Apple today patched a record 62 vulnerabilities in Safari 5, updating the Mac and Windows browser to version 5.0.4.
Microsoft today announced it would launch Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) on Monday, March 14.
No more platform previews, betas, or release candidates: the final version of Internet Explorer 9 is launching on March 14.
It's been a while since I've covered tips for my favorite browser, Mozilla Firefox tips (read "Quick Tips for Speeding Up Mozilla Firefox" for my last installment). So this week I thought I'd toss you a couple tips for scrolling through long Web page...
Google patched 25 vulnerabilities in Chrome today in one last update before the Pwn2Own hacking contest starts Wednesday in Canada.
Mozilla has urged users to update their graphics cards' drivers if they want to take advantage of Firefox 4's hardware acceleration.
Microsoft today launched a deathwatch for its 10-year-old Internet Explorer 6 browser, saying it wanted to "see IE6 gone for good."
If you're a mobile worker and like to go online using public Wi-Fi services, like those in coffee shops, you probably don't realize how insanely reckless you're being.
Microsoft Internet Explorer use is dropping and Web application traffic is surging according to one study of how employees at about 2,000 companies made use of the Internet over the past year.
Google on Monday patched 19 vulnerabilities in Chrome, paying nine researchers $14,000 in bug bounties for reporting the flaws.
Mozilla on Friday rolled out what appears to be the last beta release of its Firefox 4 open source Web browser software.
Google has announced that forthcoming releases of its Chrome browser will be able to run apps in the background. Essentially, the feature moves Chrome one step closer to becoming a true application platform -- and with continuing efforts to develop H...
Sick of waiting for pages to load on your mobile device? Get an iPad or iPhone. That's the upshot of a mobile browser speed study done by a company called Gomez. They found that Apple's mobile version of Safari was fastest and BlackBerry's browser th...
Web surfers tired of waiting for the official release of hardware featuring Google's Chrome OS now have a browser-based alternative right at their fingertips: Splashtop Linux 1.0, a downloadable instant-on operating system tailored to life in the clo...
Mozilla today said that it will ship security updates to Firefox 3.5 and Firefox 3.6 next Tuesday, ending a debate about whether to wait for a patch that affects Adobe's software.
Gadgets & Things
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Finally! LG OLED TV 2016 range review
- 2 Huawei Nova Plus smartphone review
- 3 Apple iPhone 7 Plus review: including Portrait Mode
- 4 Google Daydream View VR full, in-depth review
- 5 Google Pixel XL full, in-depth smartphone review: Phones just got smarter
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- Pompeo sworn in as CIA chief amid opposition from surveillance critics
- 10 ways to get an IT Job in 2017
- Trump names net neutrality foe Ajit Pai to lead the FCC
- Samsung sees 2016 profit jump despite Note 7 debacle
- Microsoft expands FastTrack migration service
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- Time to ditch Foxtel and the iQ3: How to replace Foxtel packages with cheaper alternatives
- The top 10 best and worst tech gadgets and products of 2016
- TV of the year award 2016
- What's the difference between an Intel Core i3, i5 and i7?
- Laser vs. inkjet printers: which is better?
- FTProject Manager - Sunshine Coast LocationQLD
- TPBusiness/Data AnalystQLD
- TPSenior Project ManagerVIC
- FTJunior Business Process Analyst Perm North SydneyNSW
- TPSenior Analytics Analyst DeveloperVIC
- FTTechnical Account ManagerACT
- CCSenior Project Manager - Financial Planning - Contract - Sydney CBDNSW
- CCProject Manager - TelcoVIC
- CCIT Risk Specialist (Assurance) - TelcoVIC
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTRegional Sales Manager - Telco/ICT - Employer of choiceQLD
- FTApplication Developer - FileNetQLD
- CCWeb Architect - Ruby, Python, Java, Open sourceNSW
- FTSoftware Support SpecialistQLD
- TPProgram ManagerNSW
- FTLevel 3 EngineerNSW
- FTIT Information Security AdvisorNSW
- CCNetwork Security Engineer - Cisco ISEVIC
- TPLevel 3 Systems EngineerWA
- FTSecurity Solutions Architect - Consultancy - Permanent - Sydney CBDNSW
- TPInfrastructure ArchitectVIC
- FTPHP DeveloperQLD
- TPData AnalystVIC
- CCTest Capability LeadNSW
- CCData Modeller and Business Analyst - Integration ProjectQLD