Google on Wednesday unveiled administrative tools designed to make its Chrome browser a compelling choice for businesses.
The results are in, and the overwhelming verdict when it comes to Google's Chrome OS is: "Why?" I lost track of the number of reviewers who pointed out that anybody can recreate the Chrome OS experience by simply maximizing a Chrome browser window.
Microsoft's Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) blocks more malicious sites and malware than any other browser, including its predecessor IE8, according to a report released Tuesday.
Computers and their software today are too complicated, and users are increasingly looking at iPads and cloud-based services such as Google Docs to handle the basics that most of us stick to: document editing, photo management, emailing, Web browsing...
Chrome OS is grabbing headlines this week, as Google reveals more details about its cloud-based operating system for mobile devices. Netbooks running Chrome OS won't ship until mid-2011, however, which allows us plenty of time to speculate on potenti...
It's been a year since Google first said it would deliver a browser-only operating system for laptops called Chrome OS. Today, Google previewed the real thing at a time the iPad slate concept has already gained remarkable traction by businesses and u...
Microsoft today said that the next major milestone of Internet Explorer 9 (IE9) will let users determine who tracks their movement and behavior online, its response to increasing calls for additional consumer control over the practice.
As expected, Google launched its Chrome Web Store today, offering users of its browser free and paid Web apps.
The next version of Internet Explorer will let users turn on "tracking protection," a new mechanism that will block specified third-party sites from tracking users, Microsoft said.
Google has issued invitations for a media event on Tuesday, and all signs point to some sort of official unveiling of Google-branded netbooks built on the Chrome OS. Just in case you haven't been keeping up on the Chrome OS news, here is a little bac...
Firefox 4 will automatically update the browser's extensions, a Mozilla interface designer said Sunday.
A Microsoft executive's self-described job of driving Internet Explorer 6 (IE6) into extinction will be difficult unless he can move Chinese users off the aged browser.
The blogosphere may be buzzing about Google's Chrome OS and Chrome Web Store this week, but Google itself is focusing on its original Chrome product: The Chrome Web browser.
Google on Thursday patched 13 vulnerabilities in Chrome as it shifted the most stable edition of the browser to version 8.
Most Popular Reviews
- 1 Sony Xperia Z5 Premium review: Is the world ready for a 4K phone?
- 2 D-Link Taipan AC3200 Ultra tri-band modem-router review
- 3 Dell XPS 13 (2016) review: Making the very best Ultrabook
- 4 Microsoft Surface Book review: The verdict on Microsoft's first notebook
- 5 Telstra Wi-Fi 4GX Advanced III review: Testing the world's first 600Mbps wireless hotspot
Join the PC World newsletter!
Best Deals on PC World
Latest News Articles
- Shared malware code links SWIFT-related breaches at banks and North Korean hackers
- Senate proposal to require encryption workarounds may be dead
- Acer's Windows 10 Switch hybrids priced to battle Chromebooks
- Seagate 8TB NAS drive: Review
GGG Evaluation Team
First impression on unpacking the Q702 test unit was the solid feel and clean, minimalist styling.
For work use, Microsoft Word and Excel programs pre-installed on the device are adequate for preparing short documents.
The Fujitsu LifeBook UH574 allowed for great mobility without being obnoxiously heavy or clunky. Its twelve hours of battery life did not disappoint.
The screen was particularly good. It is bright and visible from most angles, however heat is an issue, particularly around the Windows button on the front, and on the back where the battery housing is located.
My first impression after unboxing the Q702 is that it is a nice looking unit. Styling is somewhat minimalist but very effective. The tablet part, once detached, has a nice weight, and no buttons or switches are located in awkward or intrusive positions.
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (JAVA/SQL) 160606/AP/251Asia
- CCBI/Information/Data/Solution ArchitectNSW
- CCProgram Business Implementation Director- HR Payroll, FINSW
- CCDelivery Manager - Integration SpaceVIC
- CCQA OfficerACT
- CCBusiness Analyst, Service Performance, RetailNSW
- FTPermanent Defence network engineer - career progression & flexible conditionsACT
- CCICT Fleet and Equipment Audit ResourcesSA
- CCBusiness Analyst, AdviceNSW
- FTTechnical LeadNSW
- CCService Desk ConsultantACT
- CCChange manager/Change LeadNSW
- CCBusiness Intelligence (BI) AnalystQLD
- CCContract Programmer (HTML/JAVA/SQL) 160525/P/013Asia
- CCAWS Developer/LeadNSW
- CCContract Analyst Programmer (J2EE/Oracle) 160520/AP/985Asia
- CCDevOps Software Configuration ManagerACT
- CCService Desk analystSA
- CCWeb DeveloperACT
- CCNetwork Architect VoiceNSW
- CCOracle Siebel Administrator - JULY STARTACT
- CCIteration Manager/Agile Project ManagerNSW
- CCTechnical WriterACT
- CCMicrosoft System Engineer - NV1ACT
- CCSolution ArchitectNSW