The U.S. Federal Communications Commission plans to vote on new net neutrality rules during its February meeting.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission will adopt net neutrality rules in early 2015, maybe as soon as February, several observers believe, but few people want to predict what those rules will look like.
Work follows millions of people home every night, and Comcast Business wants to take that bittersweet reality to another level.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission should weigh in on net neutrality and encourage its sister agency, the Federal Communications Commission, to back away from calls to regulate broadband like a public utility, a group of 32 academics said.
A technology that lets copper telephone wires compete with fiber has finally been standardized, opening the way for affordable, interoperable equipment running at up to 1Gbps.
With China's Internet growth slowing, the country is opening up the broadband provider market to private enterprises as part of government sponsored trial.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has no public timeline for voting on proposed net neutrality rules, despite pressure from President Barack Obama and some net neutrality advocates.
A proposed US$0.16 fee increase on your telephone bill would go toward improving Internet access for kids in school and libraries.
U.S. President Barack Obama's call for the Federal Communications Commission to pass net neutrality rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated public utility is a bad idea that could raise broadband prices by 16 percent or more, a parade of Repu...
U.S. President Barack Obama, in a strong net neutrality policy statement, has given the Federal Communications Commission the political cover it needs to move ahead with new rules by reclassifying broadband as a regulated utility.
U.S. President Barack Obama has made his strongest statement on net neutrality to date, calling on the Federal Communications Commission to reclassify broadband as a regulated utility, and to prohibit broadband providers from charging Web content pro...
In the fractious debate over net neutrality, efforts to strike a compromise don't seem to be working. A proposal reportedly favored by a top U.S. regulator is drawing fire from groups on both sides of the issue, with 70 pro-net neutrality groups spea...
A controversial U.S. Federal Communications Commission program that subsidizes telephone or mobile service for poor people needs to move into the 21st century by expanding into broadband, a broadband advocacy group said.
Verizon Communications seems to be softening its stance against net neutrality rules, suggesting it could live with a basic set of regulations.
The U.S. Federal Communications Commission said Friday that it remains open to a range of options for new net neutrality rules, following a news report saying it is leaning toward a controversial approach that regulates one piece of broadband service...
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia X Performance review: Sony’s most disappointing product in years
- 2 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 3 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 4 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 5 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- BMW teams up with Intel, Mobileye to make a self-driving car by 2021
- Scrutiny of Google's tax liabilities intensifies with Spanish raid
- Should Netflix refund its geoblocked customers for their inconvenience?
- Innovation: Not with a boom but a whisper
- HPE has won US$3 billion in a lawsuit against Oracle
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC
- CCProject Manager - Digital / MediaNSW
- CCSystems Engineer / Applications Scripting DeveloperSA
- FTSenior Manager Practice LeadNSW
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- CCSharePoint Consultant - Office 365NSW
- CCSnr IT Project Manager - Contact CentreVIC
- CCMaster Scheduler - IT Infrastructure ProgramsNSW
- CCSenior Change Manager, Financial ServicesNSW
- CCContract System Analyst (Renewable Contract)Asia
- CCBusiness Analyst - TravelNSW
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/J2EE/SQL) 160628/P/133Asia
- CCMiddleware Developer - BaselineACT
- CCWindows 2003-2012 R2 Active Directory Consultant/ManagerNSW
- CCChange Manager, Digital ProgramNSW
- CCPMO ManagerVIC
- CCSharepoint Developer | Air Force project | NV1 clearanceNSW
- CCContract Programmer (IT Security/Website Admin) 160617/P/564Asia
- CCService Desk ConsultantVIC
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCHybrid Mobile App DeveloperNSW
- CCOracle iLearning Business AnalystNSW
- CCSolution DesignerACT
- FTProject Coordinator / AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Performance & Automation EngineerNSW