In an effort to simplify authentication for its services, Yahoo has introduced a new mechanism that allows users to log in with temporary passwords that are sent to their mobile phones.
A new malware program attempts to extort money from gamers by encrypting game saves and other user-generated files for popular computer games.
Microsoft fixed a critical vulnerability Tuesday in the Windows cryptographic library that could expose Windows servers to remote code execution attacks. The update also adds support for stronger and more modern cryptographic ciphers to older Windows...
Security researchers have recently found a vulnerability that could be used to hijack Android apps and devices, but an older issue that can have the same effect remains a significant threat nearly two years after its discovery, according to security ...
Security researchers managed to bypass the protections offered by Microsoft's Enhanced Mitigation Experience Toolkit (EMET), a utility designed to detect and block software exploits, and concluded that the tool would not be effective against determin...
Bromium's small virtual machines have been updated to protect users who send documents or connect to public wireless hotspots when on the move.
Bromium has upgraded its security platform vSentry, which uses virtualization to isolate malicious code, to protect virtual desktops and old Windows XP PCs.
Simon Crosby, the former CTO of Citrix Systems' data center and cloud business, has formed a startup called Bromium that will aim to solve security problems in a cloud environment.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- FTManager, Applications SpecialistNSW
- FTMid-Level Full-Stack Java DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnology Team Lead / Senior Developer - JavaNSW
- CCProgram Business AnalystVIC
- CCSenior Business Analyst, Contributions TaxNSW
- CCMS SCOM AdministratorVIC
- CCHR Systems Support OfficerACT
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCSolutions Architect - SAP HANAQLD
- CCSoftware Licensing AnalystVIC
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (.NET C#/MS ASP .NET) 160526/AP/263Asia
- FTSenior Developer (.Net)SA
- CCBusiness Analyst, LifeNSW
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCPEGA Developer / ConfigurerACT
- FTPeoplesoft CRM DeveloperWA
- CCProgram Communications SpecialistVIC
- CCSenior Systems AnalystSA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- FTSenior Business Analysts - Payments or Disaster RecoveryVIC
- CCIT Assistant (Lotus Notes/LAN/Anti-Virus) 160524/ITA/074Asia
- CCSr. Net DeveloperVIC
- CCChange Manager- Success Factors/HCMNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTBI / Business Intelligence Designer / ArchitectNSW