NBN will push ahead with a discounting scheme for one of the major charges it levies on retail service providers (RSPs) that sell services over the National Broadband Network.
Shadow Communications Minister, Jason Clare, has slammed the Liberal Party’s takeover of the National Broadband Network following new research showing a substantial drop in world rankings for average peak connection speed.
A new report has revealed Australia’s comparatively slow progress in Internet speed and broadband adoption compared to other nations.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
U.S. communities looking for faster broadband service than incumbent ISPs provide have alternatives to the increasingly controversial choice of seeking to publicly fund a network, according to a new handbook for city officials.
The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
Alcatel-Lucent and chipmaker Sckipio Technologies are debuting modem technology that will help make speeds of hundreds of megabit per second over copper cables a reality.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
A U.S. appeals court has denied requests by several broadband providers and trade groups to delay the Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules while they challenge the regulations.
A U.S. House of Representatives subcommittee has voted to require the Federal Communications Commission to suspend new net neutrality rules until a series of lawsuits challenging the regulations are resolved.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Snowden allowed to stay in Russia longer
- Your car's parts could one day be made by a printer
- How to turn off Chrome notifications and stop websites from bugging you
- Oracle patches raft of vulnerabilities in business applications
- Microsoft's Cortana is headed to the Android lock screen
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTBrand Marketing Manager - Premium Entertainment BrandNSW
- TPPrincipal Business Analyst - DAFFQLD
- TPService Desk AnalystVIC
- FTSalesforce Technical Business AnalystQLD
- FTTest Analyst - HealthcareVIC
- CCProject CoordinatorVIC
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)Other
- CCFIS Connex Developer (Brisbane Based)VIC
- CCPeoplesoft SpecialistACT
- CCBusiness AnalystNSW
- TPSenior Project Manager - Digital Application CX TransformationNSW
- PTVBA Analyst Programmer - Permanent / Part Time (3 days per week)QLD
- FTSAP Business Objects ConsultantACT
- FTTechnical Support RepresentativeNSW
- TPProject Manager - SAPQLD
- FTLinux EngineerNSW
- FTNode.js/API DeveloperNSW
- CCDevops EngineerVIC
- FTFront End UI DeveloperQLD
- CCBiztalk DeveloperQLD
- FTJava DeveloperSA
- TPService Delivery ManagerQLD
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTJunior-Mid Level Implementation CoordinatorQLD