Microsoft is expected to release its "Project Spartan" lightweight browser in its next public preview of Windows 10, according to a report.
Perhaps this is why Windows 10 will be a free upgrade to both Windows 7 and Windows 8 owners: Windows 7 users simply refuse to give up using Microsoft's older OS.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer development team has confirmed there will be a browser extension system for Project Spartan, meaning developers will be able to extend its functionality with software that can be built directly into the browser.
There's a new browser aiming to win the hearts and minds of power users. Called Vivaldi, the Chromium-based browser comes from a team led by Jon von Tetzchner, co-founder and former CEO of Opera Software. Vivaldi is available now as a technical previ...
The existing version of Internet Explorer will ship in Windows 10 alongside Microsoft's new Spartan browser, the company revealed Thursday. This is instead of a new version of IE, which was being referred to as IE12 by Microsoft officials as late as ...
Whether we saw Internet Explorer 12 or a curious new alternative browser from Microsoft remains unknown, even after the conclusion of Wednesday's Windows 10 preview event in Redmond, Washington.
Mozilla is adding new capabilities in the beta version of Firefox 36 to give users and website owners more control over what data, if any, is sent to other websites during browsing.
With this week's rollout of Firefox 35, Mozilla is taking a bold step toward reclaiming the relevance that Firefox once commanded. Key to that effort is the organization's move to take a standard technology called WebRTC and add it to Firefox to let ...
Microsoft has retired the browser choice screen it agreed to show new Windows users in the European Union as part of an antitrust settlement.
Microsoft's upcoming Skype for Web service will use the new WebRTC standard so it works in all modern browsers -- but not right away: Early users will have to download a plugin that's only available on Mac and Windows.
Nudging developers towards the open Web, the Mozilla Foundation is customizing a version of its popular Firefox browser that can be used to build Web pages and applications, potentially reducing the number of different tools now required for the job.
Ericsson's Bowser has been resurrected to make up for the lack of a WebRTC-compatible browser on iOS and is now available for download from Apple's App Store.
To commemorate the 20th anniversary of Netscape Navigator's release this week, let's take a look back at the rise and demise of the browser that introduced many to the World Wide Web.
Mozilla has added a defense in its latest version of Firefox that would help prevent hackers from intercepting data intended for major online services.
An analysis by security researchers of 48,000 extensions for Google's Chrome browser uncovered many that are used for fraud and data theft, actions that are mostly undetectable to regular users.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Hisense Series 7 ULED 4K UHD TV review
- 2 Samsung Galaxy Note 7 review
- 3 Portable power: Venom Blackbook 13 Zero review
- 4 Alcatel Idol 4S review: King of the mid-range?
- 5 Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge Review
Join the PC World newsletter!
Latest News Articles
- AMD has its eyes on Las Vegas with Polaris GPUs
- Nvidia teases Volta GPU in next-gen Xavier self-driving car computer
- Meet Apache Spot, a new open source project for cybersecurity
- Plat.One acquisition marks start of $2B IoT investment plan for SAP
- Review: Asus ROG G752 OC Edition - Faster than many desktop gaming PCs
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
- CCNetwork and Security EngineerNSW
- FTPositive Vetted ICT positions - Defence intelligence and information securityACT
- CCSecurity Cleared IT Professionals - Expression of InterestSA
- CCSenior Infrastrcture Project ManagerACT
- CCSolution ArchitectQLD
- FTNetwork and Security Design EngineerNSW
- CCSenior Business Analyst -Change and SAP ProcurementNSW
- FTSenior Project Manager | TelecommunicationVIC
- CCiOS DeveloperNSW
- CCInformatica Developer (MDM)NSW
- CCContract Web Developer (160915/WD/vmp)Asia
- CCJava / J2ee ProgrammersACT
- CCSenior .NET DeveloperVIC
- CCTechnical Architect/DesignerACT
- FTLinux Systems AdministratorNZ
- FTCarrier/ Industrial Network ConsultantsWA
- FTTest SpecialistSA
- FTOutbound TelesalesVIC
- CCIT Security ArchitectACT
- FTTechnical Support Engineer | Cloud | Automation techsNSW
- CCNetwork Design Specialist - TelecommunicationsNSW
- CCBusiness ArchitectNSW
- CCBusiness Analyst - Telecom ProjectNSW
- FTNetApp Storage ConsultantWA
- FTEMC Storage ConsultantWA