Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Avago Technologies has agreed to buy Broadcom in a deal that will create a networking chip giant with a wide variety of products, including components for the burgeoning IoT sector.
Lenovo smartphone lets users interact with projected images...Google tipped to overhaul payments scheme...FCC will clamp down on spam texts...and more tech news.
Avago Technologies is in advanced talks to acquire Broadcom in a potential deal that could mark the latest consolidation in the global semiconductor industry, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
Apple's efforts to allow people to control household appliances from their iPhones through the company's HomeKit framework are gaining momentum.
Broadcom and Freescale Semiconductor have announced switching platforms that promise to improve the performance of network virtualization and make the underlying technologies more widely available.
Uber poaches Facebook security chief... Your next PC could take mobile payments... EU investigates Apple's streaming music plans... and more tech news
Chipmaker Broadcom wants to increase the number of devices that can accept mobile payments with a new microcontroller for PCs and IoT products.
There's a standard in the works for Ethernet gear to feed faster Wi-Fi access points, but with rival industry groups pushing two different specifications, it might take a while to finish.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
The Internet of Things may have been the talk of the tech industry for months now, but communications chip maker Broadcom thinks it's just getting started.
Some top hardware companies have established a new Internet of Things consortium to create standards so that billions of devices can connect to each other.
A collaborative, nonprofit foundation has been started by a group of technology companies to boost the adoption of the MIPS processor architecture.
Chip maker Broadcom has announced a new specification along with software and APIs to improve the performance of OpenFlow switches and to make it easier for hardware vendors to build products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 2 Sony Xperia XZ review: turbo-charged last-gen phone
- 3 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 4 Sony X9300D and X8500D UHD 4K TV review
- 5 Moto X Force review: Leading features from a mid-range phone
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Gallipoli is now an amazing video game
- U.S. indicts Russian for hacking LinkedIn, Dropbox, Formspring
- An IoT botnet is partly behind Friday's massive DDOS attack
- Bankers plan to give Corda blockchain code to Hyperledger project
- Easy-to-exploit rooting flaw puts Linux computers at risk
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: The new best Android phone
- Japan Robot, gadget and car expo slideshow
- Panasonic DX900U UHD 4K smart TV review: Best all-round TV ever?
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- CCNetwork Designer/ConsultantVIC
- CCSenior Project Specialist - SchedulingVIC
- CCTest Lead with HP ALMACT
- FTHands-on Service Desk Team LeadNSW
- CCIT Data AnalystACT
- CCQlikview DeveloperNSW
- CCInfrastructure Project Manager - Site MoveNSW
- FTSenior programmer / ProgrammerAsia
- CCSystem & Network EngineerVIC
- FTSoftware Development ManagerNSW
- CCSiebel DeveloperACT
- FTProject ManagerSA
- FTScrum MasterNSW
- FTData Governance Project Manager | 6 month ContractNSW
- FTSenior Analyst ProgrammerNSW
- FTSOE ConsultantACT
- CCQA Test Lead- Digital, Mobile, UX, AGILE, CloudNSW
- CCProgram ManagerACT
- CCDevOps/Automation EngineerNSW
- CCContract Senior Systems Analyst (J2EE/JAVA/Web) 161012/SSA/552Asia
- CCNetwork AdministratorVIC
- CCSenior Consultant, Enterpreneur in ResidenceVIC
- CCIteration ManagerVIC
- CCDemand ManagerNSW
- CCFront End Developer - Mid LevelNSW