controversial program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people.
The number of people using the Internet is growing at a steady rate, but 4.2 billion out of 7.4 billion will still be offline by the end of the year.
Charter Communications is said to be near a US$55 billion acquisition of Time Warner Cable, a deal that would create a broadband powerhouse in the U.S.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission is facing a new, novel challenge to its recent net neutrality rules: a communications law firm is arguing the regulations aren't strong enough.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has denied the requests of several broadband providers and trade groups asking the agency to delay its net neutrality rules.
A lack of broadband service is limiting the deployment of telemedicine services in some places of the U.S., and not just remote rural areas, some experts say.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 2 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 3 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 4 Witness a 241% Australian price hike: Dell Latitude 7370 review
- 5 Is this the best value phone on the market? Moto G4 Plus review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Medical device security ignites an ethics firestorm
- Got big data? Check out these 100 best practices for keeping it secure
- Mozilla launches free website security scanning service
- Privacy Shield data transfer agreement now shelters 200 companies
- Dropbox prompts certain users to change their passwords
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCDevOps Engineer - Php, LAMP, XML, scripting, JavaNSW
- CCChange Manager/ Advisor- operational environmentNSW
- FTMicrosoft Enterprise Project Management - Technical ConsultantACT
- CCOpen_2pm_29/8_Teradata Database AdministratorACT
- CCContract Programmer (Data/File Backup Technology) 160826/P/283Asia
- CCProject Resource SpecialistVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/Unix/Linux/Web) 160819/AP/173Asia
- CCDesktop Support AnalystNSW
- CCComms project specialistVIC
- CCProject Coordinator (Paying $400-$450 per day)NSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (IT Application/Web) 160825/AP/183Asia
- FTSenior Full Stack .Net DeveloperNSW
- FTChange Management Specialist - IT Service ManagementNSW
- CCAutomation ManagerNSW
- CCSenior Technology Specialist - Back-end Java/JEENSW
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- FTBusiness Development Manager | ICT intelligent systems integrationVIC
- FTDigital Product Owner | Advertising Technology | SearchNSW
- FTIT Security & Risk ManagerNSW
- CCSoftware test engineer - Telecom/NetworkACT
- FTTM1 Solution DesignerNSW
- CCSenior Technical Specialist - Active DirectoryVIC
- CCSenior Solutions Architect - SIEMVIC
- CCChange ManagerNSW
- FTCapacity PlannerNSW