Although Android Ice Cream Sandwich makes some big leaps in HTML5 browser performance, Apple's iOS 5 is still the king, according to a study by Sencha.
Browsers & Add-Ons
True story: I'd been getting fed up with Firefox, in part because it was acting sluggish and flaky, so I decided to give Google's Chrome browser a try. And by "try," I mean make it my primary browser for a couple weeks.
Tom Guthrie wants to selectively remove the usernames, passwords, and other bits of text from his browser's AutoFill -- or AutoComplete -- feature.
The recently released Firefox 4 is a big improvement over previous versions of the popular Web browser, but you can still teach it plenty of tricks.
A lot has changed in the browser universe since Firefox 3.0 launched in June 2008. Google Chrome burst onto the scene, and has undergone frequent updates since then. Microsoft released IE 8 and IE 9. Safari advanced from version 3 then to version 5 n...
Read on if you've ever been frustrated by slow performance in Firefox.
Apple's new Safari extension gallery looks a lot like the iOS App Store, populated with colorful icons that hold strange and wonderful things. In case browsing the 100 extensions Apple offers for Safari 5.01 is too much effort, here are eight good on...
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 3 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
- 4 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 5 MSI GS70 laptop review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Intel, Microsoft going long distance with Cortana on Windows 10 PCs
- Obama orders review of election hacks as Trump doubts Russia's role
- Ransomware attacks against businesses increased threefold in 2016
- Attackers use hacked home routers to hit Russia's 5 largest banks
- US mulls rules for airlines that plan in-flight Wi-Fi voice calls
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- Best phone of the year 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Security Operations CentreVIC
- CCCapacity and Performance AnalystVIC
- CCProject Manager - Cabling, Network Sys Design and DeliveryNSW
- FTPMO Lead/ ManagerNSW
- FTLinux Unix AdministratorNSW
- CCSenior Automation TesterQLD
- FTSecurity EngineerVIC
- FTFinancial Planner - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCChange AnalystNSW
- FTChief Security Officer l CISSP l ISO27001NSW
- CCService Desk/Helpdesk ConsultantNSW
- CCSenior Java Developer | WebNSW
- FTPrincipal Project ManagerNSW
- CCService Desk AnalystNSW
- CCIteration Manager - DigitalNSW
- CCApplication Blueprinting Engineer ( Developer).ACT
- FTHealth Software Support Consultant - Permanent - North RydeNSW
- FTBusiness Analyst - SQLNSW
- CCGIS ConsultantNSW
- CCExchange EngineerNSW
- FTManager - Superannuation ConsultingNSW
- FTAGILE Implementation ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 2 Service Desk AnalystQLD
- TPMicrosoft Dynamics CRM Developer/ AdministratorWA
- CCBusiness Systems AnalystVIC