The technology mix of the National Broadband Network has begun to tilt towards fibre to the node (FTTN), but figures from the Australian Bureau of Statistics reveal that fibre to the premises (FTTP) was the fastest growing Internet access technology ...
The changing usage patterns of Australian broadband customers means that one of the key revenue streams for NBN — the Connectivity Virtual Circuit (CVC) charge — needs a major rethink, according to Optus’ head of regulatory affairs, David Epstein.
NBN will push ahead with a discounting scheme for one of the major charges it levies on retail service providers (RSPs) that sell services over the National Broadband Network.
Shadow Communications Minister, Jason Clare, has slammed the Liberal Party’s takeover of the National Broadband Network following new research showing a substantial drop in world rankings for average peak connection speed.
A new report has revealed Australia’s comparatively slow progress in Internet speed and broadband adoption compared to other nations.
At 6.30am (AEST) the nbn's first broadband satellite, Sky Muster, successfully lifted into orbit, blasting 36,000kms into space from Guiana Space Centre in South America.
Foxtel is more than doubling its broadband data allowances after its bundled plans lead to a growth spurt in subscribers.
Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Small mobile carriers lost a battle Thursday when the U.S. Federal Communications Commission declined to make it easier for them to get access to a reserved slice of spectrum during a 2016 auction of television spectrum.
Qualcomm has entered into an agreement to acquire Ikanos Communications in order to speed up its efforts to build home gateways with integrated support for G.fast, which promises to offer hundreds of megabit per second over copper.
U.S. communities looking for faster broadband service than incumbent ISPs provide have alternatives to the increasingly controversial choice of seeking to publicly fund a network, according to a new handbook for city officials.
The availability of really fast broadband in your neighborhood could increase your home's value by more than 3 percent.
Predictions from net neutrality opponents that regulations would choke off broadband investment haven't come true, with several service providers announcing expansions in the four months since the U.S. Federal Communications Commission passed new rul...
Alcatel-Lucent and chipmaker Sckipio Technologies are debuting modem technology that will help make speeds of hundreds of megabit per second over copper cables a reality.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission's net neutrality rules went into effect Friday, after an appeals court denied multiple requests to delay them while the agency faces 10 lawsuits challenging the regulations.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- 2 Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- 3 Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- 4 LG G6 phone: full, in-depth review
- 5 Samsung Galaxy A5 2017 phone: Full, in-depth review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- NSA ends surveillance tactic that pulled in citizens' emails, texts
- Stealthy Mac malware spies on encrypted browser traffic
- Microsoft reinstates My People for Windows 10, connecting you to your BFFs
- This overclocked EVGA GTX 1050 Ti costs less than reference models
- Google's Chrome will soon start warning you more about HTTP pages
PCW Evaluation Team
A smarter way to print for busy small business owners, combining speedy printing with scanning and copying, making it easier to produce high quality documents and images at a touch of a button.
I've had a multifunction printer in the office going on 10 years now. It was a neat bit of kit back in the day -- print, copy, scan, fax -- when printing over WiFi felt a bit like magic. It’s seen better days though and an upgrade’s well overdue. This HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 looks like it ticks all the same boxes: print, copy, scan, and fax. (Really? Does anyone fax anything any more? I guess it's good to know the facility’s there, just in case.) Printing over WiFi is more-or- less standard these days.
As a freelance writer who is always on the go, I like my technology to be both efficient and effective so I can do my job well. The HP OfficeJet Pro 8730 Inkjet Printer ticks all the boxes in terms of form factor, performance and user interface.
I’d happily recommend this touchscreen laptop and Windows 10 as a great way to get serious work done at a desk or on the road.
Ultimately, I think the Windows 10 environment is excellent for me as it caters for so many different uses. The inclusion of the Xbox app is also great for when you need some downtime too!
For me, the Xbox Play Anywhere is a great new feature as it allows you to play your current Xbox games with higher resolutions and better graphics without forking out extra cash for another copy. Although available titles are still scarce, but I’m sure it will grow in time.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 phone: full, in-depth review
- Ryzen 5 vs Intel Core i5 CPU Australian review
- Mass Effect Andromeda review: One for the fans
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTSenior MS Dynamics CRM Technical ConsultantVIC
- FTIT Service Desk Manager - Team LeaderNSW
- FTProject Engineer - Newcastle BasedNSW
- FTHRIS Systems Support Analyst (Kronos)NSW
- FTSystem AnalystSA
- FTSoftware Engineer - Build/Image MaintenanceACT
- FTCampaign ManagerNSW
- TPSenior SQL Database AdministratorNSW
- CCEnd User Services ArchitectNSW
- CCSenior Full-Stack Developer (Digital Transformation Project)QLD
- FTSenior Sales Operations AnalystNSW
- CCBusiness Specialist - Data ManagementNSW
- FTFront End .Net Developer. Permanent job . ACT LocationACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW
- FTProject Manager - Data MigrationNSW
- FTSystems Engineer | MSP backgroundVIC
- FTSenior PHP Developer / ArchitectQLD
- FTAsst. Director - Claim Analysis. Work Location - CanberraACT
- FTSales Lead / Sales Executive - Enterprise IT Healthcare Perm - North RydeNSW
- CCSharepoint DeveloperNSW
- FTProject Manager (Cyber Security) - Permanent - IT Services - North Ryde areaNSW
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTCRM Technical Specialist (Oracle Eloqua)WA
- FTNetwork EngineerSA
- FTLevel 2 HelpdeskVIC