Chipset vendors such as Broadcom and STMicroelectronics have launched products that'll make it possible to offer gigabit speeds over fiber as well as over copper and cable networks.
Chipsets that power equipment capable of smoothly moving 4K video streams inside homes over wireless and wired networks were on display at the Computex trade show.
Avago Technologies has agreed to buy Broadcom in a deal that will create a networking chip giant with a wide variety of products, including components for the burgeoning IoT sector.
Lenovo smartphone lets users interact with projected images...Google tipped to overhaul payments scheme...FCC will clamp down on spam texts...and more tech news.
Avago Technologies is in advanced talks to acquire Broadcom in a potential deal that could mark the latest consolidation in the global semiconductor industry, according to a report in the Wall Street Journal.
Apple's efforts to allow people to control household appliances from their iPhones through the company's HomeKit framework are gaining momentum.
Broadcom and Freescale Semiconductor have announced switching platforms that promise to improve the performance of network virtualization and make the underlying technologies more widely available.
Uber poaches Facebook security chief... Your next PC could take mobile payments... EU investigates Apple's streaming music plans... and more tech news
Chipmaker Broadcom wants to increase the number of devices that can accept mobile payments with a new microcontroller for PCs and IoT products.
There's a standard in the works for Ethernet gear to feed faster Wi-Fi access points, but with rival industry groups pushing two different specifications, it might take a while to finish.
Just increasing the resolution to 3840 by 2160 pixels won't be enough to make consumers replace existing TVs with 4K models: Improvements such as higher frame rates and better color reproduction will be equally important, according to two industry ex...
The Internet of Things may have been the talk of the tech industry for months now, but communications chip maker Broadcom thinks it's just getting started.
Some top hardware companies have established a new Internet of Things consortium to create standards so that billions of devices can connect to each other.
A collaborative, nonprofit foundation has been started by a group of technology companies to boost the adoption of the MIPS processor architecture.
Chip maker Broadcom has announced a new specification along with software and APIs to improve the performance of OpenFlow switches and to make it easier for hardware vendors to build products.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Huawei P9 review: lifting photography to another level... sometimes.
- 2 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 3 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 4 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 5 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- This new model for quantum circuits is like a 5-decker sandwich
- Dell stops selling Android devices
- IBM and Cisco will make Watson into a virtual workmate
- Time is short to stop expansion of FBI hacking, senator says
- Over 100 DDoS botnets built using Linux malware for embedded devices
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- FTSenior Architect, TechnologyNSW
- CCAnalyst Programmer (System Backup Operation/UNIX) 160615/AP/791Asia
- CCBusiness AnalystVIC
- CCSolution Analyst - CloudVIC
- FTCitrix SpecialistACT
- CCDigital Business AnalystVIC
- FT.Net Developer (WebAPI / Entity Framework / SQL Server)NSW
- CCSenior Business AnalystVIC
- FTSenior Software Developer (Full Stack)SA
- CCTechnologyOne System Administration and DevelopmentACT
- CCScrum Master with Java development backgroundACT
- CCSolution DesignerNSW
- FTLooking for a PEGA Developer with Baseline ClearanceVIC
- FTTechnical Lead - Tier 1 Customer interfaceACT
- CCContract Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160621/P/866Asia
- FTAndroid Technical Lead (Work From Home 2-3 Days)NSW
- CCServiceNow DeveloperVIC
- CCSystems EngineerNSW
- FTIT Senior Business Analyst (12M)NSW
- CCContract IT Assistant (IT Security/IT Audit) 160621/ITA/361Asia
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/ SQL/Web) 160708/AP/352Asia
- CCTest LeadNSW
- CCSolution Architect / Designer - Cyber SecurityNSW
- CCNetwork EngineerVIC